• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sig & M&P my vote. No experience with Walther

I own two M&P's, a full size 40 & a 9mm Shield both are great EDC guns & zero issue with the triggers on either.  

I'm looking at the P99 and the P320 and the M&P.  All 9mm.  Anyone wanna chime in on relevant issues or reviews?  

That's a Yugo SKS, right?  What are they selling for up there?  If you don't mind me asking.

yeah its a yugo sks i picked it up for 350 

i dont plan to modify it the only thing i would ever consider doing is making it accept ak mags but i doubt ill actually do it 

• Like 1

Just picked this Walther P22 to go along with my oldest boys 22lr single shot. Not many 22lr pistols still on the roster these days. It is currently sitting out the Cali 10 day wait period now. We will probably be going to the Spenceville free outdoor range (which can be a bit sketchy) so the boy is getting my old concealable IIA body armor (from when I worked as a bouncer, I'm a bit fat for it now) and I picked up a new IIIA set.

641323_ts_zps7ac9ephh.jpg

• Like 2

yeah its a yugo sks i picked it up for 350 

i dont plan to modify it the only thing i would ever consider doing is making it accept ak mags but i doubt ill actually do it 

Sweet.  If it hadn't already happened once (or more) with the SKS, I would have bet that they might be one of the last "Assault Weapons" to face bannification.  We'll see.

Now, here's my $0.02, take it for what it is worth.  I would NOT convert it to take mags because one can carry a lot more ammo on stripper clips than magazines.  Also, stripper clips can be left loaded forever without worrying about magazine springs "taking a set."  (If that is actually a thing.  I ignore it with my Tavor's STANAG mags but it was one of the reasons I sold my 7.62x39 Saiga.  Go figure.)  And with a little practice, I'd bet charging the internal mag from a stripper clip is as fast or faster than changing mags.  (Skip to 6:45 or so in the linked video to see the two dudes simultaneously reload.  Apparently Canadia limits you to five rounds so it isn't really apples to apples but kind of makes my point.)  Oh, and stripper clips are dirt cheap compared to mags, fling them away like brass.  

I'll now address the counter argument, "But magazines hold more ammo so you won't need to reload as often."  Yes, there is that.  

Just picked this Walther P22 to go along with my oldest boys 22lr single shot. Not many 22lr pistols still on the roster these days. It is currently sitting out the Cali 10 day wait period now. We will probably be going to the Spenceville free outdoor range (which can be a bit sketchy) so the boy is getting my old concealable IIA body armor (from when I worked as a bouncer, I'm a bit fat for it now) and I picked up a new IIIA set.

Nice, I love my PPQ .45 and G22... and Bersa Thunder which is a copy of the PPK.  Good luck at that range.  Sounds like they could use an RSO or two!

• Like 1

Sweet.  If it hadn't already happened once (or more) with the SKS, I would have bet that they might be one of the last "Assault Weapons" to face bannification.  We'll see.

Now, here's my $0.02, take it for what it is worth.  I would NOT convert it to take mags because one can carry a lot more ammo on stripper clips than magazines.  Also, stripper clips can be left loaded forever without worrying about magazine springs "taking a set."  (If that is actually a thing.  I ignore it with my Tavor's STANAG mags but it was one of the reasons I sold my 7.62x39 Saiga.  Go figure.)  And with a little practice, I'd bet charging the internal mag from a stripper clip is as fast or faster than changing mags.  (Skip to 6:45 or so in the linked video to see the two dudes simultaneously reload.  Apparently Canadia limits you to five rounds so it isn't really apples to apples but kind of makes my point.)  Oh, and stripper clips are dirt cheap compared to mags, fling them away like brass.  

I'll now address the counter argument, "But magazines hold more ammo so you won't need to reload as often."  Yes, there is that.  

thats why i said maybe i wanna shoot it and see if i get the stripper clip thing down first thanks for reminding me though i just unloaded the mag for my p85 and loaded the other one so that i dont get any spring issues in the mags 

and because i want to here is my current collection my lc9 my p85 and my sks only one is missing is the high point but thats living in the blazer at the moment and i dont want to go outside 

20160118_020647_zpsiyufisom_edit_1453112

• Like 1