I like the 65, but I'm also a sucker for a folding stock... 

I'm not usually a fan of side folders, but I think I will gopher the 65.  Off to make ordering!

Done!  Hopefully it will be at my FFL before the end of the week.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

IMG_20160314_181708369_zpsxevb1er9.jpg

Ok, I'm done modding this one...for now...probably. Only other thing I'm really considering is a trigger group, and a bolt hold open safety selector, and I'm also on the look out for 10rnd steel mags.

the KREBS selector is very nice.  as for your 10 rnd mags http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/mags/ar15-mags-2.html             (<---close to the bottom)

3d724fd8-11ab-4528-8108-07aff7d4040d_zps

Restocked Moisin Nagant, and possibly rebarreled, with add on bipod.  All in all a good rebuild!  Might even be a Remington contract build sequestered after the Bolshevic takeover and issued to second line US troops trainees or our US and Japanese Marine incursion into the Eastern Siberian region and Trans Siberian Railroad!  What, you never heard of the US / Japanese invasion of the Eastern Siberian region in the closing days of WW1?  Where have the history recorders and teachers gone?  No I wasn't there!

Tula 91/30, full bedded stock floated barrel, new trigger coming for it.

should be a nice shooter.

Got it already out of the stock furniture so I went ahead and made it better.

I went the opposite way on my M1Carbine!  I restocked it to a full length Manlicher Thumbhole stock,  Beded the barrel full length and free floated the action!  I adjusted the rear tiedown clamp until it was printing accurately at 100 yards and potted the rear stock clamp so as not to change the adjustment.  Normal?  Orthodox?  No on both!  But I can hit a jack rabbit [or bleach bottle substitute] at 100 yards with a M1 Carbine!  When I sighted it in I was mocked by 2 yahoos attempting to sight in their Weatherbees with no sucess. "Nice stock but where's the gun?" was their bleat.  I "explained" that there were beer cans in front of their targets and that the reflection was probably distracting their line of sight.  I offered to clear their line of sight and proceeded to shoot [from a siting position, not a shooters bench like they were using] and flip every single beer can out of the front of the target area, one shot per can with iron sights, although I had replaced the GI front sight with a ramp and Patridge front sight insert!  They dropped their jaws and I said "Well I guess I have finished my sight-in shooting for the day".  A slight trick if you have to repeat this feat, aim for the dirt in front of the can!  The richochet bullet and all the dirt it kicked up cannot miss the can!

Hopefully it will be at my FFL before the end of the week.

After a week and a half, I finally got confirmation that it shipped.  Apparently they ran out of the Tapco mags they promised me and my reply, "Promags are fine" wasn't good enough to proceed.  Another e-mail and phone call Monday got it straightened out... but I guess I got sent to the bottom of the order-picker's pile because it took another three days to pick, pack, and ship.  Now, don't take that as a negative review of Classic Firearms.  I've been well served and happy with them in the past.  I'll have Datsunfreak shoost some pictures of it... and the installation of the other gubbins I bought to accessorize it.

I have all of the parts to customize my AMD65... except the AMD65!  The Hogue grip, FAB Defense angled fore-end grip, AMD65Tech.com cheek riser, rear peep sight, multi-colored front sight posts, Tapco gas piston, and Dimlight Racing customized safety lever are all sitting here staring at me while the gun languishes in a UPS sorting facility forty miles east of me.  If I still had hair, I'd be tearing it out right now.

• Like 1

Testing to see if Photobucket is still acting up and thought I'd share mine.

Walther PPQ 1st Gen in 9mm plus some oddities from my desk. I love this little guy. Very accurate, low recoil, feels amazing in the hand and has the cool mag release on the trigger guard.

image.jpeg

• Like 1

Found a (new) Beretta 92fs in stainless (inox) for about $100 less than I've seen other places. I'll post pics when I pick up on Saturday (shop closes too early to get there during the week). Still looking for an AK pistol, but everyone is out of stock, I might just order the parts and build an AR pistol instead, haven't decided (well I mean I want both just funds decide).

Also found a decent local range about 20 mins from the house. Went shooting Sunday, very therapeutic.

• Like 1

Tested the Nagant revolver for the first time, was really fun to shoot  :D 

13015653_10154706415492506_4331244825861

That bridging part of the cartridge between the cylinder and the barrel entry cone is really a help!  This is probably the only revolver that could realisticly use a supressor [the PC term for silencer!].  BTW, RUGER now offers the supressor as an option.

That bridging part of the cartridge between the cylinder and the barrel entry cone is really a help!  This is probably the only revolver that could realisticly use a supressor [the PC term for silencer!].  BTW, RUGER now offers the supressor as an option.

oh it can be suppressed, theres 0 flash gap with the Nagant design. 

• Like 1

Until now, apparently. Pic today after all of Tim's mods...

20160416_102703.jpg

This is everything I want in an AK except the DATSUN stamped receiver.  Freaking beautiful!

Edit: Words/google images cannot express how much I love that grip.

tumblr_m1iisyVcM81qzfebyo1_500.jpg

Edited by Rhapakatui

Found a (new) Beretta 92fs in stainless (inox) for about $100 less than I've seen other places. I'll post pics when I pick up on Saturday (shop closes too early to get there during the week).

Got off a bit early today and was able to get over there.

BADA7031-CC29-4CDC-8ACB-781AA649F123_zps

Pic with its brother.

ABCA9F9A-7E0F-4CC8-8A2F-8E2D991D246D_zps

• Like 3