Canby=Powerland NW datsun meet

jbirds510

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, datzenmike said:

We think alike. Hooray for cougars!!!! They don't yell, they don't swell and they're grateful as hell!!!!

Ben Franklin would approve this slight misquote.  He said "They don' tell, they don't swell and they're grateful as hell."

• Like 6

Last year at Canby I spoke with someone at their used parts booth about a set of rear control arms for a ‘72 2-door 510, as mine are rusting out 🤭 Unfortunately I didn’t follow up before the show was over and I cant remember the gentleman’s name. If that was you or you have a set of control arms you can bring to this new show, I’d really appreciate it! Can’t wait for June!

Edited by serum114
  • Like 2
37 minutes ago, jbirds510 said:

Just a reminder.. I’m not doing this for me, I’m doing this for us. All monies collected goes to the venue to keep the place available for events like ours for years to come. That is all..have a great day.

I will do my best to be there and I fuckin love you. You are the man stepping up and takin it over from the quitters. I want to do something like this down here at Prado park. Still might. The VW bus guys do it every year. Don’t know if we can camp from Friday to Sunday though. 

Edited by mrbigtanker
  • Like 4
1 hour ago, mrbigtanker said:

I will do my best to be there and I fuckin love you. You are the man stepping up and takin it over from the quitters. I want to do something like this down here at Prado park. Still might. The VW bus guys do it every year. Don’t know if we can camp from Friday to Sunday though. 

Oh man that would be sweet!! And camping by the lake!! Heck yeah..do it!

• Like 2

Finally will be in the State this time and took the time off to go.  Unfortunately, the Dime is not ready yet, so I'll be lurking in a Dodge!  Can't wait to finally go!!

• Like 3

Just a little update as we fast approach the date, I’d like to talk about trophies. There Will be a few trophies given out and They are going to be a little different than previous years. The trophies are being MADE more like the trophies you’d see at hot rod shows. If you imagined something like crossed piston rods and gears you’d be pretty much on the money. The trophies will be art, however I am having data plates made to be attached that will say “best paint” “best daily” etc etc.

If anyone is artistic in this way and would like to volunteer to make a trophy to be presented on Sunday please PM me. Club pick is Something I’d love to see happen and if a club or clubs out there would like to make one that would be amazing!

As of now the510keeper has volunteered to make and present “best paint” and I am making the mouse trap. Others trophy classes can be found on the original post of this thread.

Also something else this year, we are doing a 50/50 raffle so 3 people will be winning CASH!! That way all winners get the prize they really wanted. 

Looking forward to to hearing from anyone wanting to be involved with this. Thanks -Jbird-

• Like 7
On 5/12/2019 at 8:16 PM, jbirds510 said:

The trophies are being MADE more like the trophies you’d see at hot rod shows. If you imagined something like crossed piston rods and gears

🐀& 🔧

Renew the tradition of previous winner is involved in the subsequent trophy (creation)

• Like 3