Sightings

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for the reference. I wonder if Datsun gave that car to him as part of compensation for the ad. It was LHD and didn't look like it had been driven much, just kept polished. The car is sitting pretty high like it might not have an engine in it and the rear tires look too tall as too level it out.

He could paint realism too. "Basket of Bread" is cool.

• Like 1

Dalí didn't drive but his wife or his chaufer did all the driving for him. He did have a love of cars. He was gifted a 180B wagon in orange (my fav color) for the painting which is exhibited in the courtyard of Púbol Castle. It was a rare sighting in those days in Spain. The vehicle was used by Dalí's service to go to make orders and remained for many years closed in a barn until the Fundació Gala i Salvador Dalí bought it and restored it.

The commerical is just as weird as Dalí.

Edited by Cleopatra Jones
  • Like 3

I've driven Datsuns, 620 and 710 across country for days. Even 18-20 hours at a stretch things do get surreal. In Minnesota at 2 AM a wolf ran across the road in front of me, stopped and watched me pass. Hungry Like the Wolf by Duran Duran was playing. I shit you not. If I was hallucinating well, that's surreal too.

• Haha 2
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/19/2023 at 8:50 AM, six2ohyea said:

Saw this on FB. A 620 car? 

Yes, this was a thing in other markets. Mostly South America, which is likely where that is from. 

And it's still technically a truck, it just has a full size back seat. 

Datsun_620_622.JPG

Edited by datsunfreak
  • Like 2