Where did your Datsun take you today?

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

datsunchip.jpg

mine took me to work on September 11, 2012 where a leadman with a bad attitude mowed the three blades of grass in the gravel next to employee parking with a riding mower aimed at our cars. I noticed the above crack on the drive home that evening and had him write up an incident report and windshield claim the following morning. I work in a ready-mix concrete facility so we deal with glass claims constantly......usually not in our parking lot and on our own vehicles though.

anyway, company policy states that such a claim must be submitted to our safety department within 24 hours. yesterday (10 days later) my area manager called me in to ask if there had been an incident involving my Datsun's windshield. I located the well-hidden incident report and handed it to him without a word. the dude turned red and I asked why he was just seeing it now. I shrugged and said, "talk to your leadman".

I will most likely get a new windshield but it still ticks me off. I have twelve years in mixer trucks and have never had my POV windshield cracked. the lead man was pissed because he's been putting applications at different jobs all over town and bitching about how much he hates the place so he was told to train a replacement batchman.......guess who they picked??? yep. me. two days later my Dat caught a face full of inch and a half gravel and a windshield that had survived 32 years of Oklahoma hail and gravel roads bit the dust.

took my first long trip in my 240. the drive was awesome. 400 miles round trip to the dalles oregon and back. weaved in and out of a caravan of gti v dubs on northbound 5 that where coming back from watershed i think. great trip exempt for the last 5 minutes when by baby girl got carsick. she barfed a gallon and a half of baby formula and baby snacks all over herself. which then leaked out of her car seat into the seats. pretty bad stuff too. i cleaned her up and made the rest of the drive with my head out the window gagging from the smell of rancid milk. called the wife and had her meet me at the driveway to pull little bug and the car seat out. as she lifted them both out there was a deluge of vomit coming out the bottom of her car seat. i spent the next hour with an upholstery cleaner the neighbor was kind enough to bring over after watching the show. got the seat bottom all cleaned.... problem now is the seat doesn't match the rest of the interior. guess i gotta use the upholstery cleaner on the rest of the car to get it back to matching.

This is a picture of Ratsun, one of my project trucks.

RatsunWithWood.jpg

Ratsun has been put to work around my ranch. It has not been registered yet, so no on road use, but I can drive Ratsun on my property. Ratsun has a bunch of fence building stuff in it, and so today, Ratsun took fence repair tools out to a fence I am working on.