Daily Randomness.........Back to Randomness........................................

When I was a kid we would form up with our BB guns and go to a local marsh area.  The best game was to send one of our number to the far end of the marsh and catch him in a BB crossfire as he attempted to get  to the opposite end of the marsh.  All of us went through this gauntlet, sometimes more often than others until we could get through unscathed on a regular basis.   One day the local cops showed up with megaphones telling us to come out of the marsh with our hands in the air.  WTF.  We doused the fire we had set for our hotdogs and disappeared into the marsh.  When we didn't respond they came in after us with guns drawn.  The outcome was that 6 officers were treated at the hospital for butt trauma and needed new uniform pants. They never caught any of us but they never again attempted to stop one of us even though we carried our BB guns into town!  The town council "solved" the problem by forbidding the sale of BB's and co2 cartridges within town limits.  We found other sources out side town that sold in bulk!

• Replies 25.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• VFR800

• datzenmike

• q-tip

• hobospyder

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, jagman said:

When I was a kid we would form up with our BB guns and go to a local marsh area.  The best game was to send one of our number to the far end of the marsh and catch him in a BB crossfire as he attempted to get  to the opposite end of the marsh.  All of us went through this gauntlet, sometimes more often than others until we could get through unscathed on a regular basis.   One day the local cops showed up with megaphones telling us to come out of the marsh with our hands in the air.  WTF.  We doused the fire we had set for our hotdogs and disappeared into the marsh.  When we didn't respond they came in after us with guns drawn.  The outcome was that 6 officers were treated at the hospital for butt trauma and needed new uniform pants. They never caught any of us but they never again attempted to stop one of us even though we carried our BB guns into town!  The town council "solved" the problem by forbidding the sale of BB's and co2 cartridges within town limits.  We found other sources out side town that sold in bulk!

Can you top this? After WW2 all the kids in our neighborhood had Fathers, older brothers or Uncles that served in the war, almost all brought back Mauser rifles as souvenirs.  We would line up and march [in formation] to the local city park [in New York City no less] and play War with real Mauser rifles. Can you predict the result of seeing 10 or more kids marching through city streets with real rifles today?

• Like 1
On 2/23/2023 at 7:45 PM, bilzbobaggins said:

A first gen Insight?   Looks like a cockroach?

Yeah,the first generation.I had a friend visit last weekend from Eureka.

He bought one for his oldest son's first car.To me,the early ones are interesting

and fairly rare.I was surprised to spot two of them here.

There's a Red one (rare color) parked at the edge of a Food Lion parking lot.

I asked a guy at the tire shop on the other side of the lot about it.He said that it had

been there for about five years.

Sounds like a great place to park a vehicle with a body in the trunk at.

1 hour ago, jagman said:

Did any of you shoot your eye out?

2 hours ago, MikeRL411 said:

Can you top this? After WW2 all the kids in our neighborhood had Fathers, older brothers or Uncles that served in the war, almost all brought back Mauser rifles as souvenirs.  We would line up and march [in formation] to the local city park [in New York City no less] and play War with real Mauser rifles. Can you predict the result of seeing 10 or more kids marching through city streets with real rifles today?

I still have a Japanese rifle my grandfather brought back.

7 hours ago, angliagt said:

Yeah,the first generation.I had a friend visit last weekend from Eureka.

He bought one for his oldest son's first car.To me,the early ones are interesting

and fairly rare.I was surprised to spot two of them here.

There's a Red one (rare color) parked at the edge of a Food Lion parking lot.

I asked a guy at the tire shop on the other side of the lot about it.He said that it had

been there for about five years.

Sounds like a great place to park a vehicle with a body in the trunk at.

Yep.  They are drying up.  I noticed the ones on a fb group have what I consider to be lofty prices on them.

Yes.  The smell of old Grocery stores would be a great cover for a dead body.

2 hours ago, metalmonkey47 said:

So I'm pretty damn close to impulse buying another Datto...think my lady will forgive me? We just bought a Corvette a few months ago 😂

Depends on what it is. Is is worth getting "Cut off from the goods for while"? Better be rust free! Nothing worse than being cut off and dealing with rust at the same time.

If you take a minute to think about it from the Womans perspective it goes a long way to a good solid relationship. She will see any acquisition as competition for time and if things are tight money. Every inanimate object although not alive is "Greedy" especially older cars or worse boats. Whatever I own when I walk past it I think of beggars yelling at me and tapping there palms yelling gimme! The VW does it in a German accent, the toyotas, datsun and Subaru scream in a Japanese accent. My humble little homes sound like dying old Men. Then again maybe I am just plain nuts.

17 hours ago, angliagt said:

Or,tell your wife that you bought it for HER.

I did that with the Corvette 😑

On the plus side, a 510 would be a lot cheaper. 

Basically, the guy I bought my 620 from a million years ago is selling off his Maxima, 210 Wagon, and 510's to retire to Florida. It sure seems like a good time to buy a 510 project car.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, metalmonkey47 said:

I did that with the Corvette 😑

On the plus side, a 510 would be a lot cheaper. 

Basically, the guy I bought my 620 from a million years ago is selling off his Maxima, 210 Wagon, and 510's to retire to Florida. It sure seems like a good time to buy a 510 project car.

210 wagon you say?