• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I learned something "interesting" just now.  Apparently the 14 round .45 ACP Mecgar magazine from a Sarsilmaz SAR K-2 will work in a Walther PPQ .45 but the 12 round .45 ACP Mecgar magazine from a PPQ won't work in a K-2.  The base plates are just a tad different and won't let the shorter mag lock into the longer gun's grip... also, the K-2's follower locks the PPQ's slide back with one round still in the mag.  So... um, there's THAT going on.

New magazines, springs are still stiff. Also saves on time at the range.

Fair enough.

Im kinda big on muscle memory. Carried down here for many years in gubment and private sector jobs.

Part of my training drills (even at the range) were to do reloads of mags in simulated stress situations.

I would have been fucked if I was used to using a mag follower compressor (thats what I call the tool you made).

Neat that its 3d printed, thats a toy on my wish list.

• Like 1

i made a thing.

it's my first build.  i plan on doing another one after xmas with a couple friends.

23065697339_28d6abbf6c_k.jpg

One of the myriad online gun-stuff stores I  buy from sent yet another flyer to me the other day.  In it was a Polish parts kit for some reasonable amount of money... at least I remember thinking at the time, "That seems to be a reasonable amount of money" when I read the ad.  Anyhoo, I'm giving some thought to doing a build myself.  Hmm, I wonder if Datsun bodywork is sturdy enough to fold into a receiver...

One of the myriad online gun-stuff stores I buy from sent yet another flyer to me the other day. In it was a Polish parts kit for some reasonable amount of money... at least I remember thinking at the time, "That seems to be a reasonable amount of money" when I read the ad. Anyhoo, I'm giving some thought to doing a build myself. Hmm, I wonder if Datsun bodywork is sturdy enough to fold into a receiver...

It should be. The flats you can get online are just stamped sheet metal.

Ive been wondering that for a while. The bodywork seems too flimsy, but maybe a bumper or inner fender wall would do.

Of course Rhap is on board!  This surprises me less than one can imagine.  

Yeah, I'm thinking the roof/fender/hood/door metal might be too thin.  Sure would be cool though, especially if some easily recognizable stamping could be incorporated.  Hmm, hood bulge from a Zed... somehow?

Has everyone seen the "Shovel AK" build?  I can't remember (and am way too lazy to go back and look) if it was here where I saw it.

• Like 3

So a good friend of mine thru his employer gets a large discount on a firearm, he can't decide between a tavor in 5.56 or a Sig 226 elite. I told him to go with the tavor since he already has a bunch of ar stuff, and the way the percentages work he gets more money off. What do yee masses thing?

Of course Rhap is on board! This surprises me less than one can imagine.

Yeah, I'm thinking the roof/fender/hood/door metal might be too thin. Sure would be cool though, especially if some easily recognizable stamping could be incorporated. Hmm, hood bulge from a Zed... somehow?

Has everyone seen the "Shovel AK" build? I can't remember (and am way too lazy to go back and look) if it was here where I saw it.

I do like twisting metal into things it wasn't meant for. As for recognizable pieces, everything I've come up with ends up getting lost when you shape it into the receiver.

Ive been keeping my eye out for some stamped piece that has a datsun logo, or just says Datsun. It will happen one day.

I do like twisting metal into things it wasn't meant for. As for recognizable pieces, everything I've come up with ends up getting lost when you shape it into the receiver.

Ive been keeping my eye out for some stamped piece that has a datsun logo, or just says Datsun. It will happen one day.

What about an A-series valve cover?

• Like 1

So a good friend of mine thru his employer gets a large discount on a firearm, he can't decide between a tavor in 5.56 or a Sig 226 elite. I told him to go with the tavor since he already has a bunch of ar stuff, and the way the percentages work he gets more money off. What do yee masses thing?

I absolutely LOVE my Tavor.  I tell anyone who will sit still long enough that they need one... or more.  So, I guess that's my vote.

• Like 1

Hypothetically, IF I had a bolt-action 5.56x45 (MVP Flex) and a semi-auto 5.56x45 (Tavor), and I had a bolt-action 7.62x54r (Mosin Nagant) and a semi-auto 7.62x54r (Vepr), and I had a bolt-action .22lr (Ruger American Rimfire) and a few semi-auto .22lr (10/22s & Walther G22)...  

Then I would "need" a bolt-action 7.62x39 to go with my, hypothetical, semi-auto 7.62x39 (SKS).

There's no flaw in that logic... right?

• Like 2