Probably a bit late but if you are a veteran and have proof of service, California waives the test. Retired ID card of discharge papers are acceptable. Small payback for 20 plus years!

Honestly the questions on the Cali test are very simple. You should be able to walk off the street and pass it.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Anyone have direct or personal experience with nitrided barrels ? I've only read the definition (I think) of the process. Bought a rifle a couple months ago with one treated from the factory (not sen't in). Am really familiar with chrome lined bores on my others just not nitrided nor do I have real *true*experience with it at all other than 60-rounds of 5.56 down the tube. I've worked so many hours lately ...in which limits my free-time.

Secondly. Got a FN PS90 first months ago, and wish I had bought the five-seven pistol first instead (had plans to get both). Mostly wondering to those who own/shot them how they like them ? I've been told by the "green in my eyes" sales,an/owner of a gun shop owner that they are fantastic while he can't keep them in stock (I had no idea I just asked to hold one). The owner is actually an alright guy he just gets carried away......business is business I suppose. Only one other guy I trust told me how much he loved his.

Caveat emptor..

My usual suggestion for new to firearms femal shooters is a revolver. If shebis going to end up with a semi auto Mlmake sure she can reliably and easily cycle the action. In the small 9mm market I would go with a kel tec or a s&w shield, or a Sig if you want to spend a little more money.

• Like 1

My usual suggestion for new to firearms femal shooters is a revolver. If shebis going to end up with a semi auto Mlmake sure she can reliably and easily cycle the action. In the small 9mm market I would go with a kel tec or a s&w shield, or a Sig if you want to spend a little more money.

She goes out and shoots with him all the time back at their place in AZ. I was looking at them for my wife and I for home defense, we will be first time gun users and owners

Was talking to my sisters BF who has a shit ton of guns and he's looking into a sccy cpx-1 cbsg 9mm for her. I looked at them as well and they don't seem too bad, any of you heard of or have an opinion on them?

My sister has an SCCY but she stopped carrying it in favor of my Diamondback .380 if I remember correctly.  I am not fond of the trigger on the SCCY.  It's not a bad gun, I just don't like its really long and... "Meh" trigger. 

My sister has an SCCY but she stopped carrying it in favor of my Diamondback .380 if I remember correctly.  I am not fond of the trigger on the SCCY.  It's not a bad gun, I just don't like its really long and... "Meh" trigger. 

Would you say it would be good in home defense?

A pic of mine.

From top to bottom

- 1944 Mosin Nagant ex-sniper (had the scope holes welded over and scope numbers ground off after the war)

- 1917 "American" Mosin Nagant (Made by Remington on a Russian contract, half made it to Russia before their revolution. This one actually has Finnish capture marks on it.)

- 1942 SVT-40 (nothing too exotic or strange about this one, just a cool semi auto WWII gun)

- Custom .308 Savage TR. Vortex Viper scope, nightforce mount/rings. Shoots 2-3" groups at 600 meters.

20151223_110717.jpg

As you can tell like my old military rifles and long range shooting. Had the 44 Mosin and SVT out to 600 meters as well and both could easily hit a 12" steel plate 4/5 shots. Pretty cool that something so old with so much history can still be that effective.

• Like 5

My oldest turns 6 at the end of December and I've been looking for a small bolt action 22 for his first rifle. Both of them are already able to recite and understand the eddie eagle rules so I thought it was about time to get him one. Anyways, I ended up going to the local bulk ammo place with the two boys and the owner saw the boys and said I've got the Cricket 22 on sale for $99 (Cali runs about 130-160 or more for a 22 most places). It sized up nicely with him (unlike a couple of others I had looked at) so I bought it. Waiting period means I won't be able to pickup until a couple days after his birthday in January. I'd prefer to take him to an outside spot for his initial shooting lessons instead of the range, but I don't really know any good locations in the area.

Best comment though was when I got home and told my wife how they were on sale, her response was "why didn't you buy two then?"

AE9607A2-3BBD-49CB-BF67-34CD0C35B4BB_zps

• Like 4

I need some advice guys im looking to get an ar i dont need anything fancy just a basic rifle and some good sights (personally preffer iron sights) recomendations?

I'm not really all that familiar with AR's other than shooting them. You might also consider an SKS with a chrome lined barrel/steel receiver as well. You can put it into a bullpup later on as well (not super cheap or expensive) I'm recommending this based on the .23 cents a shot it cost to shoot currently (all foreign Slovak area supply)versus the .37-.40 cents a shot 5.56/.223 is currently. Huge exception is if Importation gets cut off.

Anything cheap will do. other then that your paying for not a whole lot more accept fancy shit. If you dont need it cheap will do.

Exactly. My Sig Sauer 556xi isn't going to be any more fun to shoot than just about any AR. Especially at the $1,300 price tag.

For sights get anything h&k based, you will love them. Most h&k sights have a round good over the front sight and a peep sight or the diopter rear sight.

Spot on. Love my H&K sights on the PTR91. I was investigating the C93 rifles and variants as well.

I need some advice guys im looking to get an ar i dont need anything fancy just a basic rifle and some good sights (personally preffer iron sights) recomendations?

Del-ton carbine, something like the DT sport, decent beginner AR. You'll want to get sights though.