Daily Randomness.........Back to Randomness........................................

1 hour ago, bottomwatcher said:

I flew in a small plane a few weeks ago. Plane gas makes boat gas look cheap!

The average price for AV gas (100LL) in the southwest (CA, NV, UT, CO, AZ, NM) today is $7.15 per gallon. Last week at this time it was $6.99 per gallon.

I have it at $6.10 per gallon at my FBO and there is only 1 other airport within a 50 mile radius that is lower than me at $5.98 per gallon.

• Replies 25.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• VFR800

• datzenmike

• q-tip

• hobospyder

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

23 hours ago, KELMO said:

The average price for AV gas (100LL) in the southwest (CA, NV, UT, CO, AZ, NM) today is $7.15 per gallon. Last week at this time it was $6.99 per gallon.

I have it at $6.10 per gallon at my FBO and there is only 1 other airport within a 50 mile radius that is lower than me at $5.98 per gallon.

its $5.20 in a lot of places for regular pump gas here . 

lowest near m house is $4.89 at the truck stop 

Edited by bananahamuck

Been building myself an office in my unfinished basement.  Mostly out of crap I have laying around. But I found a b210 in the junkyard, so I bought the grill and also the side markers (but those aren't in the office).  I had some IKEA under cabinet lighting laying around so I used that above the desk, under the lip of the grill and inside the scoop on the hood.  Then I hung some other crap around.

IMG_20230913_193254470_HDR.thumb.jpg.722953b2fa432343b98121976564717f.jpg

IMG_20230913_192239070_HDR.thumb.jpg.7d548d5aaa3c8047a2715b051462fb13.jpg

IMG_20230909_181450840_HDR.thumb.jpg.5c24872d9db6b49c23e4883d0c96d4d8.jpg

• Like 7

Went on a trip in my Patrol to check my PO Box. When backing out of parking spot hit the curb and broke steering link, catastrophic failure no steering!!! If you had a head on in a Patrol the steering column would puncture your chest. Did I mention My Patrol is fro sale?

• Like 1

520/521 and 620 also have solid columns. It's mounted to the solid frame but nothing to stop you going forward into the steering wheel. Like pole vaulting into the afterlife.

Anyone speak like a Pirate yesterday? I did.

This month is National Rice Month so eat it, but don't drive it.

2 hours ago, datzenmike said:

520/521 and 620 also have solid columns. It's mounted to the solid frame but nothing to stop you going forward into the steering wheel. Like pole vaulting into the afterlife.

Anyone speak like a Pirate yesterday? I did.

This month is National Rice Month so eat it, but don't drive it.

No but me and nephew were encouraging his sisters , toddler to cuss like a sailor,  until his mom got wind of it.. then we just did it more discreetly ..

I can’t eat rice anymore. Well,,, I guess I caaaan but doctors are warning me they will start cutting off my feet if I do… Not sure if trade off is worth it . 

Edited by bananahamuck
43 minutes ago, bananahamuck said:

I can’t eat rice anymore. Well,,, I guess I caaaan but doctors are warning me they will start cutting off my feet if I do… Not sure if trade off is worth it . 

Just put blocks on the pedals.

• Like 1

20230924_095451.thumb.jpg.9bb2c5e1cf8bf806d81cfd775d2c2540.jpgmy ex brother in law died Saturday at 64. He and my sister had a contentious divorce about 20 years ago so I distanced myself from him. I've always regretted that. When he married my sister he in 1982 he was building houses and working stupid hours. When the bottom fell out of that in 1984 he moved his family to the Muskogee area (where he was from) and did pretty much fuck all for steady employment until about 1986. He'd work side jobs for utilities and beer money otherwise sister paid the bills with the money she made working the register at Ben Franklin. He'd load me up in his '68 C10 short step (I was mid teens) and we'd haunt salvage yards and explore the back roads all day. Had a fucking blast. In 1987 he got a job at an aggregate company maintaining their drag line. 15+ hours for 20 years. Worked himself to death. Died essentially indigent. Figured out i loved him more and knew him better than his kids did. They resent me for it. I don't give a fuck about that but hate myself for not reaching out to him. 

39710_129504723759396_1507973_n(1).jpg

• Like 4
  • Sad 1