Covid-19 Prepared?

5 hours ago, Ooph! said:

You may be participating in a massive gain of function experiment where the virus mutates to an even deadlier variant.

I make light of it but I believe that statement is true, much evidence exists that vaccinating during a pandemic with a vax that does not stop the virus can make it worse, and like bananahamuck stated its temporary so in effect you've participated again and are still not protected thus all the crying and wailing about the unvax'd are causing this, the unmasked are causing this etc etc. All the evidence is there the Vax does NOT do its job as we were led to believe has serious side effects and may make things absolutely worse. Unless you are old and have serious co mormidity (ahem) 60+ overweight high blood pressure cancer patient your chances of dying from it are pretty much zilch.

Not wanting to generate hate here but if the first vax didn't protect you why get another?

That is a real question because I'd like to understand the logic.

Ok i have to disagree with some of this.Now i'm not a gung ho vaccine advocate.I didn't want to get it myself but did.How can you claim it doesn't work ? And serious side effects ? It's pretty rare or most of the vaccinated would have problems.I've told this story before about my workplace and it's eight employees.Three of us are vaccinated,five are not.One of the five got sick then three more did.Us three vaccinated people didn't get sick,one guy got lucky.If i got sick (i might have) i had very mild symptoms,just a slight headache.I honestly feel that without the vaccination and the exposure i had from the guy that worked with me for ten hours and sat in my truck for two hours,i would have been fucked up like those other four.You don't have to get vaccinated but don't make claims that it doesn't work.

• Like 2
  • Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

incontrovertible truths...

Politicians lie.

Lawyers are not to be trusted with a burnt match.

Car salesmen can sometimes be trusted with a burnt match.

All Datsuns have a bungee cord battery tie down or a brick for an emergency brake. Not uncommon to have both

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
6 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

Politicians lie.

All Datsuns have a bungee cord battery tie down or a brick for an emergency brake. Not uncommon to have both

FACTS

• Like 1
2 hours ago, datzenmike said:

That's the problem with truth. If enough people believe something it becomes truth.  The sun used to orbit the earth.

Yes thank you Mike, we call this science..I think the term you are searching for is “peer review” pal. I like my odds, so I know where I stand..99.+% survival rate..the only questions I have to ask myself is 1 can get the vaccine removed if they are wrong and 2 do I feel im in the bottom 1% as far as health goes? I dont blame anyone for getting it, but I wont deny that I question often why folks do and so far its pretty obvious that most have been told its in their best interest..For me there is only 1 person qualified to make that assessment, but thats just how I see it. In the end noone comes out of life alive.

Edited by jbirds510
  • Like 2

What is it we call science?

There is peer review for every point of view. You only need experts in the field you believe in. The flat earthers probably have a peer review (that's experts if flat earth theory) of their facts too. Certainly the sun orbiting the earth was also peer reviewed by the experts of the age and found to be absolutely and unequivocally true. Peer review does not guarantee truth only consensus and uniformity. Although Copernicus was correct, his peer review at the time didn't/wouldn't agree with him.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Politicians lie.

I played the "incontrovertible truth" (We called it "absolute" truth)  game, many times, many years ago. I remember one that was accepted, across racial, gender, and political divisions: "If you must put on a special, color coordinated, outfit to ride a bicycle, then you are a douche bag." 

• Like 2

https://www.zerohedge.com/covid-19/damn-you-hell-you-will-not-destroy-america-here-spartacus-covid-letter-thats-gone-viral

Worth reading the first half or so, probably a bit too speculative out there when it veers off from data and  gets into "graphene oxide". (I'd ignore the whole last paragraph before the conclusion as it is not as supported as the earlier paragraphs, which detracts from the whole letter sadly). Also, a bit disturbing in that it outlines a few things I purposely DID not mention here about its possible creation i.e, basically when I asked myself how if I was Evil would I create this I get the same method the author talks about here, something I have NOT seen talked about anywhere else by anyone.

unknown (2).png

Edited by Dguy210
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Most of these whinings can be easily explained away. Something new or novel comes along. Not much is known about this thing so experts are tasked with providing a 'best guess' as what to expect and what to do based on limited past experiences. There is bound to be errors in addition to blunders when dealing with something 'novel, many unknowns and making best guesses'. As time goes on and more is learned, the guess work is better refined and evolved and procedures are changed. 

Sure we expect better of those in charge but we should also give them a fucking break for my above reasons. Most of those reasons in that list are are a poor excuse for not getting a vaccination. What did Carlin say about stupidity??? "Imagine how stupid that average person is.... then realize that half the population is stupider than that" A good chunk of the 'stupid people' will read and agree with that list and perpetuate it.   

• Like 1
19 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Politicians lie.

Not all Datsuns have a bungee cord holding down the battery or use a brick for an E- brake.At least mine doesn't.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, datzenmike said:

Sure we expect better of those in charge but we should keep a close eye on them and crack down for any unconstitutional or unjust actions in the name of saving us from Covid. Most of those reasons in that list are are somewhat reasonable for not getting a vaccination. What did Carlin say about stupidity??? "Imagine how stupid that average person is.... then realize that half the population is stupider than that" A good chunk of the 'stupid people' will read and find great exception with that list and attempt to suppress it and belittle those that try to pass it on.   

There I fixed it for ya.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, jbirds510 said:

Either way we all can agree youre a narcissist and a troll..

All??? Start a poll. You're in the minority.

2 hours ago, jbirds510 said:

I wouldnt be shocked to find out youre being compensated for your contributions.I have more respect for the corn in this mornings shit. Do what ya gotta douchebag.

Now who's being a troll. I wish, but I'm neither pro or con on co-vid vax, I like pointing out that no one's opinion, (and that's all it can ever be) is more valid that anyone else's. It's futile to try and change someone's mind or position by posting shit scraped up off the internet.  

• Like 2
5 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Most of these whinings can be easily explained away. Something new or novel comes along. Not much is known about this thing so experts are tasked with providing a 'best guess' as what to expect and what to do based on limited past experiences. There is bound to be errors in addition to blunders when dealing with something 'novel, many unknowns and making best guesses'. As time goes on and more is learned, the guess work is better refined and evolved and procedures are changed. 

Sure we expect better of those in charge but we should also give them a fucking break for my above reasons. Most of those reasons in that list are are a poor excuse for not getting a vaccination. What did Carlin say about stupidity??? "Imagine how stupid that average person is.... then realize that half the population is stupider than that" A good chunk of the 'stupid people' will read and agree with that list and perpetuate it.   

I'm sorry but bullshit. We know from the Fauci emails they were talking about what they admit publicly now in early 2020, but at that time if you said that you would be banned. Nothing about Covid is all that new, they've known about masks and what would happen with the vaccine for years. 

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

A vaccine not even made yet?

This type of vaccine has been proposed and studied for many many years. Hell, in 2006 they had an experimental version based on the same concept for SARS which fizzled out due to lack of interest [edit: several groups were proposing a vaccine of this and a related nature at the same time, hot topic lots of interest]. My wife is literally one of the people on the paper for it in fact (she got her PhD studying SARS).

Edited by Dguy210
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, Dguy210 said:

This type of vaccine has been proposed and studied for many many years. Hell, in 2006 they had an experimental version based on the same concept for SARS which fizzled out due to lack of interest. My wife is literally one of the people on the paper for it in fact.

datzenmike said earlier he didn't have time for that and doesn't read the stuff posted because it would not change his mind anyway. BUT! If he did he might know there is a relationship to SARS

hint:SARS COV 1 and SARS COV 2

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32234451/

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Dguy210 said:

I wonder just how much other stuff like this is hidden in that bill?

I think some would change their views on it if the knew.

"Pass it,& you can read what's in it later".

"WE NEED TO PASS THIS BILL NOW!"

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Ooph! said:

datzenmike said earlier he didn't have time for that and doesn't read the stuff posted because it would not change his mind anyway. BUT! If he did he might know there is a relationship to SARS

hint:SARS COV 1 and SARS COV 2

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32234451/

I'm afraid I would have to spend all day running through all the 'stuff' posted. I read a little of it, but I must have a short attention span because sooner than later it starts to sound all the same. And most of that 'stuff' is just wrong, opinion, misleading, political, sensationalized, twisted and misrepresented facts and half truths for getting more clicks. Sure there is some truth out there, statistically there has to be, so..... where's Waldo? I'm not about to spend all my waking hours chasing an elusive truth. If you or anyone found the truth and are born again I'm happy for you. Me? I trust nothing on the internet. It's not that I won't believe I just can't believe what others believe.  

I am aware that SARS is a from of corona virus.

On 9/28/2021 at 5:17 PM, datzenmike said:

Politicians lie.

all my Datsun's have the rectangle bracket and bolts to hold the battery and all three have factory working parking brakes 

Edited by Ranman72
  • Like 3
10 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Did they come to you that way?? lol.

Hey Mike,

Not destruction stuff, but might be funny, my 521 truck occasionally has a loud clunk early in the morning when I first step on the brakes.  The rear brakes  then slow the truck.  To alleviate I have to run backwards n slam on the brakes.  Sometimes more than once.  Rest of the day all is good, doesn’t do it again.  Hence the reason I have adjusted the emergency brake loose n have a harbor fright wheel chock (not a brick).

Any advice, other than getting a brick too?

Also have not a large rope holding the battery down, as I found the bungee cord would let the battery move too much.