Same round as the ak and you can even modify to use 30 round detachable magazines similar to ak47.

I make a mod that accepts AR magazines. I'm in the process of doing this to my SKS. 

like this

G7AR005.jpg

video of another maker.

For you Mike

• Like 3
  • Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I would blame the kushapup stock for that one, it is an ak after all and I've never heard of one doing that. Chinese mag maybe?

SMG mag for a Saiga.  Marked "Made in USA" but that might be pronounced "Oosah," the name of the island prison where the Viet Namese slave tribe, the "hand" (pronounced "hond") produce "Hand made in USA" products.

• Like 1

So y'all might remember a few weeks ago I was lamenting the fact that when shooting the Vepr, I could probably miss the broad side of a barn... from the inside.  Well, after having an "expert" laser sight it in... I still couldn't hit paper at 100 yards.  I finally took the damned scope off and tried the iron sights.  Lo and behold, my shaky, blind, flinching, fifty-year-old ass put twenty rounds of 7.62x54r into a torso sized area!  Which is good enough for me.  With that knowledge, I took the thing to the 50 yard line and tried the optic again.  No luck.  Either I'm too dumb to finger out how to use a Russian optic, the optic is garbage, or... well, I guess those are the two options.  

So, to make a short story long, the Vepr is "Iron Sights Only" for me.  Anyone want a PO 4x24 scope?  It hasn't been thrown very far.

did you bore sight it at all?

did you bore sight it at all?

The closest I will claim is the "expert" shoved a laser in the muzzle and "sighted it" across the room... lettuce say, 20 yards?  I'm not convinced, even though the Russians do it all the time, that the detachable side mount system really holds zero like they claim.  I'm not too concerned though.  As I shot "minute of bad guy" out to 100 yards with iron sights, that is good enough for me.  Besides, I've got good glass on my Mosin Nagant for longer range.

lol yeah they are hit and miss.

Iv got a cheapy scope and mount on the mosin, I made the mount solid as fuck though so itl hold zero.

The gun is accurate lol the scopes what is off still :rofl: but give it a little Kentucky windage and find your POA vs impact and itl still shoot nice groups.

mms_picture%2093_zpsrukas2qi.jpg

This is from this morning. lol dont mind the stragglers and electrical tape,

ran out of targets and had to use an old cardboard sheet from last time :rofl:

The closest I will claim is the "expert" shoved a laser in the muzzle and "sighted it" across the room... lettuce say, 20 yards?  

I have one of those in 54r and Iv found that its decent to get you in the right direction but not at all a sure thing.

most of them will point to a different spot depending on how the "round" is clocked, the laser isnt perfectly strait. 

On the mosin I had better luck pulling the bolt and actually looking down the barrel and moving the scope till I had the same sight picture.

Im no rifle expert, just what Iv done that seems to work lol I was always a pistol shooter until just this last year. messing with scopes is still new to me.

• Like 1

mms_picture%2092_zpsjg7gp4ei.jpg

I dont have an SBC anymore... lol so found a new use for this.

was cable tied to the top but there was eventually a few to many holes in the cardboard lol

mms_picture%2094_zps2r3npkib.jpg

mms_picture_1%2033_zpsr5s5tfxm.jpg

And this is why body armor plates have a thick coating of linex on them 

mms_picture_1%2032_zpsim8s4mtn.jpg

mms_picture_1%2034_zpsb6sgfswg.jpg

mms_picture_1%2031_zpsb0we7oct.jpg

Nice early chilled morning to myself.

mms_picture%2096_zpsbfn7rkfr.jpg

• Like 5

Taking the fight to ISIS? Here's a free rifle

tra-new-prod-556.png?itok=doS71ykZ

If you’re headed overseas to fight against Islamic State and Al Qaeda, then one company may have a cutting-edge rifle for you – at the cost of zero dollars.

Pflugerville, Texas-based TrackingPoint is offering 10 free M600 Service Rifles or M800 Designated Marksman Rifles to any U.S. organization that can legally bring them to the Middle East for the fight against terrorism.

"It's hard to sit back and watch what is happening over there. We want to do our part,” explained the company’s CEO John McHale, in a press release. “Ten guns doesn't sound like a lot but the dramatic leap in lethality is a great force multiplier. Those ten guns will feel like two hundred to the enemy."

“We firmly believe that the M600 SR and M800 DMR will save countless lives and enable our soldiers to dominate enemy combatants including terrorists,” he added.

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2015/11/10/taking-fight-to-isis-heres-free-rifle.html?intcmp=trending

• Like 3

I wound up selling the Kushnapup 7.62x39 Saiga at the gun show Sunday.  I was standing right in front of the gun I'd come to buy if the rifle sold and was overtaken by stupidity.  I wound up asking WAAAAAAY too little for it, but still $50.00 more than the "replacement," and the buyer whipped out the cash.  So, to make a short story long, I "traded" a bullpup AK for a Walther PPQ .45 the other day.  I've carried it with me yesterday and today with every intention of going to the range after work.  Maybe tomorrow. 

That's unfortunate, you shit the bed on that one.

Yes, I know.  But I keep telling myself, "It jammed on you, you have to disassemble the whole gun to field strip it, and where the two sides of the stock come together pinched your beard." so I can sleep at night.  Besides, I can carry way more stripper clips for the bullpup SKS than I could carry magazines for the bullpup AK.