Sightings

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 7/4/2021 at 1:34 PM, graveltrapp said:

So what is the attachment here? The .heic file extension isn't something I've seen before, none of my devices recognize it.

4 hours ago, Racer X 69 said:

So what is the attachment here? The .heic file extension isn't something I've seen before, none of my devices recognize it.

same here.  

On 7/6/2021 at 7:42 AM, 420n620 said:

same here.  

On 7/6/2021 at 3:18 AM, Racer X 69 said:

https://macpaw.com/how-to/what-is-heic-file

Apple thing. I converted to JPG and downsized to fit the forum.

0EDEE0CE-E647-4814-96C0-268BDAC95F67.jpg.c563c64cfac4861dae59aa372c76d21a.jpg

Edited by Dguy210
  • Like 4
10 hours ago, Dguy210 said:

https://macpaw.com/how-to/what-is-heic-file

Apple thing. I converted to JPG and downsized to fit the forum.

0EDEE0CE-E647-4814-96C0-268BDAC95F67.jpg.c563c64cfac4861dae59aa372c76d21a.jpg

Funny that my iPhone didn't deal with it.

What is going on in the background there? Is another development going in?

• Like 3

I shot these a few years ago at Pacific Raceways. Hadn't been there for a while and was surprised to see they built homes right outside the fence between turn 7 and 8. Who would buy a house situated like this? Racers maybe. But I bet the proles that bought these places aren't racers, and will complain constantly about the noise.

41879434010_17327eaea4_5k.jpgWhy? by Racer, on Flickr

28796770637_7cb87fa794_5k.jpgMazda Miata by Racer, on Flickr

28798008067_0065968697_4k.jpgMG by Racer, on Flickr

Edited by Racer X 69
  • Like 3

All the construction in the background is for a new motorsports business park, race related businesses, garage bays, storage and the like. I think they are moving pretty slow with it, I haven't seen much progress since Covid. 

Both the 510's were cool in there own way, but the solid white one was completely pimped out and tastefully done without any corners being cut, Beautiful interior. The blue and white was definitely a rat, but still rad and most importantly being driven and obviously loved by there owners

IMG_9684.thumb.jpeg.58ff6d71bb7ccf68f699fbd010ab1d6c.jpeg

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, graveltrapp said:

All the construction in the background is for a new motorsports business park, race related businesses, garage bays, storage and the like. I think they are moving pretty slow with it, I haven't seen much progress since Covid. 

Finally.

That has been in the works since the Fiorito family took management of the raceways back from Jim Rockstadt over 15 years ago.

• Like 2

I raced there in '81 (Ford Fiesta Showroom Stock C).They let me run in GT5,

as there weren't enough cars for the ex-Archer Brothers Renault LeCar to get points,

so he paid my entry fee.

The plan was to just go out for a few easy laps,& pull off the track.Another guy

(Ken Fairly) did the same thing in GT4.Well,we both started passing a few of the back-

markers,but pulled off the track after a few laps.

The LeCar only finished 10 laps,so I could have won the class if I'd stayed out!

There's only a few places to safely pass in a slower car,& horsepower really helps.

• Like 1

Racer X 69 said  "Who would buy a house situated like this?"

Me, I would. Said the guy that has a runway +/- 500 feet from his back door.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
16 hours ago, Racer X 69 said:

Funny that my iPhone didn't deal with it.

What is going on in the background there? Is another development going in?

Nope future track development. They have a plan to move the drag strip. Road course will stay where it is.

• Like 2
16 hours ago, Racer X 69 said:

I shot these a few years ago at Pacific Raceways. Hadn't been there for a while and was surprised to see they built homes right outside the fence between turn 7 and 8. Who would buy a house situated like this? Racers maybe. But I bet the proles that bought these places aren't racers, and will complain constantly about the noise.

41879434010_17327eaea4_5k.jpgWhy? by Racer, on Flickr

28796770637_7cb87fa794_5k.jpgMazda Miata by Racer, on Flickr

28798008067_0065968697_4k.jpgMG by Racer, on Flickr

Similar thing happened at Bremerton Raceway. Bunch of houses built near the track and the whiny bitches started crying? BOO HOO you fucking cunts!!! They cut the track from 1/4 to 1/8 mile. This was mostly for insurance purposes and some what track regs.

Edited by ratpatrol66
  • Like 4
1 hour ago, ratpatrol66 said:

Nope future track development. They have a plan to move the drag strip. Road course will stay where it is.

When the Fiorito family took the track back over Jason was road racing with SCCA and ICSCC in a GT1 car. He and I chatted at length about the future of the facility on numerous occasions. It has been awesome watching the plans play out.

I remember setting up in gravel and mud under huge fir trees, Not bad when the weather was nice, but a muddy mess in the rain.

Edited by Racer X 69
  • Like 4
On 7/10/2021 at 3:44 AM, Racer X 69 said:

I know they had that problem a good while back with the drag strip portion. Stupid fucks moved next to the track (literally in their back yards) and were fucking up events.

On 7/10/2021 at 6:43 AM, graveltrapp said:

giphy.gif

Fuck yeah! They've been talking about that for literal years! Super excited to hear the good news and progress. 

• Like 1
20 hours ago, BrothersGarage said:

I know they had that problem a good while back with the drag strip portion. Stupid fucks moved next to the track (literally in their back yards) and were fucking up events.

I attended my first drag race there in the late 1970s, 64 Funny Cars.

The first thing I noticed was all those homes with back yards right up to the fence. I thought, wow, a great place to live if you are a racer and a car guy.

A shitty place to live if you aren’t.

How stupid to develop rural property as a subdivision, right next to a drag strip and road course. Over the years I have heard lots of complaints from that dumpy community, even attended county council meetings where these idiots who purchased homes there were trying to get Seattle International Raceway closed.

These people are like the idiots who purchase a home in the flight path of an airport and then complain about the noise commercial airliners make and try to get the airport closed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
3 hours ago, Racer X 69 said:

The first thing I noticed was all those homes with back yards right up to the fence. I thought, wow, a great place to live if you are a racer and a car guy.

How stupid to develop rural property as a subdivision, right next to a drag strip and road course. Over the years I have heard lots of complaints from that dumpy community, even attended county council meetings where these idiots who purchased homes there were trying to get Seattle International Raceway closed.

These people are like the idiots who purchase a home in the flight path of an airport and then complain about the noise commercial airliners make and try to get the airport closed.

giphy.gif

And fuck'em for messing with old SIR. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
6 minutes ago, BrothersGarage said:

giphy.gif

And fuck'em for messing with old SIR. 

The track opened in the late 1950s as Pacific Raceways. In the late 1960s Jim Rockstad took over management of the facility and changed the name to Seattle International Raceway. 

When the Fiorito family took management back about 15 or 20 years ago, they went back to the original name.

• Like 2

When I raced the Fiesta there,they had nighttime drag races.

We stayed with some friends in their motorhome at  the track.We were

a little shocked when we noticed that the shut down area was unlit.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Racer X 69 said:

What about the Fox hunt drags? I was a young teenager sporting wood!

• Like 3
8 hours ago, ratpatrol66 said:

What about the Fox hunt drags? I was a young teenager sporting wood!

At one of the Fox Hunt weekends there were so many women there the bathrooms couldn’t accommodate them all, so they took over the stalls in the men’s room too.

The guys got a lot of mileage out of all the women coming past the lines at the urinals on their way to pee.

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...