Daily Randomness.........Back to Randomness........................................

• Replies 25.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• VFR800

• datzenmike

• q-tip

• hobospyder

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Knew a guy who circle tracked and he added upside down shocks besides the regular ones. Said it changed the compression/rebound characteristics.... but does it really? Compression is compression even if upside down.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, datzenmike said:

he added upside down shocks besides the regular ones. Said it changed the compression/rebound characteristics.... but does it really? 

No. Because...

2 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Compression is compression even if upside down.

On a gas filled shock, it cares not how it's mounted. 

13 hours ago, bilzbobaggins said:

VoZ1Emj.jpg

Guy I got it from claimed it was the oil change place across from costco.  I believe him.

And as expected, already starting to rust.  😋

I remember the Govt cheese giveaway about 1978 or 9. If they are still hoarding that shit it's time for another giveaway! Sorry I've had a few glasses of Jamesons and the timelines don't exactly match in my head but I do remember my Dad telling me to eat up because they had so much cheese from a Govt. box I never thought possible back in the day.

Edited by Ooph!
  • Like 1
On 4/2/2023 at 7:35 PM, Dguy210 said:

My wifes family ate that,, she was late baby compared to rest of her siblings so her dad was old enough to qualify for those exact boxes of cheese..  was pretty good cheese . 

Was able to finish a project today. I found the street signs a couple of years ago in some scrub oak where I do a lot of brick hunting. I used to spend my middle school summers with an elderly friend who lived in the second house east of this intersection. The sign pole I fished out of a creek last year after the springs floods. I've been trying to buy the stop sign from an old Vietnam veteran who alternates between hoarding and liquidation of all junk.20230409_151529.thumb.jpg.3fbead48f9cb1feb0e1425a01df1324d.jpg After two years of telling me "No!" today he priced it: $40 - pretty cheap for an embossed one. Also, Double Cola is one I've never heard of.

Edited by a.d._510_n_ok
  • Like 2

Well yesterday packing up for the departure from Florida to Maine this handsome fellow swam by. No matter how much things piss you off in the world when one of these perfect animals swims past you drop what you are doing and admire one of nature's most intelligent creatures. Everything else gets forgotten.20230409_221037.thumb.jpg.678a4ce0a925b8a00c71c991997e4327.jpg

• Like 1
2 hours ago, bottomwatcher said:

Well yesterday packing up for the departure from Florida to Maine this handsome fellow swam by. No matter how much things piss you off in the world when one of these perfect animals swims past you drop what you are doing and admire one of nature's most intelligent creatures. Everything else gets forgotten.20230409_221037.thumb.jpg.678a4ce0a925b8a00c71c991997e4327.jpg

Looks like a dangerous neighborhood

7 hours ago, Ooph! said:

Looks like a dangerous neighborhood

No skinny dipping. Actually it is a bottlenose dolphin hard to get a good picture of. He has been making a regular rotation through the canal around 9 AM. He is punctual but not gregarious. The young ones are wild. The old ones get feeble and learn to beg from humans. There is a local old one named lefty because of a missing flipper. Hardcore begger. They are all cute on tv but when you become a scarred up old man like lefty with missing teeth they get kind of scary looking.

Edited by bottomwatcher
Misspelling
  • Like 2
On 4/10/2023 at 5:26 AM, bottomwatcher said:

... but when you become a scarred up old man like lefty with missing teeth they get kind of scary looking.

Sounds like some members here...

Sunrise over the bay after tide was out. Walked for 45 min to try for the sunrise over the island in foreground but there was cloud behind it. This was even better.

BciLTpt.jpg

• Like 5