Here is what I consider to be a family heirloom...

Based on the serial number, it is a Winchester 1894 manufactured in 1910.

From what I have been told, my great grandfather actually made the stock himself.

I've shot it a couple times and works flawlessly...hurts though due to the metal buttstock haha

20160202_233520_zpshnkowpyo.jpg

• Like 3
  • Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wasr10. Probably get out to the range for a bit this afternoon. In the meantime I'm putting together the mod list.

IMG_20160207_112559_zps8zps0y2u.jpg

That's all I have to say about that....

I will tell you that the mako group pistol grip is the most comfortable for the ak, its the isreali pattern grip, really improved trigger contact.

• Like 1

That's all I have to say about that....

I will tell you that the mako group pistol grip is the most comfortable for the ak, its the isreali pattern grip, really improved trigger contact.

Here is the other version of that I've seen that I would love to get as a poster:

il_570xN.548039242_jqnp_zps13vlrcuk.jpg

In other news, I found a barely used Saiga for a decent price locally, pick it up on Friday.

• Like 1

In other news, I found a barely used Saiga for a decent price locally, pick it up on Friday.

I'm assuming a Saiga 12, but still want to ask to be sure... So, Saiga 12 or what?  I've had two 12s, and one each in .410, 7.62x39, and 7.62x51 (.308).  I'm thinking I might want another .410 for gits and shiggles.

I'm assuming a Saiga 12, but still want to ask to be sure... So, Saiga 12 or what? I've had two 12s, and one each in .410, 7.62x39, and 7.62x51 (.308). I'm thinking I might want another .410 for gits and shiggles.

IZ-132 so 7.62x39 this is the sporterized featureless model so it doesn't have some of the neutered features that Cali requires (no mag lock). The one I found was about $100 less than the nearest sale price and judging by the complete lack of witness marks anywhere has either never been shot or has had only a few rounds through it.

Also finally ordered some 8mm Mauser ammo. I still need to remove the cosmoline on my 24/47 Yugo Mauser, had the damn thing for a decade and it has just been sitting around. It has a great and super useful detachable bayonet which I've used the crap out of though.

B7C27772-6471-4B4E-AEEC-11B4A67C6B33_zps

198CFC5B-84B6-4860-8064-1AFB493DBC01_zps

Comparison of rounds, 5.56x45, 7.62x54r, 7.92x57, supposedly the sniper rounds although I suspect that is mostly marketing.

A8F7A9F2-8FD0-4C9F-97EF-A2252898F31D_zps

I love my 8mm Mauser. Glad I was able to finally find new ammo so I can shoot it at the local range.

Got a hogue grip for the ak. Feels good so far, going to give it an actual test this afternoon.

As if by magic (aka editing) it is now the evening and I've been shooting for the day. I can say the new grip is nice and comfortable.

IMG_20160211_161325767_zpsuvq5jgmj.jpg

Sold the Vepr at the gun show today.  I never could get the scope to work for me, hopefully the next guy will... or won't recognize me at the next show!  Anyhoo, after that sale I walked out and spent none of the money... is what I should be telling y'all.  Alas, no.  I eventually found a Ruger 10/22 Charger Takedown to go along side my 10/22 Takedown rifle.  Once at home, I got a little confused and somehow accidentally tried to insert the pistol barrel into the rifle action.  When I realized that combination would inadvertently make an illegal, unstamped, short barreled rifle, I immediately disassembled it and placed both guns in separate rooms to think about what they'd done.  What's weird is the legal combination of rifle barrel in pistol action, making a really long barreled pistol, wouldn't fit... wait!  Yeah!  That's what I tried, to make a long barreled pistol!  I didn't try to assemble an SBR without a stamp.  Yeah, when the rifle barrel didn't fit the pistol action, I didn't try it the other way 'round.  Don't S.W.A.T. me bro!

• Like 1

More people in the USA get dead from .22 rimfire than any other, so yeah, they will lock you up for that.

Strange that ruger didn't make it the other way around, but then again, they have kind of went to hell since Bill passed.