Where did your Datsun take you today?

Today was the first time my 80 720 had been driven in three weeks. Went to daughter's high school to pick her up, getting looks from the kids, and that is impressive. Her school is mostly rich kids, I call it Beverly Hills high! But kids seem to like old school JDM rides. Then back home and loaded up for a trip to the garbage dump.

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The word manzanita is the Spanish diminutive of manzana (apple). A literal translation would be little apple. The name manzanita is also sometimes used to refer to species in the related genus Arbutus, which is known by that name in the Canadian area of the tree's range, but is more usually known as madroño, or madrone in the United States.

True, they're all over Washington State. We know them as Madrona Trees, which is also known as Arbutus. Very beautiful trees. The wood is hard as hell too....

It was my girlfriends' 30th birthday monday and also our two year anniversary so I packed up the toolbox, got some good AAA tow insurance (i've wanted a membership for twenty years, i feel like a grown-up now!) and we hit the road to the coast for a couple of days. We went down highway 199 from Grants Pass through the redwoods into Crescent city California and then up the Pacific Coast Highway. We ended up driving about 400 miles. Fun times! The best part is that the whole coast was deserted because school just started and the tourist season is over. We got a motel 300 yards from the beach for $58 a night (crazy cheap), and we had all of the restaurants and trails to ourselves.

I'm not hating on california, i just kinda don't like the place. You have to drive into cali to get to the oregon beach from where i live. It is pretty there, though.

DSCF4444.jpg

see what i mean? The cheapest gas in town... crescent city.

DSCF4569.jpg

small car big tree

DSCF4567.jpg

bad lighting for the photos but it works.

DSCF4502.jpg

Harris beach state park, Oregon.

DSCF4531.jpg

DSCF4529.jpg

After every long hike, Mr.B was there waiting to take us to another adventure, and it ran perfect the whole time.

DSCF4557.jpg

Driving through the redwoods was super fun, especially when i was trying to catch up to an old timer hauling ass in a cool old celica (will post in sightings).

DSCF4579.jpg

• Like 1

Looks like a fun trip and a great idea for a birthday/anniversary! I recently took a road trip from Seattle down to S.F to pick up the inventory of bankrupt neon plant and cut out to 101 the same place you did, the drive was nice but Crescent city was um... interesting & the motel we crashed at had to be the nastiest I have ever stayed at! Wish I could have taken my dime on the trip but it doesn't hold much ;)

I'm not hating on california, i just kinda don't like the place. You have to drive into cali to get to the oregon beach from where i live. It is pretty there, though.

I LOVE Cali...Endless outdoor activities year round and the scenery is priceless....it's the people that make it suck!! :rofl:

.....in the bay area anyway.

Looks like a fun trip and a great idea for a birthday/anniversary! I recently took a road trip from Seattle down to S.F to pick up the inventory of bankrupt neon plant and cut out to 101 the same place you did, the drive was nice but Crescent city was um... interesting & the motel we crashed at had to be the nastiest I have ever stayed at! Wish I could have taken my dime on the trip but it doesn't hold much ;)

haha yeah crescent city seemed kinda beat down. When we first pulled in i stopped a a grocery store. I glanced over at a guy in the parking lot and he looked at me and yelled "fuck you!!!". he was tweaked out and toothless, and there were a lot of guys just like him milling around the parking lot. We ended up getting a room in brookings oregon. The oregon coast is really nice but some of the towns do have a tendency to be a bit "methy". I guess folks get bored out there. But the parks and beaches are really amazing. I love driving up the 101, i have driven it from northern california up into washington before.

I LOVE Cali...Endless outdoor activities year round and the scenery is priceless....it's the people that make it suck!! :rofl:

.....in the bay area anyway.

yeah man i LOVE the nature in California.

you have to remember, i am an oregonian, you guys keep sending your biggest assholes up here to live with us!

No offense to California.

Bitch wont let me slide in and ride her, even after i got her new shoes...

Havnt driven the Z in a few months, no insurance, tags expired, (most the money i make go to booze, projects, road trips and stupid shit that has no absolute purpose or importance ...dont judge me :sleep: ).... Thought a few quick laps around the neighborhood to get the fuilds moving could do her good..reconnected the battery, air'd up the leaky rims, slid in, fired her up, got her nice and warm then pulled out... Giggity... rolled a few feet and felt like I ran over my neighbors cat, grabbed my phone so i can take a picture, but no cat... instead found this..

IMAG0794_zpse000bf5c.jpg

ended up ripping that tire off and mounting a spare i had laying around.

Starter Fluid, lighter, compressed air, done..

Mounted the wheel back on, started the car again, went for the e-brake, and she dies, out of fuel...

no gas can to be found, shit out of luck...

IMAG0768_zpsdd4e27a8.jpg

I guess you can say, My Datsun took me 8ft down my driveway..

ChrisandSarahwedding143Large_zps3daec062.jpg

To the Mt Washington ski lodge Saturday for my son's wedding reception and again Sunday morning for brunch.

Took the chair to the top, only about 5K feet.

ChrisandSarahwedding112Large_zps7761d97f.jpg

ChrisandSarahwedding113Large_zps1bd3cc0f.jpg

Over in the park is a fire that been burning for weeks. Too hard to fight and not worth it but being monitored very carefully. It's being left alone as this is nature's way for renewal of the forest.

ChrisandSarahwedding121Large_zpsc7dc7f65.jpg

• Like 1