so somebody couldn't hog it out for you if they already have a jig and press/router ? and than say maybe start the three side holes

80LOWERG2-BLACK-jig.jpg

so all you have to do is final drill the side holes and than it be complete, so in a sense its not "complete/100%" in anyone else possession,  until you final drill complete assy.?

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Veprs are nice, I was close to ordering one when I said fuck it and ponied up for an m1a scout squad, I'm happy with the Springfield.

Those kind of build parties are illegal, you have to do all work (including setup) yourself, there's been busts in norcal on the pseudo build parties.

Ok so there Illegal, But they advertise them down here all the time and no problerms.

Ray if you want to shoot for cheap dont get a Springfield that is a .308 and rounds cost more, I should know I have a National match I guess I ponied up to for it, wait I walked out with a NEMO OMEN 2.0 the same day never mind.

I'm not saying to go .308 for volume shooting, matter of fact I don't enjoy shooting high numbers from the scout squad, the California muzzle device is awesome for control but is very loud on an 18'' barrel. For extended range time, I love a mini 14, cheap and tough as nails. I may be in the minority but I get annoyed by the hollow thwang sound of an AR after a while. On the 91/30 front, I love the timney trigger, that and a shimmed composite stock make it more liveable. Now to do something about shitty sights and it'll be perfect. I got lucky on a big 5 purchase, it's the smoothest Mosin Nagant I know of.

I'm with you on the sound of an ar, but part of that is the buffer tube you're using. I had a colt match target carbine (I know wtf a 16" barreled match target gun?) That had the rifle length buffer tube and spring. It shit great but made this aweful pwang sound right in you ear every time you pulled the trigger.

so somebody couldn't hog it out for you if they already have a jig and press/router ? and than say maybe start the three side holes

80LOWERG2-BLACK-jig.jpg

so all you have to do is final drill the side holes and than it be complete, so in a sense its not "complete/100%" in anyone else possession,  until you final drill complete assy.?

No.

In order for it to be a legal deal. You have to perform all remaining work beyond the 80%

You can do it. It's just not as easy as some claim it to be. Visit AR15.com for tons of step by step info.

You can always get a polymer 80% lower. All you need is an x y vise on a drill press and a hand drill. They're surprisingly robust, we shot the shitty out of my brothers with zero issues. The lower came with a one use jig and all end mills and bits needed to complete. It took me less than an hour to complete.

Took my guns to the range last night.  Breaking in the AR and dialing in the red dot.  Custom built with JD lower, CRRG parts kit, Daniel Defense V4 upper, Bushness Trs-25 red dot, magpul stock, handle and pro flip up iron sights.  This thing was fucking awesome to shoot.  Glock is 40. with storm lake 9mm barrel for the range.  40. barrel for home nest to bed  :fu:

303AB267-0725-4858-A780-EDF14E2F7117_zps

94B26592-2D51-46A4-9F5F-B8477D9F1E84_zps

Before dialing the red dot in at all  :hyper:

D6F8EDE2-3BB7-4C46-B0C3-60AAD96E5300_zps

• Like 1

Where are you still getting it that cheap!? Last can I bought was $110

I just bought a crate, two 440 round "Spam Cans," for $245.00 and thought I was doing pretty well.  He was asking $135.00 per SC at the last gun show.  I don't remember what others were charging but this guy is right down the street from where I "work"

And the saga of "Dimlight65 is too stupid for his own good" continues.  At a gun show some months ago I discovered a gun I wanted... I just didn't know I wanted it.  I was thinking, "Hey, a bolt action rifle in .223/5.56x45 would be kind of cool." and began "shopping" for... something like that.  When I came across the Mossberg MVP line, and learned they use STANAG magazines, I knew that was the rifle I wanted.  Then I saw the FLEX system with the pistol grip and adjustable buttstock.  Yeah, I really wanted that.  Then I saw that it was available in FDE and I thought, "If I had one of those, I could finally use that FDE magazine I won't put in my black Tavor!"  I began shopping for one... to no avail.  All I could find was black.  I held off buying one.  Then the other day I decided to shop again using a different search term and found one... for about $200.00 LESS than I was going to spend on the black version!  The only thing it doesn't have which I wanted was the threaded barrel and flash hider... but the other items were there in spades.  I sent in the "SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!" e-mail and hopefully it will be on its way to my FFL this week!

• Like 1

You think you have it bad I can't decide whether I want to build (have built cause its not legal to do it myself) a 7.62x39 krinkov or buy a 1911 or build a full length operator friendly ak.....or send my saiga to tromix and have it all fancied up.....god damn these decisions!!!

This. Always this. ^_^

Keep waffling between wanting another 1911 or another metal frame IWI Jericho.

IWI_Jericho_941F_4f7fe433adfd5.jpg

But I'm not a rifle guy. Happy with my Ruger 10/22. Don't really want any more than that. :lol:

But that's why you have rifle size of pistol! That's the krinkov

Ok, so I placed the order for the MVP Flex on Sunday, right?  Their (probably automated) e-mails back to me said, "We have your order."  "Your order is processing."  "Your order has been sent to shipping."  And then it was essentially internet crickets chirping Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday.  I called them Wednesday after work to see if I was being impatient or if something was amiss (or even a mister!).  Turns out I WAS being impatient.  The dude said it usually takes three BUSINESS days before shipping occurs, at which time I'd get another e-mail.  With Monday being an holiday, today was the earliest I should have panicked.  A little while after talking to him, I got the "Your order has shipped." e-mail.  So I'm thinking, "Ok, I'll get the call from my FFL on Friday.  That's cool."  They must have used a futher-mucking Star Trek transporter to ship that thing because I got the call THIS AFTERNOON that my gun was at the FFL!  Needles to say, I went there right after work and picked it up.  It is the bee's knees!  I plopped down some more debit on some glass and scoped it up with a Redfield Revenge 3-9x42. I'll try to get datsunfreak to snap a picture of it, and maybe the Molot Vepr, tomorrow.