2015 CANBY TRUCK

denmarkboy

The firewall insulator can be repaired by cleaning and gluing some vynil/leather to it and then cutting out the openings as needed.

I just found this and you can soak it in warm water before installing it to help reform to original shape.

DSC01935.jpg

DSC01934.jpg

DSC01933.jpg

I am still looking for the heater control.

• Like 5
  • Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A former member always soaked his window(old) rubbers in ATF.  I don't think he soaked them very long, then he just wiped off some of the heavy excess and let them sit for a bit.  The ATF reactivates/restores? the elastomers in the rubber.  Haven't tried it myself, but he swore by it.

• Like 2

I have a pretty good one in my truck..

I believe it's okay.

If it's up to snuff I'll give it to the build.

The firewall insulator can be repaired by cleaning and gluing some vynil/leather to it and then cutting out the openings as needed.

I may have a few of these as well. Be back in a few with pictures

I just found this and you can soak it in warm water before installing it to help reform to original shape.

DSC01935.jpg

DSC01934.jpg

DSC01933.jpg

I am still looking for the heater control.

I am trying to make a piece for the firewall , I cant mount the heater box until I do something .

If I cant find a heater control lever , I will have the one I have chromed

IMAG0605_zpsvwdqpjui.jpg

Also might have one of these.. back in a few with pictures

• Like 2

So I don't have a lever like I thought. But I did take this off my truck..

Aand idk if you need switches but I've got a few.

20150520_121937_zpsl8hvyxpo.jpg

20150520_121903_zpsczi61mje.jpg

It took me a while to find the heater cover piece bur I figure if you guys need it well.. it's your if you want it.

• Like 2

More Canby electrical parts.

In the colledtion of the parts I got from Albert to work on, there was the windshield wiper motor, and bracket.  This picture was taken after the motor was taken off the bracket.  The parts had some organic material of unknown origin on them that was scraped off, then wire brushed.  next I used a clean and strip disk, to remove part of the rust on the parts.  That is when this picture was taken. 

WiperMotor_zpscoz7kgtx.jpg

Then I tested the wiper motor.  This is how.  There are five wires coming out of the wiper motor, four in a plug, and a black wire by itself.

Wire colors are Blue with a red stripe, Yellow, Blue, and Blue with a white stripe.

Apply 12 volts positive to the Blue with a red stripe wire.  Connect the blue wire to 12 volts, negative.  the motor should run in slow speed.  Connect the Blue with a white stripe wire to 12 volt negative, and the motor should run faster.

The marker light bases were dissassembled and put into electrolysis to remove rust.  Then sandblasted.  The front marker lights on a 521 need 20 inch long wires.  These are the wires.

BasesWires_zpskvtc5u2j.jpg

The wire just gets soldered to the brass tab.

WireSoldering_zpsgf548nas.jpg

The other leg brass connector is crimped over the wire.  I did this before painting the marker light bases, so I did not have to clean the paint off the brass tabs before soldering the wire.WireCrimped_zpsyqb6hp6z.jpg

Yesterday, I primed the parts, using PPG PD 40 LF epoxy primer.

PrimedParts_zpsensupllb.jpg

Today, I painted parts with Dupont black Centari, with hardner.  The wiper motor is done.  I need to paint the underside of the bracket.  The parking, and marker light bases will get a silver spray paint on the inside, later.

PaintedParts_zpsn862ghse.jpg

• Like 7

I found the heater control you need it is on a dash in my attic I will get it down tomorrow and pull it and take some pictures.

Daniel is there still a need for marker lights or marker light lenses?

I am headed to Gene Knights house in search of marker lights in the morning.

I will ship everything on Friday, electrical to Daniel C and heater parts to  Al, denmarkboy unless you tell me different.

• Like 2

Did some work on the truck earlier today.

Got one of the bed latches cleaned up (they were the last thing I worked on)

IMG_20150520_142356585_HDR_zps1xdpdpwv.j

Heater control box and two of the pedals

IMG_20150520_142415404_HDR_zpsiiexoqi6.j

Pro bench grinder

IMG_20150520_142402734_HDR_zpsbdgbeplk.j

Hogie doing some work on the fender

IMG_20150520_142422140_HDR_zps4igkrqeg.j

Charlie I'm assuming everything should be shipped to Al at this point, electrical is getting installed this Saturday.

• Like 8

Nice work Rhino! I know that heater piece was nasty looking. That's why I started on the other part. :rofl:

Thanks man! It isn't perfect, but I hit it with every shape file Al has then used steel wool so it's good enough for a coat of paint to protect it. The other parts look great!

• Like 2

Nice work Rhino.  Great job of jumping in and doing what needs to be done.  I thank you for your dedication as I thank everyone that has donated time, parts, or money or a combination of any of the three.

• Like 2

but he is taking too much time typing (I think they are called words) and not enough photo taking. I am sure taking photos takes less time than typing therefore shaving time to work on the truck. roflmao

Less talk more pictures , thanks to hogie and rhino13 , another couple of hours from us all . and then I had to go to wilsonville to the Dartsuns Northwest monthly meeting . to share the progress . and got to see my dude Loren O . 

IMAG4585_zps6ompi5wv.jpgIMAG4586_zpsg71h7oiw.jpgIMAG4587_zps7zmwi6v0.jpgIMAG4588_zpssxvmku2s.jpgIMAG4589_zpsk8wp5vfi.jpgIMAG4590_zpsuvgoanij.jpgIMAG4592_zpsrqvvbp95.jpgIMAG4593_zpsbli3bykn.jpgIMAG4594_zpsza3muusp.jpgIMAG4595_zpsnl2dugon.jpgIMAG4597_zpsvess1kw2.jpg

• Like 7

Nice work Rhino. Great job of jumping in and doing what needs to be done. I thank you for your dedication as I thank everyone that has donated time, parts, or money or a combination of any of the three.

Thanks Charlie! And you are welcome. I'm really glad I have been able to help out with the truck and learn as much as I have so far.

I already gave thanks to all the engine dudes, but thanks to Hogie I've got some beginner body work skills, so now I don't feel unsure about tackling my own truck.

And as always thanks to Al for everything else.

• Like 1

I'll be heading down Saturday, don't know if you want it sooner or not

thanks , Saturday works , Dan is coming down also and he lives really close to Todd . 

I am traveling down on Saturday the 23rd.  I live between West Linn and Oregon City, if that helps moving stuff to Eugene.

I sent you Todd's info , you can call him and set up a time to pick it up . 

• Like 2