2015 CANBY TRUCK

denmarkboy

Took at least 5 people to get that heater box looking that way. From pulling it, cleaning it, sanding it, painting it, and donating parts for it. Probably was more than 5 actually..

• Like 3
  • Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We collected some donations this weekend at the Datslocos swapmeet this weekend $49 in total I know it isn't much but I hope it helps out

^^ :thumbup:

Every single dollar helps out man! Good work!

^^ :thumbup: , that's how all of this is getting done . thanks everyone from the datslocos guys and gals that donated . It will pay for the fuel tank dip .

Screenshot_2015-05-18-22-17-32_zpskm7a5n

• Like 3

shoulda sent me the heater box to make pretty ... 

0E5F9354-60D6-4890-98EE-295E1A881620-184IMG_20130922_192517_zps61171c3a.jpg

Send that one jrock, hell it is summer now you don't need it!  LOL

jrock you should have a package Monday, enjoy.

Nice work on the heater box.  Did not find the parts for you guys yet but I am on it again tomorrow.

• Like 1

Heater came out great guys!!  Looks like the foam pieces were found.   I didn't/don't have one, but there is actually supposed to be a thin piece of foam on that bottom door so that it will seal when closed.  Certainly not a high priority by any means.

• Like 1

^^ :thumbup:

^^ :thumbup: , that's how all of this is getting done . thanks everyone from the datslocos guys and gals that donated . It will pay for the fuel tank dip .

Screenshot_2015-05-18-22-17-32_zpskm7a5n

I just dropped a tank off for the dime I picked up.......

Wanna know what it costs down here to get a tank dipped and coated??

$350......... :crying:

• Like 1

We still have a few hurtles to get over ,sent the tank to be dipped and found the tank has holes , Bo said " find another tank" ,  

Air transfer rubber piece from the fresh air intake to the heater box , any one know of a replacement piece ? 

The control for the ( room & heat ) control is really rusty . considering getting re chromed . 

Anyone replace the padding / cardboard from the firewall ? 

IMG_4876_zpsvxelrqfd.jpgIMAG4584_zpsm0qg1lf2.jpgIMAG4581_zpsyobxm3v4.jpgIMAG4580_zpsj9ghmogr.jpg

• Like 4

I am really sorry guys , I am trying to keep up with the progress . these are the bodywork / seat / heater pictures .

No need to apologize, your going above and beyond on this thing. :thumbup:

• Like 7

...wait...what??!!!  No need to apologize??!!!   I hear he's still taking some time to eat and sleep.....I'm sure there's at least a couple of minutes there he can shave off of both!!!!

LOL!!! :) 

Seriously Al......as Steve said.....no apologies needed!!!! 

Those are definitely going to be some harder parts to find.  The firewall is the least important of them in my opinion.  Who ever does the carpet can just run it up a bit higher.  I pulled a heater control from a spare dash, but I didn't think it was nice enough......after seeing the one you have, it might be...I'll look again.  The rubber boot is going to be a bit tricky....hopefully someone has one.....and is willing to give it up.  

• Like 3

Thanks guys !! 

ONLY 3 WORK PARTIES LEFT! 

COME WORK ON THE TRUCK , ONLY HAVE 4 RATSUN.NET  PINS LEFT . 

This weekend we will be installing wiring , cooling ,glass , dash ,

IF YOU HAVEN'T BEEN HERE TO WORK ON THE TRUCK , YOU CHANCES ARE DISAPPEARING QUICK .

sat, may 23 rd   10 o'clock till ? 

• Like 3

Those are definitely going to be some harder parts to find.  The firewall is the least important of them in my opinion.  Who ever does the carpet can just run it up a bit higher.

I pulled a heater control from a spare dash, but I didn't think it was nice enough.

I am trying to make a piece for the firewall , I cant mount the heater box until I do something . 

If I cant find a heater control lever , I will have the one I have chromed 

IMAG0605_zpsvwdqpjui.jpg

• Like 2

...wait...what??!!!  No need to apologize??!!!   I hear he's still taking some time to eat and sleep.....I'm sure there's at least a couple of minutes there he can shave off of both!!!!

LOL!!! :)

Seriously Al......as Steve said.....no apologies needed!!!!  

but he is taking too much time typing (I think they are called words) and not enough photo taking. I am sure taking photos takes less time than typing therefore shaving time to work on the truck. roflmao

but like everyone else has said no need to apologize.

• Like 2

Thanks fellas , but we are all building this truck , I just happen to be the one closest to the actual build . 

This isnt a TV show where you get to watch a car get built in an week ( hour ) . But WE have built a pretty nice truck in less than 6 months . 

And as many times as I have to ,  I will be thanking you guys , I only meant to build a ratty 521 , and instead . . . .  this beauty !

IMAG0703_zpsbqh59tpn.jpg

• Like 9

Quit apologizing and get to work time is a wasting!  LOL

Al you have done a great job orchestrating this build.  The dedication and being on top of it on a day to day basis is phenomenal!  Dude you ROCK!

You sir have pulled this all together in a well organized finely tuned manner.

I will up date you on the status of my parts quest tonight I am still looking.  I thought I had my shed and garage organized. but I still cannot find what I am looking for.  LOL

• Like 2