Covid-19 Prepared?

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Twice my battery in my 521 fell over against the engine and the inner fender with the positive post touching the body. There was no ground to the body so power ran down the throttle cable to the grounded block heating it red hot and melting the plastic sheath which cooled and hardened in the idle position. The first time started a fire and had to drive it 15 miles home with the fast idle set. Never learned and did it the second time, no fire. Never did fix the battery hold down, not even a piece of rope. E brake usually worked on my 521 and B-210 but I usually just shut it off in gear and didn't use it. Always use your E brake and it stays rust free.

Another night of 100° - 102°

staying hydrated as best I can. Seems the

body wants to piss every half hour all night during the fever. So lots of gator aid and electrolyte drinks are on hand. 

by 10:00AM both days my temp returns to normal. 

• Like 1

I did manage to make a new part for my truck while not fevering.

made a new alternator front bracket.

the NAC amino I’m taking to keep my lungs clear seems to be helping my spit some nasty lung butter. I usually take this because all cutting fluids cause me to build up mucus in the lungs. 

EE9CC7EF-743F-433D-8DCC-696ABBD5ADD4.jpeg

• Like 4

Shit…Just had my first cup of coffee and my taste is dull. I’m pissed now. 

I love my coffee but what I enjoy about it is gone….

so now I find myself sampling all the snack food seeing what’s different….

everything is.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I had strep throat, not the shit everyone claims to have but don't. I mean the one that lasted 5 weeks because I worked outside in zero weather and it didn't bother me till sleeping. When I lost my sense of taste I did something about it. I'm not a big fan of dill pickles but I ate several to see. It was rubbery crunchy and that was all. The pickle juice in the jar was cold and wet. 

• Like 2
31 minutes ago, bottomwatcher said:

I want a report on Beer! That's what would frighten me the most. Actually went to a beer tasting event last night I would hate to miss out on those!

the smell is beer but the taste is slightly beer. Sparking water with a hint of Widmer Hef. Everything is sensations with less intense flavors. 

• Like 1

Back to 104° tonight. It’s odd. It’s not like influenza where you feel like you're really weak. Headache, cooked eyes, sore throat, sore shoulders.

still not the worst thing I have ever experienced. Almost died from swine flu in 2009. That was 100X this. 

Edited by Mattndew76
7 hours ago, Mattndew76 said:

Back to 104° tonight. It’s odd. It’s not like influenza where you feel like you're really weak. Headache, cooked eyes, sore throat, sore shoulders.

still not the worst thing I have ever experienced. Almost died from swine flu in 2009. That was 100X this. 

Watch that Hyperpyrexia close bud..luke warm showers and cool moist towels and popsickles..105 is considered a medical emergency (heat stroke).

also get some of these https://www.walgreens.com/store/c/halls-defense-vitamin-c-assorted-citrus/ID=prod6011678-product

The reason I suggest these is when your body has enough C it dumps the rest into your elimination but as a drop your saliva will deliver it to the affected area and ascorbic acid converts to H2O2 (hydrogen peroxide), wont hurt you but will kill virus load in your throat.

https://coremedscience.com/blogs/wellness/science-of-vitamin-c-benefits-beyond-the-common-cold

Edited by jbirds510
  • Like 2

PCR test was posted for me on my clinic portal. 

I am Alpha variant positive. 

department of health called to record all of my identification data. I’m now entered into a contact tracing system 🤗

Kids have been separated from me since Thursday so they should be able to school on Monday if they show no signs of sick. I’m pretty curious to who had it around me. Only public event I attended was a JV football game with 50 people attending. Nobody but my son got within 10’ 

My son may have been exposed from a team member since he also became ill the same time. Accept he bounced back in 3 days with only a rattling cough left over. To be rubber must be nice. 😆

• Like 1