Daily Randomness.........Back to Randomness........................................

Dare to be different. I like to sit through the closing credits of a good movie till the theater is empty. Isles, halls and parking lot are empty. Everybody that is in a rush to leave if asked why would say because they want to beat the rush to leave so they can sit in their car in the jammed parking lot.   

• Replies 25.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• VFR800

• datzenmike

• q-tip

• hobospyder

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I will post this here as technically it is randomness.  I am messing around with a 06 silverado 1500.  All the lights are burnt out in the climate control panel.  I have seen videos that I will have to unsolder the old lights from the board.  Then reinstall new ones.  I swear to your deity that I have searched my balls off trying to find the size and voltage and such.  I suck with electronics.  I have found kits I can buy but if I can figure out what I need I know I can buy bags of them for less.  

I know I need 6 6volt bulbs and 2 12volt bulbs.  Does it really freaking matter if I buy a 3 mm or 4 mm bulb?  Does much of anything matter?  I dont care to put led's in there.  I just want regular incandescent bulbs back in there.

Not asking to be spoon fed, just trying to buy what I need and move on.  A nudge in the correct direction would help.

edit.   Like these?  https://www.ebay.com/itm/164120290400?chn=ps&var=464329154574&_trkparms=ispr%3D1&amdata=enc%3A1U3n0ofYRQ3i9F2XUl8iXgw8&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-117182-37290-0&mkcid=2&mkscid=101&itemid=464329154574_164120290400&targetid=&device=c&mktype=pla&googleloc=9011146&poi=&campaignid=17597089569&mkgroupid=&rlsatarget=&abcId=9300988&merchantid=110665909&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI3rn5vZib_AIVhxXUAR1yNgisEAQYAiABEgKpafD_BwE

Edited by bilzbobaggins
bc
52 minutes ago, bilzbobaggins said:

I will post this here as technically it is randomness.  I am messing around with a 06 silverado 1500.  All the lights are burnt out in the climate control panel.  I have seen videos that I will have to unsolder the old lights from the board.  Then reinstall new ones.  I swear to your deity that I have searched my balls off trying to find the size and voltage and such.  I suck with electronics.  I have found kits I can buy but if I can figure out what I need I know I can buy bags of them for less.  

I know I need 6 6volt bulbs and 2 12volt bulbs.  Does it really freaking matter if I buy a 3 mm or 4 mm bulb?  Does much of anything matter?  I dont care to put led's in there.  I just want regular incandescent bulbs back in there.

Not asking to be spoon fed, just trying to buy what I need and move on.  A nudge in the correct direction would help.

edit.   Like these?  https://www.ebay.com/itm/164120290400?chn=ps&var=464329154574&_trkparms=ispr%3D1&amdata=enc%3A1U3n0ofYRQ3i9F2XUl8iXgw8&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-117182-37290-0&mkcid=2&mkscid=101&itemid=464329154574_164120290400&targetid=&device=c&mktype=pla&googleloc=9011146&poi=&campaignid=17597089569&mkgroupid=&rlsatarget=&abcId=9300988&merchantid=110665909&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI3rn5vZib_AIVhxXUAR1yNgisEAQYAiABEgKpafD_BwE

Lead spacing may matter so that they sit tight to the board and you don't have to dogleg the leads to get them in.  Don't some of them also have colored covers/caps that you'd want to fit?  I know it's nice to order them and be ready to go when you pull the parts, but sometimes you need to just pull stuff and measure before you order...

2 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Dare to be different. I like to sit through the closing credits of a good movie till the theater is empty. Isles, halls and parking lot are empty. Everybody that is in a rush to leave if asked why would say because they want to beat the rush to leave so they can sit in their car in the jammed parking lot.   

I always try to read through the credits to see who the "Best Boy" is.                   

I was looking at local ads,& noticed a  lot for those huge toolboxes-

(lots of them full of tools) & tools (Snap-on,Mac,etc.).Many of the boxes are 

huge,& the asking prices are high (Many in the $20,000 + range.

I realize that the sellers have a lot of money invested in them over the

years,but just who could,or would put out that kind of money,or have room or

a real use for them?I'd love to have some of them,but already have more than

I need.

There must be a lot of retiring mechanics out there,or ones who lost their

jobs.

15 minutes ago, angliagt said:

I was looking at local ads,& noticed a  lot for those huge toolboxes-

(lots of them full of tools) & tools (Snap-on,Mac,etc.).Many of the boxes are 

huge,& the asking prices are high (Many in the $20,000 + range.

I realize that the sellers have a lot of money invested in them over the

years,but just who could,or would put out that kind of money,or have room or

a real use for them?I'd love to have some of them,but already have more than

I need.

There must be a lot of retiring mechanics out there,or ones who lost their

jobs.

More likely those tool boxes have been sitting in the garage of a retired, injured/disabled mechanic and they'er trying to recoup their  money. Even with Snap-on or Mac tools, it's unrealistic to expect they'd get back anywhere near their actual value. Maybe a high end shop, insurance money from someone who's tools were stolen, or an eBay seller could fork over that kind of scratch. You or I would get a much better return on investment to buy only the tools we use, but no mechanic wants to piece out his 300 item toolbox. 

There's very little depreciation on hand tools, so if they kept receipts, most if not all of the seller's loss on the sale can be used as a tax write off.

1 hour ago, paradime said:

More likely those tool boxes have been sitting in the garage of a retired, injured/disabled mechanic and they'er trying to recoup their  money. Even with Snap-on or Mac tools, it's unrealistic to expect they'd get back anywhere near their actual value.

Same with old Datsuns.

• Haha 1

Back to the tool boxes. I worked with a guy who had over $10,000 in a Mac tool box, 90's money. He cleaned his tools and bragged about them. My 20 something ass brought in a condom hawked a loogy in it and left it hanging off the side of his toolbox. He flipped the hell out and wanted whoever was responsible to be fired. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

That guy was a dick. He was always hiding others guys tools and fucking with there work. He was a total cunt. I was in my 20's and respectful if you can imagine that?? There was a fight one day, Dave pounded his face. Good times at work. Did I mention he was a cunt? 

Edited by ratpatrol66
  • Haha 2
20 minutes ago, ratpatrol66 said:

That guy was a dick. He was always hiding others guys tools and fucking with there work. He was a total cunt. I was in my 20's and respectful if you can imagine that?? There was a fight one day, Dave pounded his face. Good times at work. Did I mention he was a cunt? 

And I'll bet he was besties with the owner. Cunts alway are.

54 minutes ago, angliagt said:

Your resolutions?

Today,I resolved not to post until next year.

You posted this 44minutes ago and are in Virgini and it's 9:44 PST so you lied. Maybe I'm wrong. probably

Edited by ratpatrol66