Where did your Datsun take you today?

first here to the bre lunch IMG_20160930_111110603_zps3tua9lhx.jpg

then to williams AZ car show 

IMG_20161001_114406924_zpsxdo5wzyo.jpg

got this there

IMG_20161001_204543273_HDR_zpsujw9wcju.jthen here 

the Grand Canyon 

wow what a view IMG_20161002_100859641_HDR_zpshjjrehxf.jIMG_20161002_111435360_zpsbfety48c.jpgIMG_20161002_112117533_zpsspigczqe.jpg

then here 

IMG_20161002_174817804_HDR_zpslt2reqae.j

1578 miles over the last few days it was a blast 

• Like 7
  • Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

20161004_160718.jpg

mine took me to a friend's salvage yard. I have been needing top rail to add on to the existing four foot chain link that was here when we moved into the place. got multiple friends with pick-ups who are out of work and "sure could use some money!" but wives, girlfriends, fishing, shooting, "gonna get drunk" keeps them busy so I couldn't get them to do it + local home improvement shops want to charge $45 if they deliver a single twenty-foot piece.

on a whim I called a friend with a salvage yard who never gets rid of anything to see if he had any chain link stuff- "yeah, I got a few piles of it! you're welcome to dig through it!".

I drove my Datsun 1/2 mile into the faaaar side of his yard via a cow trail with chug holes as big as my car. after about an hour of searching the piles and cutting off the distorted bits with a hacksaw my tape measure said I had enough to do the job. I strapped the longest ones to the roof rack, tucked the shorter ones inside (along with enough tension bars) and went to see what my damage was. dude didn't charge me a dime. I've listed a few old cars on different websites for him over the years so he always does me pretty decent.

• Like 4

Took my 710 the long way to work on the holiday Monday to file last weeks time sheet and drop off some garbage. It was sunny and cool/mild and there was the fall colors such as they are out here. Bike today but have to catch a 6 AM ferry tomorrow so will probably drive it again tomorrow. Love driving my Datsun. 

• 2 weeks later...

Today my Datsun took me to work for the first time in months!

6E55CAA8-C4A7-4C2A-A717-29FFFBE6963D_zps

I got off early so drove the long way home through west Marin and Sonoma counties.  I had to keep it chill due to the new engine but it was a pretty nice drive. :D

Tomales Bay in the background:

44DB4AF7-3ADE-45F1-9B26-F521DFDD3920_zps

• Like 5
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Doesn't look like anyone has posted in here in a loooong time. So Tuesday I got Stanley out of jail (mechanic's shop) and took him for a drive up to Malibu yesterday with my husband testing out the new a/c. It ran great! ...until the belt started to seize. Sooo he's going back into the shop tomorrow. But I'm happy to say it was working for quite some time and it was amazing having air for the first time in nearly 29 years of ownership. He was also getting props along the drive. Chatted with a couple (cause LA traffic don't be moving) that had owned a Datsun and they asked how long I'd been restoring. I gave them some of the low down. It's was a beautiful day for a drive. Stopped at Spruzzo near Zuma beach and had lunch.

2WrnQk9.jpg

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...