• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sawed off m1 carbine?

Or "pistol" legal "Destroyer" original production pistol model. Gave the FEDS a headache! Was produced and ID marked as a "pistol" so exempt from the "Rifle conversion" taboo! Almost bought one in Great Falls Montana! The IRS jumped on my local Gun Shop and he had a Major "WTF" with the IRS before they left him alone! In the mean time I ordered a a "babyLuger"repro which I finally got several years later in San Bernardono CA with serial number just serial digits illustratd later than on the covers of several Gun Magazines! Thanks to the Manufacturer they kept my original purchase request in their records and when I finally reintroudeced my new purcharase, they honered my original order and delivered my pistol in the original serialnumber order.

Goes to show that at least German [specifacally ERMA] have good customer relations organizations and good customer records!

Yeah he would, it looks like the whole thing butterflies open for changing mags.

Edit: no it doesnt you idiot they are loaded with a stripper clip from the top.

The machine pistol is loaded from the bottom of the receiver with detachable 15 round magazines. Can you immagine using stripper clips on 10 pistols, 5 of which are upside down? The Model 1896 is strictly a top loaded with stripper clips, the Model 412 can be loaded with stripper clips, but for rapid fire without loading delay was designed for primarily clip magazine replacement.

• Like 1

I need some help guys,

I lost the key to my trigger lock so I'm looking for the best way to get it off. It's a Master lock product that has a rod with teeth cut into it that are held by a spring tension stay. When the key is turned the rod rotates and the stay is disengaged.  I've heard it's not hard to pick the lock, but so far I've been unsuccessful. Maybe some tips on that is all I need, but if I had to cut it, or drill the mechanism, what would you recommend? Right now I'm thinking if I can't pick it, I should use a cut off wheel to remove the receiver. If it still doesn't release, I can drill the rod away up to the stay. My fear is that it will melt the plastic and gum up the trigger. Any thoughts, help, expertise would be greatly appreciated.

downview.jpg

keyside.jpg

receiver.jpg