We need more Moderators (not spam)

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok this tonight just proves one simple fact, ratsun needs more moderators that are on at different timezones, and not sporadic on when they are and not online.  

I volunteer my time, i know i probally wont be considered, but i sit home with my kids, im disabled, but im on almost every night and durring the day, and mroe than willing to help out and volunteer my time. 

But thsi thread is just for the fact of stating, we need more mods that are on at different times to prevent spam like this from happening, cuz this is the worst spam attack ive seen yet. 

It proves that a determined spammer can spam. We have  spam filters and then I go through any passed to get the ones that fell through the cracks. Maybe 3-4 a day. There are other controls and protocals to prevent spam but more I can't say as spammers may read and circumvent them.  

I agree... this shit is out of control

Get real! When was the last spam posting here?  Feel free to post insults on their threads but do not say it's out of control.

This really is the only spam attack...

if you gunna quote me...this site gets spam all the time, this is the first attack this bad

Correct. It doesn't happen often that it gets through and usually during the day I get it removed ASAP or I remove the 'member' before he can post. From 12 to 6 AM who cares? 99.3% of members will never know. Few are up on Ratsun over night and you can just ignore it till it's taken down.....

There, there,.... daddy's here... Dry your little eyes everything is alllll right. Daddy cleaned up the mess and you're going to be fine. The big bad spammer is gone far away and will never bother you again.......

Now run out onto the nice clean forum and play Datsun while daddy watches. I'm right here so don't worry.

kisses...

XXXXX

• Like 1

Mike, when I made reference to "shit being out of control", I was not in any way implying that this is on a regular basis. I was making reference to how fast the post were being made and the amount of threads. I will say, this is the first time I have seen something like this happen. 

Thats all....

Spambots work different ways through the system, every time a spam blocker starts working they find another way around it. Has nothing to do with the amount of moderators or the current spam filters. It's the nature of the beast, same with antivirus/virus stuff. Once they get in the exploit it until the hole is closed.

Thanks for all the reports, I think Mike got all them spammers before I got a chance to get to them. :)

Dazenmike, thanks to getting it done.  I saw the mess sometime yesterday, went and did some stuff, and the next itme I was on, the spam was gone.  To me it was no big deal, and eliminated pretty quickly.  Good job.  Thank you.

Hope your puppy keeps getting better.

• Like 1

really what do they think we are  sex crazed, tit posting, ass slapping grease monkeys?

Well I don't know about you, But that is a pretty discription of yours truly. :rofl:  :rofl:

• Like 1

It is not "in control" when "between 12-6am = who cares"... LOL.

Sucks that you feel insulted, but it is a good opportunity to step back and look for areas of improvement... which would certainly be better than quoting yourself being condescening and calling yourself "daddy".

-Robert

It is not "in control" when "between 12-6am = who cares"... LOL.

Sucks that you feel insulted, but it is a good opportunity to step back and look for areas of improvement... which would certainly be better than quoting yourself being condescening and calling yourself "daddy".

-Robert

For the lultz.... not insulted.  

Delaying new members 12 hours would solve a few things.

For the record I am your daddy and you are my kids. Now outside and play Datsun.

I'm down for a new mod or two. I mean no one will ever compose to mike but I mean skib is never on anymore (and still owes me muy fucking coilovers) and half I never see or contribute.

I vote ratwagon1600 and then maybe someone from the east side of the country. I mean hell, when I get on as soon as I wake, most you were freshly in bed since I'm 3 hours ahead. Blows waking up before 6 every day.

I'm down for a new mod or two. I mean no one will ever compose to mike but I mean skib is never on anymore (and still owes me muy fucking coilovers) and half I never see or contribute.

Still? Dude...

For the lultz.... not insulted.  

Delaying new members 12 hours would solve a few things.

For the record I am your daddy and you are my kids. Now outside and play Datsun.

12 hour delay can be a real nuisance.  

would it affect many if the gates for new members were closed while mods sleep?  It would dick over some, but it would only be a several hour delay for night owls, and folks on the wrong side of the globe.  Most importantly, it would prevent assholes form increasing their web-hits on their phone numbers, and keep Ratsun boards clean of nonsense.