Canby=Powerland NW datsun meet

jbirds510

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

pooping_bear.jpg

There's nothing to compare with taking a shit in the forest.Nothing.  It's primal. Grunt and make all the noise as you can, it makes the process easier, rejoice, this is the way it was meant to be done. Beginners, hang onto a tree or branch. Just scuff the undergrowth aside and cover back up. Always have TP with you.

• Haha 1

Well customs is going have something to say about it, they will want customs fees, import fees, taxes, it can go on and on if you let it, I imported an engine from Australia and everyone and their brother will want money from you, finally in the end I told them that I paid to have the engine delivered to Portland in advance, and I was not going to pay any more and they could keep the engine, well it made it to Portland and I had to pay customs and a forklift fee at the warehouse, and I did not pay any of those people sending me bills and calling me on the phone which totalled hundreds of dollars.

Later I searched my own name and found that someone had called me an import genis, I have no idea who it was, and I never received a letter from debt collectors or anyone else for that matter about that engine after taking it into possession after going to the customs office.

Keep in mind that I was unable to see the engine before paying customs, I had no idea where it was till I paid them, then they told me where to go to get it.

• Thanks 1

I was thinking an american citizen bought vehicles and had them shipped here, I have no idea what happens if a foreiner brings a car from home to drive and then has it shipped back, I have never even heard of anyone doing that before, but I am sure it happens.

Canby has had visitors from other countries, mostly from Canada, one guy came from Australia a few years ago, but I believe he rented or borrowed a car.

8 hours ago, jbirds510 said:

Well damn. I wonder if it’ll be the same for these guys wanting to come to the show from japan then drive the coast line to LA then ship back home.

I think if they are willing to do that, they don't care about cost but If you are in correspondence with them, suggest they fly here and buy a car from someone stateside to drive. 

5 hours ago, jbirds510 said:

They are researching it. Just thought I’d see if anyone had any insight or experience with such an idea.

Contact BlueBird_Jimmy on IG, he just had a bluebird imported from Japan and it'll be fresh in his memory. 

Edited by reza
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
On 12/19/2018 at 10:12 PM, jbirds510 said:

Does anyone know if several cars are shipped  from overseas can they be driven directly after being taken out of the containers or do they need some sort of inspection first or trip permits?

I imported a car myself, and from memory, there is a show car import permit where you don't have all the usual bullshit.  Check the US Customs Website on importing cars.  They offer a limited time permit, and the car would be exempt from all the usual rules and regs.

It was a quick lookup ?

https://www.cbp.gov/trade/basic-import-export/importing-car

Look down under "exceptions" and they list them, along with a couple of forms to fill out.

Edited by Duncan
  • Like 6