• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not to mention military style hard primers, I mainly meant to your average shooter. I'd have to be damn comfortable with my reloading skills before I trusted it to an m1 garand or m1a.

That's why primer pocket reamers were invented.  Cleans up the ridge imprinted on military primer pockets and allows full insertion of commercial primers.  Get a current Lyman or equivalent reloading manual for the details!  Lyman is the best!

That's why primer pocket reamers were invented.  Cleans up the ridge imprinted on military primer pockets and allows full insertion of commercial primers.  Get a current Lyman or equivalent reloading manual for the details!  Lyman is the best!

I was suggesting, as per the leaflet that comes with every m1a and pertains to garands as well, to use hard primers to lessen the chance of a slam fire incident. I prefer military style ammo just for the added safety. The Lyman manual seems to be favored by most readers I know.

Sharktip, kinda jelly over the Sig. I went in to buy one but the last one at my lgs sold as I walked in the door, none were available due to the 2011 run on all things 1911, I ended up with a Sig p220. It's a great gun and I love it now after a trip to the Sig custom shop and a couple tweaks I've done.

I've been wanting a 1911 since we'll, forever. The only reason I never bought on before was I got an amazing deal on my usp so I didn't see the need for another .45. Did alot of looking and the best bang for the buck I found in 1911 was the Sig, its all stainless, match barrel, novak night sights and the trigger is pretty tits. Only problem is that they have a few non standard 1911 parts.

12006314_957312807659219_746878604899388

FUCK! First glance was like, cool. Then I actually fucking looked at it. The thing is scabbed together with fucking 2X4s and shitty wood stain. If I were to put in that kind of effort, I'd not waste my time with Douglas fir. This pisses me off.

The idea though, that I like.

FUCK! First glance was like, cool. Then I actually fucking looked at it. The thing is scabbed together with fucking 2X4s and shitty wood stain. If I were to put in that kind of effort, I'd not waste my time with Douglas fir. This pisses me off.

I don't know, someone might pass right by that thinking the same thing you did, whereas something nicer (which isn't to say this isn't nice... but I have questionable taste) might draw their attention.

Kalifornia is on a constant attack of 2A Rights by the state attorney general & many senators. As I type this SB 707 is sitting on Gov Brown's desk awaiting signature. A bill that was VEHEMENTLY opposed by all law enforcement groups/agencies ........ until verbiage was changed to exclude them from the bill........ so naturally now it has their undivided support. F*cking hypocrites. Another perfect example of serve & protect each other.

Fucking California. Hopefully that doesn't spread any

• Like 1

Looks like something my Grandpa would have built. He wouldn't spent a dime if he could find a way not to. Lumber scrapes from a construction site, old shed a neighbor was tearing down, pallet. Make a stain from used motor oil or walnut husks. He ranked spending money right up there with going to the dentist.

VTR

What are the gun laws like down under

I thought that there was a no gun unless it was a hunting gun

Farmer

Gun laws here = poo

In no particual order and noting laws vary from State to State.

1. No open or concealed carry period.! Unless you are Police, licenced Security, Border Protection/Customs, Corrections or Millitary.

2. No full auto nothing (many many years in the big house for this)

3. No centrefire semi auto rifles, excepting in very rare cases i.e. Farmer in the middle of nowhere who has to cull shitloads of livestock.

4. No pump action or semi auto shotguns unless you can prove you need one (like the farmer).

5. No handguns in calibres greater than .38/9mm unless you compete in black powder or single action matches. No high capacity magazines, maximum of ten shot mags. For semi auto barrel must not be shorter than 120mm, revolver 100mm.

6. Strict range attendance and reporting requirements if you own hanguns.

7. In some States you can have certain guns on a "collectors" licence but they have to be temporarily deactivated and you are not allowed to use them. In other states, permanent deactivation. Example, in my state if I want a pump action shotgun, and I have a collectors licence I have to permanently deactivate it (render it never to be able to be fired by filling up the barrel with weld etc) If I lived 20 minutes away over the State border, same ownership scenario, i would only need to fit a trigger lock.

8. Everything must be stored in appropriate safes (this is a good thing)

This above is kind of a summary. Basically, if you own a firearm in Australia you are virtually treated like a person who is going to commit many despicable acts. Thankfully, compared to the rest of the world, mass casualty shooting incidents are relatively low here.