Daily Randomness.........Back to Randomness........................................

On 8/7/2023 at 3:54 PM, KELMO said:

So, the Secret Service stopped by my HOUSE today.

Cp5q3Rk.jpg

I guess someone important will be in or near my airspace soon.

KkQYuVe.jpg

Not gonna lie, my butt did pucker a little when the dude said who he was with and showed me his credentials.

G. Gordon Liddy said that was SOP in the 50s for anyone deemed less than friendly when POTUS was gracing their hamlet with his presence. 

• Replies 25.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• VFR800

• datzenmike

• q-tip

• hobospyder

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

13 hours ago, thisismatt said:

You can use a service to bid for you. I use auctionstealer. It's free for slightly delayed snipes

I have had good success in the past with Bid Sniper. It costs a few cents per bid, but it let me put in my max bid about 5 seconds before the auction closes. 

To be honest, I normally stick to stuff with "buy it now, or best offer". Usually you can throw them an offer for 10-20% less than the listed price and they will take it. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, datsunfreak said:

I have had good success in the past with Bid Sniper. It costs a few cents per bid, but it let me put in my max bid about 5 seconds before the auction closes. 

To be honest, I normally stick to stuff with "buy it now, or best offer". Usually you can throw them an offer for 10-20% less than the listed price and they will take it. 

Auctionstealer is around 10 seconds for free, 1-2 seconds for paid, limited free per month but I've never run out. It's really the best way to ensure you win, or don't hype yourself into overpaying. Decide the max you're willing to pay, put that in, you either win or you don't and when you do you know your price didn't get driven up unnecessarily 

Edited by thisismatt
  • Like 1
13 hours ago, a.d._510_n_ok said:

G. Gordon Liddy said that was SOP in the 50s for anyone deemed less than friendly when POTUS was gracing their hamlet with his presence. 

Well, I have been known to be less than friendly to most people. This was mostly a courtesy call to make sure I was aware of the airspace restrictions which included my airport. The interesting thing is that he was coming out of AZ and will be headed to UT today and we are about 30 miles east of the airport he landed at.

It had nothing to do with my political affiliation or views......I think.

• Like 2
15 hours ago, angliagt said:

Thomas can give you some pointers on what to say when you meet him.

Seriously disinclined on both the pointers and the meet.

• Like 1
On 8/9/2023 at 8:40 AM, KELMO said:

Well, I have been known to be less than friendly to most people. This was mostly a courtesy call to make sure I was aware of the airspace restrictions which included my airport. The interesting thing is that he was coming out of AZ and will be headed to UT today and we are about 30 miles east of the airport he landed at.

It had nothing to do with my political affiliation or views......I think.

62aedf890977f.jpeg.jpg.eb700238c7637b5c447ac9488669fcc1.jpg

• Like 2

I’m only over here because we are looking at a F350 at auction, and it just happened to be in Medical lake . 

it’s really hard to find a super duty that isn’t a diesel. Or a V10 

If anyone is thinking of vacationing there ,,, just for reference,, Medical lake is like the king butthole of water features.