More people in the USA get dead from .22 rimfire than any other, so yeah, they will lock you up for that.

Strange that ruger didn't make it the other way around, but then again, they have kind of went to hell since Bill passed.

In-correct. Ruger has come to life since Bill passed.He was an asshole.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well when he was an ass hole, at least there was quality in his product.

The damn crap being sold these days is a joke.

Really? All their new AR variants have no issues.The new SR-762 is near flawless(comparative price point). So is their 1911 offerings. Plus the new Mini tactical version. When Bill was alive, if you worked for him and you rode a Motorcycle, you were NOT covered by the company medical plan. That is being a MONSTROUS ASSHOLE.

You are the ONLY one to say anything about Ruger quality

• Like 1

The 22 auto pistols, as do the 10/22s have all turned to crap.

I've owned both since the mid '70s(when I started 'smithing'), and the old one are much better quality.

The new ones have horrible machine work, and way too many plastic parts.

Sorry you had personal problems with him.

Wonder what he would say about you, if he was still alive........

Saying Ruger is shit is a complete farce that only a little bitch would perpetuate...just saying.

It's still a quality product and in most cases the best for the money. This bullshit sounds like all the homers saying Springfield M1A are now shit because they're not millspec anymore...simply not true. My new Rugers run just as good as my old Rugers. Bitching about plastic is hilarious, I suppose all the glock, m&p, xd, etc. are all shit too.

Like Z-Train said, run along.

• Like 1

Really? All their new AR variants have no issues.The new SR-762 is near flawless(comparative price point).  Blah blah blah blah

i've seen hickok45's video on it and i decided i want one.

If you are buying a battle rifle in 7.62 get some variant of an h&k G3/91/CETME, it will work better shoot better and parts are way cheaper.

first time looking at SR762 msrp... jeeezus

rather get good AK47 or 74

Saying Ruger is shit is a complete farce that only a little bitch would perpetuate...just saying

Bitching about plastic is hilarious, I suppose all the glock, m&p, xd, etc. are all shit too.

Evidently, you never go into real firearm forums.

I see horror stories, and pictures of poorly machined parts everywhere.

Why do you think the aftermarket is filled with complete new non-plastic trigger groups, not to mention aftermarket receivers ?

I would never own a plastic gun.......

Glock is a great pistol for people who lack shooting skills.

(the main reason police deparments buy them)

Your replay resembles that of a 16 year old.

You should try growing up.

Evidently, you never go into real firearm forums.

I see horror stories, and pictures of poorly machined parts everywhere.

Why do you think the aftermarket is filled with complete new non-plastic trigger groups, not to mention aftermarket receivers ?

I would never own a plastic gun.......

Glock is a great pistol for people who lack shooting skills.

(the main reason police deparments buy them)

Your replay resembles that of a 16 year old.

You should try growing up.

Read your comments to Z-Train, realize your age is obviously near or above 50, decide who needs to grow up.

The interwebz is full of bullshit perpetuated by people that spend more time on forums than living. Glocks suck, non AR carbine suck, Ruger fail horror stories...everyone knows a guy that knew a guy but no one is that guy. I guess everyone had a preproduction sr40, even though thats a long settled issue. I understand not liking a brand, I don't like Glocks or m&p smithys because the ergos, but this Ruger thing is just delusional. I suppose cz are shit because they aren't polished where you can't see, counter to the fact of real shooters the world over touting the reliability and accuracy of the brand. My gp100 isn't perfect in every nook and cranny but it goes boom every time, and you never have to worry about timing/lock up issues of some much more expensive competitors.

Edit: no more feeding the troll

• Like 1

Went shooting for the first time for my birthday yesterday and it was FUCKING AWESOME!!!

IMG_20160219_195411_zpshwfkmw4l.jpg

Used a Glock17, I was kind of taken back at how natural it seemed to me. I was excited and nervouse up until getting there I had no clue what to expect, the staff was super chill and very informative for my wife and I. It was kind of funny to see her jump and get caught off guard when the guys to our sides where shooting assault rifles. We wanna go back soon and get more hands on with other types especially since she's going into law enforcement as a career. All in all was a great birthday surprise and I def can't wait to buy our first firearm :thumbup:  

• Like 1

Went shooting for the first time for my birthday yesterday and it was FUCKING AWESOME!!!

IMG_20160219_195411_zpshwfkmw4l.jpg

Used a Glock17, I was kind of taken back at how natural it seemed to me. I was excited and nervouse up until getting there I had no clue what to expect, the staff was super chill and very informative for my wife and I. It was kind of funny to see her jump and get caught off guard when the guys to our sides where shooting assault rifles. We wanna go back soon and get more hands on with other types especially since she's going into law enforcement as a career. All in all was a great birthday surprise and I def can't wait to buy our first firearm :thumbup:  

Head shots sure as hell beat shoulder shots!  The conventional wisdom is to shoot for the gut!  If the perp survives. he or she really needs to go to the emergency room!  ":Shit and blood don't mix" was the Gunney SGT mantra to my 2 Marine buddies that I grew up with!  Both opted out of the Marines and joined the NYPD because they were bored with the Marine's future.  They got all the excitement they were looking for in New York City!  One in "Apache Alley" [AKA Simpson Street] the other on the NY Subways!