Where did your Datsun take you today?

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Again they went no were, I have to stop taking the cars apart. At least take only one apart at a time, that would probably be wise.

The B is getting a tranny transfer and while I was under there noticed a cracked brake hose....Now it will sit until all brake hoses are done. The F10 coupe and sport wagon are both getting complete brake over hauls. The F10 sport coupe is also having its manifolds cleaned up and the studs drilled out. The F10 Sport wagon is also getting a new carpet. I am hoping next week the F10 coupe will take me for a ride around beautiful Black lake (around the bottom, if you are familiar).

The son's Datsun 720 brought him over today for a hick up repair (stalled at all stops). We put in new spark plugs and timed her. Checked the idle circuit on the Weber and their found the culprit, a disintegrating o-ring on the primary idle screw. One new o-ring later it drove off into the sunset happy.

Here is what the Datsuns are looking at all day

Emsnight044.jpg

The B just chillen

B210Parts081.jpg

No pictures, I forgot, sorry.

Last Sunday, I took advantage of my church's Saturday Easter service, and freed up Sunday.

I had a free voucher given to me for Mt Hood Meadows a snow ski area.  A 135 mile round trip, longest so far, and no problems.

Because of that, and some running around before, and after, the mountain, I had to put gas in Ratsun last week again.

227 miles on that last tank of gas, 8.938 gallons to fill Ratsun, and the gas attendant spilled a bit.  25.44 MPG.

• Like 1

This weekend it took me to Nismo Fiesta in San Marcos, TX.  It was about a 5 hr drive each way with stops and traffic.  I had a blast! Unfortunately, it's back to work time now.  Next year, I'll bring more Datsuns.  

10153279_667396963334163_190435353833998

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So today Stanley and I went to Super Car Sunday as a meeting point for a fun run but since LA people suck ass and can only bitch about not having a fun run instead of actually showing up to one it was just me and hang_510 for this cruise. Still was a great run nonetheless. Lots of curves and great scenery.

DSCN1957_sm_zps23101d75.jpg

DSCN1961_sm_zps4e542f7f.jpg

DSCN1958_sm_zps80ecb474.jpg

DSCN1960_sm_zpsa8b422ef.jpg

• Like 3

I drove my 710 to work to finish my time card and dump the garbage in the bin. After I drove north a few miles and dropped in on an old friend. We met winter of '72 gawd, that's way over 40 years ago! He's maybe 5 years younger than me but led a rougher life style and it's really beginning to show. Had a good visit and he gave me a Hardbody alternator. Took my time driving home.

Last Friday evening visited our retired LS, Rick for a bar-b-q. It was by invitation and you had to be 50 or older, employee or retired and there were six of us. Blah blah blah. After dark I headed back home up the highway and ran into a drinking/driving check point. I had a nice long slow approach with casual down shifts in my 710 and idled up to a stop. Someone behind said 'Ohhh, a classic', so that was funny. Another stuck his head right in behind the steering wheel (to smell for booze) I was soon on my way. Half throttle so that each gear was long and drawn out with fast shifts.

Hi I'm from San Diego and I drove my 1970 521 from San Diego - Norco, CA - Los Angeles and back to San Diego.

Last night I went to the bank and withdrew money to go buy some Firestone white wall tires from this guy in Norco, CA. He bought a T bucket project and he didn't like the wheels so I bought them from him. The tires weren't used and just sat for awhile. Then after an hour chatting with him I drive from Norco, CA to downtown Los Angeles to buy a passenger door, two wing windows and a transmission then drive back to San Diego. I left SD 4pm with an empty truck and I got back 3AM with lots of goodies!