Daily Randomness.........Back to Randomness........................................

Anyone on Ratsun that can help with the Realm?  Since that outage I can't get on there.  I tried to log in, but it rejected my pw (which I know I had right and did not forget).  I sent contact to the admin to get an email to reset it, but have heard and seen nothing.  I think I tried deleting cookies too.

• Replies 25.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• VFR800

• datzenmike

• q-tip

• hobospyder

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks Mike!  Part of the problem for reset might be that I can't remember which email address I used for setting that account up.  But I still have access to all of them.  Can you message me with what email I have used here on Ratsun (unless it is in the profile and I can't find it)?  I would like to make note of it.

Wife bent a rim on her 2010 Ford Fusion.Looked in the local Yellow pages 

for wrecking yards,& there was only three listed.Then I went online,only to find

places like Yelp,etc. that have a list of them,many out of business now.Finally found

a wheel about an hour away at the Pick & Pull yard.

Just how do you guys find wrecking yards that aren't in your immediate area?

My wonderful LKQ experiences:

Ordered a 2003-2005 Mazdaspeed Miata 6 speed transmission, received an early 90's 5 speed transmission (it was tagged as a 2005.)  LKQ wouldn't deal with my complaint, so I backed the charge out and set the transmission out with the trash.

Ordered a pair of Lexus ES350 seats to put in my Camry, received 2 different colored seats.  Swapped the wrong one at the local LKQ warehouse.

Ordered an "A" quality Miata engine, low miles out of a running car.  It was damaged in shipping and had 80% leakdown (0% is perfect) on all 4 cylinders. Pulled the valve cover to see chunks of oil.  Probably never had an oil change done.  Managed to get most of my money back and used it as a core swap for a reman.

Maybe I am just lucky.

• Haha 1
On 12/15/2022 at 10:04 PM, thisismatt said:

Yeah, surprised to see anyone suggest/recommend LKQ.  They kind of F'd the traditional pick & pulls

I know at least around here, it's that and strengthening EPA regulations and zoning changes that are forcing out all the small guys. 

The national chain of Pick-N-Pulls is still doing okay, at least in these parts. Last I checked they were owned by a big conglomerate called Schnitzer Steel. 

https://www.picknpull.com/

On 12/15/2022 at 9:59 PM, Satisaii said:

My wonderful LKQ experiences:

Maybe I am just lucky.

Sorry to hear that. My current project is almost all parts from LKQ (engine, trans, rear axle, and seats) and it all came out okay. The engine was even in better shape than the mileage suggested.

But obviously, everybody's experience is different. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, datsunfreak said:

I know at least around here, it's that and strengthening EPA regulations and zoning changes that are forcing out all the small guys. 

The national chain of Pick-N-Pulls is still doing okay, at least in these parts. Last I checked they were owned by a big conglomerate called Schnitzer Steel. 

https://www.picknpull.com/

Yes, that's true also. One near my mom's that I used to get parts from got shut down. Wish I had known and could have gotten some more stuff before it closed 😅

• Like 1
On 12/20/2022 at 8:21 PM, ratpatrol66 said:

All those wreckers are gone in Woodenville, WA.

On a different front here is a short video of Putins elite forces going nighty night. 

Gone huh? - Well,that certainly sucks something.

Watching the news,I'm seeing all these stories of people stranded at the airport,

& people who are driving their cars & big rigs getting stuck on the freeways,or getting

into a nasty accident (sometimes fatal),when there have been warnings for the last week

about this SERIOUS storm coming,& that it will pass in a few days.

WHY don't they leave early,or a few days later,when the roads will be possible,&

flights resume?

• Like 1