Daily Randomness.........Back to Randomness........................................

4 hours ago, a.d._510_n_ok said:

Huh......a buddy told me he didn't think glass for it would be too crazy either. I really hadn't looked. Haven't seen one in a salvage since the 90s. Around here most has their engines pulled for pickup trucks and then the bodies were crushed immediately. 

Old Ford windshields are fairly cheap, and easy to get. 

https://www.ecklers.com/1972-76-torino-montego-1972-79-ranchero-windshield-42-852134-1.html?T5_Var1=Catch+All&T5_Var2=search&T5_Var4=42-852136-1&gclid=Cj0KCQjwlPWgBhDHARIsAH2xdNegqlJHOnSAhPUM5q7tqweINEbtTANQ09slVDXHc-fGVt4OqUIljJUaAoarEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds&utm_campaign=Shop+-+Ecklers+-+Vehicle+DS+High+Tier&utm_content=|JRD+International&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&utm_term=PRODUCT_GROUP

• Like 2
  • Replies 25.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• VFR800

• datzenmike

• q-tip

• hobospyder

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 2/15/2023 at 7:04 PM, thisismatt said:

Finally, Mike, our own resident Hindu gynecologist! 

https://ratsun.net/profile/57745-dr-krishnaveni-nayini/?tab=field_core_pfield_16

Does she not know no one here comes here seeking to have their personal under carriage examined?

On 2/27/2023 at 7:48 AM, metalmonkey47 said:

So I'm pretty damn close to impulse buying another Datto...think my lady will forgive me? We just bought a Corvette a few months ago 😂

If it doesn’t break the bank get the car. You can tell her your Datsun sister said it was ok. She can be mad at me. I’m ok with being the asshole. I just added another car to my fleet. Not on a Datsun tho although I would like another. My husband was just joking about the fact that I now have 3 vehicles and he has one. Do I have a problem yet?

• Haha 2
18 hours ago, Cleopatra Jones said:

If it doesn’t break the bank get the car. You can tell her your Datsun sister said it was ok. She can be mad at me. I’m ok with being the asshole. I just added another car to my fleet. Not on a Datsun tho although I would like another. My husband was just joking about the fact that I now have 3 vehicles and he has one. Do I have a problem yet?

ONLY three?

• Like 1
On 3/26/2023 at 12:30 AM, Cleopatra Jones said:

I now have 3 vehicles and he has one. Do I have a problem yet?

Not even close.  I have three stored away from my house, not to mention the 8 at home.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, six2ohyea said:

Has anyone done an engine swap on a later Datsun without any smog issues? 

Yes, because we don't smog Datusns here.  😁

1 hour ago, six2ohyea said:

Wondering if I can do an engine swap in my ‘78 620 and still pass smog legally 

The only way to do it legally is you must have all the smog equipment from the donor vehicle in place and functional. If you do, you should be fine. 

3 hours ago, six2ohyea said:

Has anyone done an engine swap on a later Datsun without any smog issues? Wondering if I can do an engine swap in my ‘78 620 and still pass smog legally 

You can, you just have to bring everything emissions related over and get a referee to sign off on it. Problem is CARB is douchy and you aren't even allowed to go from a manual to an auto or vice versa l, and other rere stuff

I did a CARB legal swap on a Miata.  It was a PITA.  It was a 91 and I swapped in a 2005 drivetrain, which should be just an OBDII check for DTC's but every shop I took it to wanted to test it as a 1991 Miata.  I got tired of it and allowed one to test it and it failed since they could not set the timing (adjustable on the 91, fixed on the 05.)  Once it had failed it has to go back to the ref.  I parted it out and moved on.  Too much trouble.