Daily Randomness.........Back to Randomness........................................

21 hours ago, angliagt said:

There's an auto repair shop here in Roanoke that has a lot of

old cars on the property,& some in a fenced off area.There's no fence

around the rest of the property,& a sin that says "NO TRESPASSING-

AFTER HOURS".There was a Honda Insight out front that I was curious

about,& I went to inquire about it.(When's the last time you saw one?).

I parked the Celica in front,& walked up to the building,& all three

bay doors were closed,so I went to the office door,which was locked,so

I knocked on the door,& no one answered.

I then went & looked at some of the cars on the unfenced part of

the property,& about then two guys came out,the older guy started 

yelling at me,asking what I was doing.I told him that I first tried to find

someone,& then knocked on the door & got no answer.

Then he got irate with me,saying "THIS ISN'T A MUSEUM!",and

"There's a phone number on the side of the building - you need to call

that number first".I replied to him "You're obviously not a Car Guy",& then

went back to the car & left.

If this hadn't been an auto repair shop,or if they had signs posted

(other than the "After Hours" one,I wouldn't have even gone on the property

in the first place.

Oh yeah,they also had a '64 Galaxie,& a '78 F150 for sale out front.Ironicly,

the name of the business was "Christian Auto Repair" with the Christian fish logo.             

A first gen Insight?   Looks like a cockroach?

• Replies 25.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• VFR800

• datzenmike

• q-tip

• hobospyder

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 2/22/2023 at 9:25 PM, angliagt said:

the name of the business was "Christian Auto Repair" with the Christian fish logo.             

I have two guiding principles in my life when doing any kind of business: 1. Look for "Veteran Owned" and do business with them. 2. Avoid contact with any business using a crucifix or overt religious iconography in their advertising or logos because they are probably seeking to fleece the flock of Jesus rather than conduct trade by His philosophy. 

• Like 3
22 hours ago, a.d._510_n_ok said:

I have two guiding principles in my life when doing any kind of business: 1. Look for "Veteran Owned" and do business with them. 2. Avoid contact with any business using a crucifix or overt religious iconography in their advertising or logos because they are probably seeking to fleece the flock of Jesus rather than conduct trade by His philosophy. 

There is a small used car lot in Stanwood, WA. Mission Motors. I stopped in one day to look at an old can hambed type travel trailer. Those guys are a bunch of douche bags! They were talking about donating a percentage of the sale to local food banks and such. I grew up in Stanwood and started asking around. These guys sell shit cars for the most part. Katrina type flooded cars. Buyer beware!!!

Edited by ratpatrol66
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Snow - in California? - I don't believe it.

Where I lived (Eureka) they got the biggest snowfall

in 38 years.Highway 101 is shut down in a few places,

& there's snow on the coastline.

And they're also getting a lot near LA - weird.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, angliagt said:

YARN | End times, huh? Ready for the rapture. | The Sopranos (1999) -  S06E20 Drama | Video gifs by quotes | 39d4e29d | 紗

One day closer to Jesus....

• Like 1
1 hour ago, angliagt said:

Haven't you heard of global warming ? Never mind,when it's colder than usual they call it climate change.I have a picture somewhere of my grandparents house in La Mesa,California of snow around the swimming pool deck.It was taken in 1963.

• Like 1

The overall increase in global temperatures inputs more energy into the system. This causes wild swings in the local weather. I get it. Does it 'feel' warmer? probably not.

On the Pacific coast we are governed by El Nino/ La Nina years. Right now we are in a 2-3 year long La Nina with damper cooler weather in the north Pacific and drier in the south like California. This should turn into an El Nino this summer/fall they think. This will bring warmer summer and winter in the north and wetter in the southern states.

2 hours ago, john510 said:

Haven't you heard of global warming ? Never mind,when it's colder than usual they call it climate change.I have a picture somewhere of my grandparents house in La Mesa,California of snow around the swimming pool deck.It was taken in 1963.

And it was almost 80 here two days ago.

38 & raining today.

When I was a kid I participated in a youth sailing program. If the wind died we started " bailer fights". You scoop water up in your bailing bucket and start slinging at the kids in other boats. There was always some evil little bastard at the edge of the fleet hunched over his bucket with an evil grin filling his bailer with a "special load". I  always wondered if those kids grew up to be politicians, CEOs or are now in prison?

Norm Treen. Was a fascinating neighborhood kid who organized other kids into ranks with sargents and privates. Got his mom to make arm bands for rank insignia and we had sticks for swords and guns. We had mock battles through the back yards. You had to 'earn' your way in and he made you really want to belong. He had with boundless enthusiasm and imagination and was a master at organization and invention turning fantasy into reality at 11? Always wondered where he went in life.

• Like 1
22 hours ago, angliagt said:

It’s gonna be 82 in New Orleans La and 79 here in McComb Ms crazy kinda but I’m glad because I’m able to give the cars a drive today and tomorrow. Y’all be safe out there.

19 hours ago, datzenmike said:

We used to piss in them and chase each other around.

Out in the country when we where little they would give us some old empty dish washing liquid bottles to fill up with water and we would squirt each other playing on a hot day.

• Like 1