• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oooo isolated incidents are the best way to justify

The results on homicides were a little less clear. Leigh and Neill found that the buyback resulted in a 35 to 50 percent decline in the gun homicide rate, but because of the low number of homicides in Australia normally, this change wasn't statistically significant. Supporters of Australia's policy often argue that no mass shootings have occurred since, which is only true for a certain restrictive definition, as last September a man shot himself, his wife, and their three children in a murder-suicide in rural New South Wales.

There have also been a number of non-gun massacres in the years since the Port Arthur massacre. This past December, a mother in a suburb of Cairns, Queensland, allegedly stabbed to death seven of her own children and one niece. In 2000, a man burned a backpackers' hostel to the ground in Childers, Queensland, killing 15.

http://www.vox.com/2015/10/5/9454161/gun-violence-solution

Stuff like that happens in every country, regardless of gun policy. Its the reoccurring incidents that the US keep experience in such short time in between them, just too frequent to say there's no issue.

I understand that anti-freedom folks don't grasp the point I'm about to make but here goes anyway. In America the media is basically owned by so called liberalists, the same ones are on the front of the anti firearms campaign, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize the reports of bad to good instances with guns could be skewed. Simply put, it serves their purpose to report only illegal violent behavior. Pick up a copy of American rifleman and open to the citizens with guns section, there's multiple accounts every month of responsible firearms owners saving lives of decent people with guns.

The issue isn't about firearms, it's about a failed mental healthcare system and a lack of co-operation with authorities. Most anti freedom types just won't drag their head out of their asses long enough to see the truth.

• Like 1

Just to be clear, I'm not anti guns (shots some rifles last weekend out in the bush), nor anti freedom. But I don't like seeing innocent people, especially kids, getting shot by some crazed gun loving retard. 

If you give an ape a gun, and the ape shoots another ape, do you blame the ape? Or blame whoever allowed it to have the gun...

If they don't get guns legally they will just get them illegally, or they just use something else.

Lots of them appear to me to get stolen from parents or family, that might be stereotypical of sorts I just picture the "kid in the trench coat shooting the popular kids at school" situation lol. And illegally obtained through smuggled into country and what not seemed to be mostly used by organized crime or gang violence.

I never gave it much thought ......... but I never knew that they operated like that.

I wonder how awkward/difficult it is to cycle by hand.

The one that I got my meat hooks on its not as difficult to cycle as you might think, its not the most natural motion but its smooth.

• Like 1