2015 CANBY TRUCK

denmarkboy

WOW!!!

I'm in awe of the work done on this truck!!!  Utterly amazing!!!  So impressive!!

My 2 cents....I kinda like the ratsun on the oil filter....the rays of the sun pull you into that focal point.  That "ratsun" is pretty much covered......it there anything Datslocos on it? 

• Like 2
  • Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW!!!

I'm in awe of the work done on this truck!!! Utterly amazing!!! So impressive!!

My 2 cents....I kinda like the ratsun on the oil filter....the rays of the sun pull you into that focal point. That "ratsun" is pretty much covered......it there anything Datslocos on it?

We talked about that and realized, how can we not put a sticker on it when we're the ones that built it?

• Like 1

This is going to be epic Canby!  How much are tickets, by the way?  And is there a limit to how many will be sold?

snapback.png

IMAG3727_1_zpsxsu6zjqf.jpg

“DATSUN DRIVING CANBY FUN”

In celebration Datsuns Northwest is going to give away a 1970 Datsun 521 truck.

The truck is a 1970 Datsun 521, 1600, 4 speed truck.

The truck is being donated to Datsuns Northwest by Denmarkboy & Datslocos Datsun Club of California/Oregon/washigton

TICKET INFO : 5 DOLLARS EACH . LIMIT OF 200 TICKETS PER PERSON

ALL PROCEEDS FROM THE RAFFLE WILL BE GOING TO CHARITY CHOOSEN BY : Datsuns Northwest

The finished truck will be raffled off at the 2015 10th annual “DATSUN DRIVING CANBY FUN” event on Sunday at the awards presentation. Raffle tickets will be sold at the event only and will be $5.00 each, must be present to win. The winner will receive a legal drivable 521 truck.

DONATED  CANBY TRUCK PARTS :    DONATED BY :                                                 

FRONT BRAKES & KING PIN ....................................................mklotz70

SEATS & DOOR CARDS    ..........................................................................ratdat3

PARTS TRANSPORT & LABOR / FOOD / ROAD TRIP............................. hobospyder

TRANSPORTATION ................................................................................... eagle_adam

DASH BOARD & TRANS MOUNT............................................................... uberkevin

IGNITION SYSTEM & SWITCHES  ............................................................. charlie69

TRANSPORTATION .................................................................................... fastdadd

FRONT TURN LENSES ............................................................................... skyblue

POWDER COATING ..................................................................................... jrock4224

HOOD AND LABOR ...................................................................................... jester

KNOBS & SHIFTER ...................................................................................... mattndew76

521 TRUCK ................................................................................................... datslocos & denmarkboy

INFORMATION AND SUPPORT .................................................................... ratsun

EVENT & RAFFLE ......................................................................................... datsuns northwest

PAYPAL & TOWING ....................................................................................... bowtie towing aka "Evil Santa"

BUILD BOARD & GRAPHICS ......................................................................... the graphics shop

STEERING WHEEL & WING WINDOWS & HUBS........................................ wayno  

RATSUN GRILL BADGE & RATSUN SHIFT KNOB ....................................... Dime Dave 

CRAZY ROAD TRIP TO DONATE LABOR ......................................................Busta Nut

LABOR & ROAD TRIP ......................................................................................Farmer

CRAZY ROAD TRIP & LABOR ........................................................................ Eastbay521 & copilot

LABOR / LUNCH / LIQUIDS & REAR BRAKES................................................ Draker

HUB CAP .......................................................................................................... 67_1600

ENGINE  REBUILD ........................................................................................... Datsun life

REAR BRAKES & MANY LUNCHS & CARPET & VALVE COVER .................. ]2eDeYe

FUNDRAISING DONATION .............................................................................. Kirden

PAINTER & PAINT BOOTH / PAINT/ LABOR.....................................................scooter stuff 

FUNDRAISING DONATION .............................................................................. Seansm 10

DOGLEG 5 SPEED  &  TIRES   ......................................................................... harlow

DONATION / LABOR / ROAD TRIP / TRANSPORTAION................................. Rick-rat

DOOR RUBBERS  & LED LIGHTS ................................................................... Tendril

LABOR ................................................................................................................ Hogie

LABOR ................................................................................................................ h5wagaon

LABOR ................................................................................................................ Rhino13 

BODY PANEL DIPPING & BATTERY.................................................................. maltese

TAILGATE CABLES ............................................................................................ arizonajones

METAL DIPPING SERVICES .............................................................................. bo

FUSE BLOCK & WINDOW CHANNELS .............................................................. Daniel C

LABOR ................................................................................................................. Brohemius 

LABOR ................................................................................................................. TasoZ24

WINDSHIELD & REAR GLASS RUBBERS ......................................................... Datsunrides

STARTER ............................................................................................................ russaroll

TAILGATE LETTERS .......................................................................................... fredges 

MARKER LENSES & TRIMS ............................................................................... Gene Knight 

PAYPAL DONATIONS CAN BE MADE : Tbowtie@comcast.netplease make donations as a gift , to avoid 8% fee per transaction.

PAYPAL DONATIONS :    ]2eDeYe   a6m-zero  Justin Berni    hobosyder

Charlie69  Gradyfest   zed 1     Lime D. ZezE     Janksun   Mrbigtanker   HRH

THANK YOU TO ALL OF YOU DONATING PARTS AND LABOR .

87acd5a1-0505-4d71-a241-5bcdeb938755_zps                                                 1d791ab1-3748-43bd-97f2-c07f109ed680_zps

header-image3_zpsxw6uiqjj.jpg

674f4a1e-2d87-4617-81ea-5657144c2d80_zps                                                                  90b3f0fb-7cb3-4e14-bf87-df29436a0d9a_zps

40c7a9ca-81d8-44ba-ad9d-f9c72acf06c8_zps                        d3868d73-2225-4f98-b3e4-78ee29a0f58e_zps   1f652a55-984d-4366-9332-ef29def30cf7_zps                           2d81198a-0c7e-473e-8f0a-2478503cd800_zpssnapback.png

ffa48b98-84b5-473c-81ca-598527282b62_zps1397610931_zpsfrrq03zl.pnghttp://www.bluehandsinc.com          http://eugenegraphicsshop.com           http://www.youtube.c.../bluehandsvideo.

http://datsunsnw.org              http://www.md-machinist.com        http://www.futofab.com/                       

https://www.facebook...939484376066394      

PARTS STILL NEEDED FOR THE BUILD                                                                            labor                                                                                                       transportation                      left (drivers ) side 520 metal dash defrost vent 

front bumper                                           gas tank                   

• Like 2

You guys are kickin' ass.  Keep up the good work'

Oh by the way Al Hate to tel you but you need to ad another name to the donation list,  Gene Knight donated the 2 amber, 2 red marker light lenses and the 4 chrome rings for them he even paid for the shipping,  I have never known Gene to donate anything so this is really special!  LOL

Also if there is something else that you need let me know as I will be shipping the correct heater part on Tuesday.  Please do not return anything you have extra please Keep all spares denmarkboy if you do not use it personally I will bet you knows someone that can.

We need more Oics and Videos!!!  LOL

Sorry Gene , just been a little busy . Thanks Charlie 

• Like 1

Everything looks great with the primer guys, good job on all the body work to everyone that helped.

I can come down and help you with whatever on Tuesday Al. Let me know what time and I'll be over

• Like 2

this truck is amazing 

and all the donated parts ,labor and transportation shows how much the Ratsun family can do if it is needed and for a great cause 

I cant wait to see it in person  :fu:  :fu:  :fu:  :fu:  :fu:

• Like 3

I know, mostly ratsun guys. I dont know what the deal is, I don't have time or money to donate. I've offered to donatw parts several times and for what ever reason seems to get ignored. Truck looks great. Everyone has done a nice job. But I don't have a nice bumper to donate. Would if I did though.

• Like 4

Coordinating something like this is a nightmare. I'm sure the reason Al hasn't replied is just because he is super busy. Thank you for offering up parts from your personal stash. I'm sure as things start coming together, there will be more stuff needed. Actually.. I almost guaranty it.

I know, mostly ratsun guys. I dont know what the deal is, I don't have time or money to donate. I've offered to donatw parts several times and for what ever reason seems to get ignored. Truck looks great. Everyone has done a nice job. But I don't have a nice bumper to donate. Would if I did though.

• Like 4

I have been down to work on the truck twice, and hauled some upholstery down on the second trip.

Sometimes I have asked Albert a question, and it takes a few days to get a response. 

Albert is more busy than any one can imagine.  And I think he is focusing on getting done what needs to get done NOW, rather than answering every question on the truck.

Coordinating all the people coming down, putting up with new strangers in his yard, and feeding the people, has to be a night mare.  I told albert this has to be like herding cats.  Only much worse. 

His wife is also putting up with all this stuff, and people in their house.

I believe Albert needs a front bumper.  Probably needs the bumper brackets that hold the bumper to the frame, the small "Z" shaped brackets that hold the ends of the bumper to the front apron, and the rubber biscuits that go on the inside, and outside otf the apron, by the "Z" brackets, and the bolts for that, also. 

When I left on Saturday, the bolts to hold the alternator lower bracket to the engine were missing, or at least not where I looked.  The engine is using the thicker cast lower bracket.  With my limited time down there, if I could not find something, like the alternator bolts, I would just look, and see something else that needs to be done, and do that.

• Like 4

As a 521 hoarder, ive offered up parts several times with no reply, but what ever, not a datslocos member so who cares right?

Well sorry you feel that way Ted , I have made my best attempt to involve as many people as possible . I've tried to follow up with every single person , even if I cant use the part offered . 

In your case all I can find 3 postings in this entire thread ,   1st offering some brake adjusters , which was directly answered by Draker . The 2nd two complaining that about the fact that your offer to supply parts has gone unanswered . And to make sure I didn't miss something , I just looked back threw 4 pages and over 200 pm's . I can find one from you offering parts . Is it possible you posted these "offers" elsewhere ?

All I've tried to do here is involve as man people as possible in this build . I've did my best to try and control this build in a manner than everyone can see or go back threw the build and see every ones efforts and donations, Whether that be a part/labor/donation it's all here .

Datslocos datsun club of California and Oregon is the only reason this build happened in the first place .

tdaaj

• photo-thumb-37.jpg?_r=0
  • bullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.png
  • 3,076 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 01:01 AM

So need brake adjusters? 
#1115 icon_share.pngDraker

Datsun Mechanic

• photo-thumb-9347.jpg?_r=0
  • bullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.png
  • 4,374 posts
  • Cars:1992 Z32 TT, 1971 2 door 510, 1969 4 door 510, 2002 Tacoma double cab

Posted 02 March 2015 - 09:00 AM

I ordered a set for the truck. I broke one of them trying to get it cleaned up..  :( But maybe if they are incorrect we might need a set. Rockauto only lists one adjuster for the truck so if it's wrong, we don't have many other options.

tdaaj, on 02 Mar 2015 - 01:01 AM, said:snapback.png

So need brake adjusters?

View my 69 510 4dr Sedan - Build Thread

View my 71 510 2dr Sedan - Coming soon.

View my 71 510 Wagon - Sold

View my 84 720 4x4 - Sold

• Like 1

Coordinating something like this is a nightmare. I'm sure the reason Al hasn't replied is just because he is super busy. Thank you for offering up parts from your personal stash. I'm sure as things start coming together, there will be more stuff needed. Actually.. I almost guaranty it.

As a 521 hoarder, ive offered up parts several times with no reply, but what ever, not a datslocos member so who cares right?

Most the people who have givin parts or labor, ARE not datslocos members, Ted. Just letting you know

Datslocos.....not an 'official' member but im a little crazy and have Datsuns.

Just discovered Ratsun a couple years ago....have had datsuns for 20y. Raved about the wealth of info/pics etc Ratsun provides. Never gave the name "Ratsun"much thought until recently. We definitely have a George Orwell-1984-big brother type RAT here on the 'forum'.

Kinda funny Al and I have had the same mutual friend(EVIL SANTA) for a long time but just got 2 know each other over this build. Then met a bunch of local guys that share the datto-passion.

Not locos about the rat. The remaining 98% of you guys more than make up for it.

TED....I can give any good 521 part a good home.

• Like 3

Great job getting the body work finished. So will we be mounting everything up next weekend? 

Still have sanding to do . and schedule time with scooter stuff to get it to the paint booth . 

last night we got to the bottom of the gallon of super build primer . So at this point in time we have put a gallon of primer on this truck . 

• Like 4

Been over at Al's for six hours today doing moar bodywork. About to shoot primer. This thing is getting really close to Canby ready.

And to whoever left the Ninkasi Oatis behind, thanks!

Ninkasi does sound good. Darn....past 2am. Tepid Pepsi will have 2 do.

• Like 1