Daily Randomness.........Back to Randomness........................................

Anyone remember the TOY STORE that sold aftermarket Toyota parts in LA?

They helped build,or supplied parts for the early Celicas for the Long Beach Grand-

Prix celebrity races. 

I came across this unused decal that's been stored away. 

004.JPG

• Like 4
  • Replies 25.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• VFR800

• datzenmike

• q-tip

• hobospyder

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, angliagt said:

Anyone remember the TOY STORE that sold aftermarket Toyota parts in LA?

They helped build,or supplied parts for the early Celicas for the Long Beach Grand-

Prix celebrity races. 

I came across this unused decal that's been stored away. 

004.JPG

From what I know of Toyota fanboys, I'd say they'll pay a pretty penny to get their hands on that little pice of plastic.

Where would be the best place to put it up?

I tried to get on Japanese Nostalgic Cars,but that went

nowhere.

I've got a lot of old stuff like that.I should probably

start selling a lot of it off.If I sell anything through here, I

make a 10% donation to this site.It's only right.

Edited by angliagt
1 hour ago, angliagt said:

Where would be the best place to put it up?

I tried to get on Japanese Nostalgic Cars,but that went

nowhere.

I've got a lot of old stuff like that.I should probably

start selling a lot of it off.If I sell anything through here, I

make a 10% donation to this site.It's only right.

Matt's right, ebay is your best bet. Do you have any provenance for the Long Beach Grand-Prix connection to TOY STORE? Drop the in the ad to drive up interest. I know a few Toyota guys and I'll ask around for their advice.

Thanks! I went by the Toy Store in the mid-'70's,when I had

a '71 Corolla 1200.The place was a hole-in-the-wall type place,& the

owner Stu had a chalk board with all kinds of equations on it.I don't

know if they meant anything - maybe just trying to impress people?

He told me that he could build me a hot 1200 engine - for $10,000!

What Is The Meaning Of The Number 510 In Numerology?

The number 510 is centered largely around the vibrations of optimism, confidence, new beginnings, and personal freedom. The number 510 brings great energy and is a sign that our efforts will help us achieve progress.

Numerology is an ancient metaphysical art based on the study of numbers to derive meaning. In numerology, all numbers are broken down to their single digits, and each digit’s relationship to one another is deeply explored.

Therefore, to find the numerological meaning of the number 510, we must look at the specific attributes of the numbers 5, 1, and 0.

Number 5

Number 5 has one of the happiest vibrations there is. The attributes of number 5 are positive energy, abundance, happiness, and joy.

In many cultures and practices around the world, 5 has historically been considered to be the number of elements in the Universe, those being earth, air, water, fire, and ether. There are also often 5 petals on a flower.

Number 1

For those who like to win or take the lead, number 1 is a really positive number to see. The attributes of number 1 are personal power, destiny, responsibility, confidence, and progress.

It’s the very first number, and therefore, it carries the energies of leadership, new beginnings, and new opportunities for future projects in life.

The number 1 teaches us not to be afraid of being true to who we are and to trust in the abilities that God gave us. It urges us to stand up for our beliefs without fear and to take initiative in life to follow our hearts’ desires.

Number 0

The number 0 has always been a philosophical number. It asks us to look beyond yet also see what came before.

Whereas the number 1 is forward-facing and focused on the future, the number 0 reminds us not to forget our journey.

0 gives the gift of consideration and intuition, and it highlights our relationship with all things unseen, such as our dreams and the divine realm. It also reminds us to have confidence in both our dreams and the guidance of our angels.

Now you know, on a metaphysical level, why 510s are so damn AWESOME!.

Edited by paradime
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

My bar in in the old part of town a block from the river.  We get critters in there from time to time.  Last week, I found out someone had been dining on my tortilla shells.  I moved the unmolested ones to a container, only to find it chewed thru and two more packs munched on.  So I set out my traps.  They are catch and release.  I baited them with tortilla shells instead of peanut butter.  Caught one the first night.  

So I put him in the truck.  We release all we catch over by some of the retention ponds on the other side of the levee.  I pulled over and walked to the edge of some trees.  I told senior rat good luck and opened the door.  He went sprinting off to the next chapter of his life.  Then a hawk came down, grabbed him and flew off.  I laughed way to hard.

So now I wonder if this hawk gets a boner every time we pull up.....

edit: I will be filming all releases from now on.

Edited by bilzbobaggins
  • Haha 3
On 12/27/2022 at 9:28 PM, datzenmike said:

Dare to be different. I like to sit through the closing credits of a good movie till the theater is empty. Isles, halls and parking lot are empty. Everybody that is in a rush to leave if asked why would say because they want to beat the rush to leave so they can sit in their car in the jammed parking lot.   

Sometimes there's a nice little bonus. For example the closing credits to Hot Shots has several tasty recipes scattered throughout. 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, angliagt said:

Also "Airplane!"

If I remember that one (or maybe it's also Hot Shots) says near the end of the credits "If you'd left at the beginning of the credits you'd be home now"

• Like 1

^^^^ Supposed to be love potions around here pal.

EDIT: Then the next day, the post mysteriously disappeared. (01/22/23)

Edited by KELMO