Where did your Datsun take you today?

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

mine took me to drop off the first load of stuff at the first house I ever owned in my life.

20160120_134709.jpg

long story short, according to the abstract this place had $185k worth of mortgages (helped get the old bank president good and fired) and a $35k master suite 2008 addition when the bank foreclosed on it. front is 1940 and the back is brand new. the new bank president and I graduated high school together, I had a chunk of profit sharing and......

Cool ,, i thought you were an older dude, and would have already purchased at least one house already.  Or did you just not want to own before now?

• Like 1

Cool ,, i thought you were an older dude, and would have already purchased at least one house already.  Or did you just not want to own before now?

yeah, mid 40s. I'm almost as embarrassed as I am happy. I spent a decade as a soldier, cared not a fuck about my credit, finally got the credit good, put escrow on a house, ex backed out (found out later she didn't want to move too far away from her boyfriend), divorce, re-marriage, spine surgery and then - finally, bought a home. For cash, thanks to the neck surgery ironically. Not an FML BTW, just weird how shit worked out :).

• Like 2

My Datsun took me around the block twice for the first time in way to long of a time. Woulda done more but rear wheel cylinder blew.

I agree. It's awesome...... but.. then you spend all your time fixing the fucking thing. It's like a wooden Datsun.

I woke the gf up laughing at this. It's the funniest thing I've heard in some time. Thank you

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Stanley and I took my mom to run errands around town. We found ourselves in Brentwood where he received many props and onlookers. Then we had lunch. Look how tiny he is to the other cars! And yes, I parked far away like they had cooties on purpose.

60A31FF8-BE88-45EA-B08D-5A7402F937AB_zps

DA267B57-F03E-4A63-8F80-3C3B5D1ED944_zps

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Uh, is that gas...?

I had the same problem with our Cortina wagon,until I put a locking 

gas cap on it.Found out that I needed to twist it a little more clockwise.

They also don't work with the newer "recovery" gas nozzles.I ended up

putting a piece of rubber hose over the end of the nozzle,& no more leaking. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I drove the 610 down to Lancaster DMV to do the vin verification and get my tags. Then afterwards I stopped by the guys house that I got it from, he wasn't home. It's funny because as I drove up to the house I realized this was the first time in 30 years that the car had been driven up to this house.

image_46.jpeg

• Like 2