• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I took my two Turkish .45 pistols, my .38 and .22 revolvers, and the Tavor to the range today.  The .45s and .38 were "minute of bad guy" accurate (most of that was my shaky and blind ass), but the .22 was all over the map... of course what can one expect from a 1.5" barrel mini revolver?  The Tavor shot right over the top of the target until I remembered I had moved the optic on the Picatinny rail to make room for the magnifier.  Once I gave the elevation knob a few turns down, it was also "minute of bad guy" accurate... which is good enough for me.

I really need to get crack'n on this 80%er.

The constant debate in my head is.... pistol or rifle....... pistol or rifle....... pistol or rifle..... pistol or rifle

IMG_00134.jpg

IMG_00135.jpg

You live in California, sse rules changed in 2015, so has to be rifle.

If you find a good price on a upper...

• Like 1

Long story alert!  Short version further below.

So, back in '97 when I was doing Audio/Visual installations, I had to shell out for a mobile tool box.  Pelican was what all the "Cool Kid" installers were using so I bought a 1650.  Since getting out of that side of the business in '99, the box has been sitting in the shop gathering dust.  The other day I had a thought, "If the Tavor and MVP fit in there, I could make me a 5.56 rifle kit."  A "Bug Out" kit, sort of thing.  I took all of the accumulated junk out of it, "washed" it off, and took it home.  The Tavor does just fit inside so I took the Mossberg MVP Flex, removed the stock, and test fit it.  It also just fits.  I took some measurements and went to Lowe's for supplies, two small plywood sheets, eight packs of gymnasium floor tile thingies, and some spray glue.  Back at the house I cut the plywood and foam into shapes that would drop into the case.  Once I had a stack which filled the case... I filled the case.  Yeah, that much foam and plywood was friggin' heavy!  And I hadn't even made the guns fit yet.  Yikes!  I went ahead with the project because... well, Ratsun, I guess.  I mean, what's a hernia or two when you can spend $200.00 to re-purpose something into an almost useless gun tote?  Anyhoo, I cut out the "negative space" for the guns in their individual shelves, along with a permanent bottom shelf for magazines and stuff, and glued the foam bits to the wood.  It might not be the prettiest thing, but it holds the guns, some mags, and a few accoutrements.  I took it to the shop to show off to John and he shot a few pix.  I bought his lunch so hopefully he'll post them... ok, I bought lunch because he bought parts for the van.  But still...

TLDR version: I made a "Bug Out" tote for my 5.56 rifles.  John has pictures.

• Like 1