I never gave it much thought ......... but I never knew that they operated like that.

I wonder how awkward/difficult it is to cycle by hand. 

while drawing, release the safety with your right thumb. Point the pistol in the direction of fire while holding it almost horizontal.  Grasp the two knurled knobs and start lifting them out a battery.  Meanwhile you are rotating the pistol into the vertical firing position and pressing it forward.  When you are in firing position release the knurled knobs.  Ready to fire.  Not as complicated as it sounds.  Swiss manufactured Lugers have tighter tolerances than German or British units [Yes a small number were made in England].  There are also all Stainless Steel units made in Houston Texas and sold by Mitchell's Mausers and later by Stoger.

• Like 1
  • Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"The sensor can signal that backup is needed while also creating an electronic record of when an officer shoots his or her weapon, what direction it’s facing and how many rounds are fired.

"We can provide that as forensic evidence for crime scene analysis," Schaff said. "It’s an objective source of information."

Ex-sheriff’s new gig with smart gun startup triggers ethics concerns

SANTA CRUZ, Calif.—Amid the ongoing debate over officer-involved shootings, the county sheriff’s office in this California beach town was the first law enforcement agency in the world to test new technology: a tiny sensor that records any time a deputy’s gun is fired.

Yardarm Technologies Inc., the Silicon Valley startup that makes the sensor, has had only one other testing ground so far—a small police force in Texas—which abandoned the product in January after officials decided it wasn’t a viable technology for the department.

The biggest difference between the two pilot projects? A sheriff gung ho about technology who recently retired and now advises the company.

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2015/10/ex-sheriffs-new-gig-with-smart-gun-startup-triggers-ethics-concerns/

So they're trying to recreate the judges guns?

I was going to try for some sort of mumbling Stallone-voice reply but gave up.

I read about this thing a few months ago on TTAG (http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/).  Apparently it is a little dingus you put in that empty area in the grip of a Glock.  It has motion sensors and GPS and all sorts of other delicate electronics which are supposed to live up to the rigors of being slammed around during recoil and shit... not to mention it relies on a good cell signal and an i-Phone app.  Pshyeah, good luck with all that Spanky.

• Like 1

my latest addition ruger p85 i love how these things shoot and now i finally have one 

20151010_063351_zpsyghosdib.jpg

I used to have a P-85, but sadly, it was stolen in a burglary years ago. They found it a few years later in Montana! They contacted me about getting it back and I just said they could destroy it. I didn't know what they did with it and I did not want that vibe to come to me. I replaced it with a P-89 and it has served me well. 

I picked up a NAA mini revolver in .22LR yesterday... because I'm STILL too dumb to have "extra" money on hand, apparently.  I took it and my relatively new .357 magnum Taurus to the range today.  The .357 shoots a bit low and to the left, but I was too lazy to adjust the sights and compensated.  It patterned well enough that I was happy with it.  The NAA was "minute of bad guy" out to three yards... any further and it was pure luck where the bullets hit.  I think it will be an adequate BUBUG (Backup, Backup Gun) for when TFHSOMOTSBTISSL (the-fan-has-slung-off-most-of-the-shit-but-there-is-still-some-left... sort of thing).

• Like 1