Where did your Datsun take you today?

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...

Last night and this afternoon to WallMart to get what I couldn't. Took the long way home, turned it up and watched the rear view mirror shake.

Oh yeah. Two years ago maybe three I swapped an '02 100a Altima alternator into my 710. Had to convert it from external voltage regulator. Just before Canby this year I installed a volt meter and on the trip down I noticed the alt not charging part way down. A few hours and starts later it was fine, then it wasn't gain. Anyway for the whole trip it was not working 4 out of 5 starts but always eventually charged and as you can drive all day on a charged battery I kept Going. HRH (what a guy) lent me a spare alternator just in case but never needed it and drove the 2-3 thousand miles and home. I have noticed that at home it shows charging more than not charging when starting it up and the only difference is the car sits all week and I run it maybe once on the week end. So the alternator has trouble starting to charge if the car has been charging for hours and I shut it off for gas. But if it sits all week maybe the battery is low and it charges right away.

Well I was reading up on internal alternator conversions and went out and checked.... There is no charge light with the key on. How the hell have I not seen this in three years??? Is it because it always charges eventually and there has never been a bad start? Yes I miss wired the two wires to the plug on the alternator. The sense wire for the charge lamp was on the field position.... so no lamp but when needed it did manage to charge. Swap the two wires and charge lamp lights up and 3 out of 3 (so far) starts it charges!!!!  

• 2 weeks later...

Worked on my tan 521 last night by gathering up my leaf springs and u bolts/shock absorber plate, and removed the front bed towards cab panel since p.o. took cutting torch and cut out bed floor, so only thing left good is bedsides

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Today we took a joyride down Sunset Blvd. Love watching fools come speeding up from behind, moving around me only to slam on brakes when they see the cop I was driving behind. Dumb asses. Here's a couple of action shots.

A8AB80DA-504E-4AFC-AAB2-C03D4F3A6076_zps

EFB0CC90-EFE4-48D3-B14E-630BAC97028A_zps

It was a beautiful day out there.

• Like 3
  • 3 weeks later...

mine took me to drop off the first load of stuff at the first house I ever owned in my life.

20160120_134709.jpg

long story short, according to the abstract this place had $185k worth of mortgages (helped get the old bank president good and fired) and a $35k master suite 2008 addition when the bank foreclosed on it. front is 1940 and the back is brand new. the new bank president and I graduated high school together, I had a chunk of profit sharing and......

• Like 6