2015 CANBY TRUCK

denmarkboy

damn that paint looks nice and that paint booth is awesome 

this truck is a collective effort from everyone and some have went over the top with donations

all I can say is I hope I or another ratsoner wins this truck  

• Like 2
  • Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

snapback.png

IMAG3727_1_zpsxsu6zjqf.jpg
“DATSUN DRIVING CANBY FUN”
In celebration Datsuns Northwest is going to give away a 1970 Datsun 521 truck.
The truck is a 1970 Datsun 521, 1600, 4 speed truck.
The truck is being donated to Datsuns Northwest by Denmarkboy & Datslocos Datsun Club of California/Oregon/washigton

TICKET INFO : 5 DOLLARS EACH . LIMIT OF 200 TICKETS PER PERSON

ALL PROCEEDS FROM THE RAFFLE WILL BE GOING TO CHARITY CHOOSEN BY : Datsuns Northwest
The finished truck will be raffled off at the 2015 10th annual “DATSUN DRIVING CANBY FUN” event on Sunday at the awards presentation. Raffle tickets will be sold at the event only and will be $5.00 each, must be present to win. The winner will receive a legal drivable 521 truck.

DONATED  CANBY TRUCK PARTS :    DONATED BY :                                                 
FRONT BRAKES & KING PIN ....................................................mklotz70

SEATS & DOOR CARDS    ..........................................................................ratdat3
PARTS TRANSPORT & LABOR / FOOD / ROAD TRIP............................. hobospyder
TRANSPORTATION ................................................................................... eagle_adam
DASH BOARD ............................................................................................. uberkevin
IGNITION SYSTEM & SWITCHES  ............................................................. charlie69
TRANSPORTATION .................................................................................... fastdadd
FRONT TURN LENSES ............................................................................... skyblue
POWDER COATING ..................................................................................... jrock4224
HOOD AND LABOR ...................................................................................... jester
KNOBS & SHIFTER ...................................................................................... mattndew76
521 TRUCK ................................................................................................... datslocos & denmarkboy
INFORMATION AND SUPPORT .................................................................... ratsun
EVENT & RAFFLE ......................................................................................... datsuns northwest
PAYPAL & TOWING ....................................................................................... bowtie towing aka "Evil Santa"
BUILD BOARD & GRAPHICS ......................................................................... the graphics shop
STEERING WHEEL & WING WINDOWS & HUBS........................................ wayno  
RATSUN GRILL BADGE & RATSUN SHIFT KNOB ....................................... Dime Dave 
CRAZY ROAD TRIP TO DONATE LABOR ......................................................Busta Nut
LABOR & ROAD TRIP ......................................................................................Farmer
CRAZY ROAD TRIP & LABOR ........................................................................ Eastbay521 & copilot
LABOR / LUNCH / LIQUIDS & REAR BRAKES................................................ Draker
HUB CAP .......................................................................................................... 67_1600
ENGINE  REBUILD ........................................................................................... Datsun life
REAR BRAKES & MANY LUNCHS & CARPET & VALVE COVER .................. ]2eDeYe
FUNDRAISING DONATION .............................................................................. Kirden
PAINTER & PAINT BOOTH / PAINT/ LABOR.....................................................scooter stuff 
FUNDRAISING DONATION .............................................................................. Seansm 10
DOGLEG 5 SPEED  &  TIRES   ......................................................................... harlow
DONATION / LABOR / ROAD TRIP / TRANSPORTAION................................. Rick-rat
DOOR RUBBERS  & LED LIGHTS ................................................................... Tendril
LABOR ................................................................................................................ Hogie
LABOR ................................................................................................................ h5wagaon
LABOR ................................................................................................................ Rhino13 

BODY PANEL DIPPING & BATTERY.................................................................. maltese

TAILGATE CABLES ............................................................................................ arizonajones

METAL DIPPING SERVICES .............................................................................. bo

FUSE BLOCK & WINDOW CHANNELS .............................................................. Daniel C

LABOR ................................................................................................................. Brohemius 

LABOR ................................................................................................................. TasoZ24

WINDSHIELD & REAR GLASS RUBBERS ......................................................... Datsunrides

PAYPAL DONATIONS CAN BE MADE : Tbowtie@comcast.netplease make donations as a gift , to avoid 8% fee per transaction.

PAYPAL DONATIONS :    ]2eDeYe   a6m-zero  Justin Berni    hobosyder

Charlie69  Gradyfest   zed 1     Lime D. ZezE     Janksun   Mrbigtanker 

jesusno2 

THANK YOU TO ALL OF YOU DONATING PARTS AND LABOR .
       87acd5a1-0505-4d71-a241-5bcdeb938755_zps                                                 1d791ab1-3748-43bd-97f2-c07f109ed680_zps
                                                                          header-image3_zpsxw6uiqjj.jpg
     674f4a1e-2d87-4617-81ea-5657144c2d80_zps                                                                  90b3f0fb-7cb3-4e14-bf87-df29436a0d9a_zps

40c7a9ca-81d8-44ba-ad9d-f9c72acf06c8_zps                        d3868d73-2225-4f98-b3e4-78ee29a0f58e_zps   1f652a55-984d-4366-9332-ef29def30cf7_zps                           2d81198a-0c7e-473e-8f0a-2478503cd800_zpssnapback.png
 ffa48b98-84b5-473c-81ca-598527282b62_zps1397610931_zpsfrrq03zl.pnghttp://www.bluehandsinc.com          http://eugenegraphicsshop.com           http://www.youtube.c.../bluehandsvideo.
 http://datsunsnw.org              http://www.md-machinist.com        http://www.futofab.com/                       

https://www.facebook...939484376066394      

PARTS STILL NEEDED FOR THE BUILD                                                                            labor                                                                                                        transportation                                                          labor                                       gas tank refurbish                        trans mount fab                                 bodywork           

• Like 1

So if the truck is painted you can now knock body work off the list. :thumbup:

As Hogie stated on the last page we still have days of bodywork left to do , We could of just sprayed right over most of the dents . But considering the guy thats picking up the paint gun to paint this , we owed it to him to at least do our best with the body . And most of us dont do anything close to this for a living . I am sure a skilled body shop could bang this out in no time . We are a long way from a skilled body shop .

We are getting close to a finished truck , the next 7 days are going to be crazy ,

for those of you wanting to help work on the truck , We will be working on it tomorrow ,and all next weekend . Bustanut and skyblue will be up with the engine , so if you want to lend a hand on drivetrain install , cab mounting , glass , etc etc .. these are your last chances to get your Ratsun.net pin . I think I have 5 left .

• Like 4

I haven't put a single bolt on the engine yet.......

........been cleanin and painting parts all week......

Was gonna spend the weekend here with my kids as my daughter is stoked on putting this together.....

...........but...........

........she ended up catching pneumonia a couple days ago :( ................so no shop this weekend.......

...............and Tuesday is kidz night again.......

So.....technically......I have 2 evenings to put this thing together..............

Makes the build moar fun...right?? :hmm:

Fuck.

This is gonna test me on how fast I can actually put an engine together......

By the way scooter............that looks @#$%&*@ AMAZING......you've gone FAR beyond what was expected..... :thumbup:  :thumbup:

Also told my daughter she could pick the winning ticket if the baby mama lets her roll with me.....

.......her face lit up.........that is another issue though.......

...to be continued

• Like 2

Sold out on stickers........

Wanna thank EVERYONE for their generosity.......some peeps REALLY came through with some big donations.....raised just over $300.....

Totally NOT what I expected....this is a true community of Datsun lovers.....

This will help A LOT.....

I want EVERYONE who has either donated monies or labor to come find me at Canby..........

.................I will have a special sumpin' sumpin' for you ALL................

• Like 5

I haven't put a single bolt on the engine yet.......

........been cleanin and painting parts all week......

Was gonna spend the weekend here with my kids as my daughter is stoked on putting this together.....

...........but...........

........she ended up catching pneumonia a couple days ago :( ................so no shop this weekend.......

...............and Tuesday is kidz night again.......

So.....technically......I have 2 evenings to put this thing together..............

Makes the build moar fun...right?? :hmm:

Fuck.

This is gonna test me on how fast I can actually put an engine together......

If everything is cleaned and all the clearances have already been checked, assembly will go fast. Most of the time is spent cleaning mating surfaces, checking bearing clearances and ring gaps and such. My advise is take your time and get it right. Things tend to go bad when rushed and take much more time to fix later (like getting the valve timing a tooth off). Like it or not, your name will be on this engine and if something goes wrong, donated or not, you get the bad rap. Hope your daughter gets well soon. Also glad to hear of others stepping up and helping fund the engine build.

Mark

• Like 2

well that got awkward for a second..... maybe its time for a sorry and a hug .......this isn't a contest ...other then when it gets raffled......  this needs to stay on the up and up,   alot of people donating more time and effort then money and there is enough to go around for everyone......... can i get a picutre of the dash so i can match the ashtray when it shows up .......i forgot what color i did it 

• Like 2

Nobody should be weighing scales for anything they have done compared to anybody that hasn't, nobody has strong armed anyone to do anything. If you "chose" to go beyond what you told yourself you would do originally that's on you you don't need to throw it up in anyone's face.

I ate Raman and jerky for two weeks after my donation, but I don't say anything, because it's nobody's fuckn business! I made that choice and every dump I took, I smiled knowing I was happy with "my choice" bite your lips if you feel holier than thou.

I was really hoping nothing like this would come about, alas we are all human in our 1st world problems.

Do what you can, or don't ... But nobody needs to feel lesser or greater in this thread.

• Like 7

i ate egg salad after, cause it was easter and i had a ton of dyed hardboiled easter eggs .....made like three Tupperware.... and had toasted egg salad sandwiches for a week ... my poops stunk lol ... but it was good ..... and i would do it again to see this truck go to a good home.... i wanna see tears who ever wins it ......(oops sorry i was telling myself that in my head..)

• Like 4

Nobody should be weighing scales for anything they have done compared to anybody that hasn't, nobody has strong armed anyone to do anything. If you "chose" to go beyond what you told yourself you would do originally that's on you you don't need to throw it up in anyone's face.

I ate Raman and jerky for two weeks after my donation, but I don't say anything, because it's nobody's fuckn business! I made that choice and every dump I took, I smiled knowing I was happy with "my choice" bite your lips if you feel holier than thou.

I was really hoping nothing like this would come about, alas we are all human in our 1st world problems.

Do what you can, or don't ... But nobody needs to feel lesser or greater in this thread.

Let it go.

• Like 1

If everything is cleaned and all the clearances have already been checked, assembly will go fast. Most of the time is spent cleaning mating surfaces, checking bearing clearances and ring gaps and such. My advise is take your time and get it right. Things tend to go bad when rushed and take much more time to fix later (like getting the valve timing a tooth off). Like it or not, your name will be on this engine and if something goes wrong, donated or not, you get the bad rap. Hope your daughter gets well soon. Also glad to hear of others stepping up and helping fund the engine build.

Mark

I love the pressure....

My second Canby I put my entire cat together in a month with two bones broken in my right foot.....

.....then broke the engine in on the way......

If it weren't for the last minute.......nothing would get done......

I always take FULL responsibility for my actions and builds.....

Love this shit!!!!

• Like 4

Had fun helping out on the truck today.

Took some Scotch brite to the driver side fender and hood.

Heres the hood with just the top lip scuffed.20150503_144341_zps40dycldy.jpg

And here it is halfway done.20150503_152813_zpsrjtetmcn.jpg

And here is the top all scuffed up.20150503_160328_HDR_zpsujbv2czs.jpg

And onto the underside of the hood. (before)20150503_160700_HDR_zpshuogcwzn.jpg

And after a scuff.20150503_164323_HDR_zps83rgnqri.jpg

I didnt get a before shot of the fender but here they are drying after cleanup.20150503_165557_HDR_zpst5ek11oq.jpg

Bondo work.20150503_171306_HDR_zpsmtmvngsz.jpg

Closer.20150503_171323_HDR_zpswrcgmf5i.jpg

Hopefully i can make it next weekend for some engine fun... I want to see the heart in person before its in.

• Like 8

I'll post up pictures after I take my lady out.

I think I have enough bondo in my nose to finish the truck...

Hoagie, did you see that goon on 99? Orange with the red fender, nice looking car.

• Like 2

And now, for something totally different.

Battery cables.

BatteryCables_zpsbxpresf2.jpg

Combo Meter

ComboMeter_zpsbovdo0tb.jpg

These are pictures of the tail lights Denmarkboy gave me in Canby yesterday.

RP1_zpsron62kmc.jpg

RP2_zpsqif9aw89.jpg

RP3_zps68tbzjri.jpg

Other tail light.

RP4_zps5hohftvq.jpg

RP5_zpswlf1fl3e.jpg

RP6_zpsopfthjq3.jpg

I got this one lamp to work on one tail light.

WorkingLamp_zpspjkv4czx.jpg

I did not want to take the time now, to rebuild these tail lights.  I got parts out of my 521 tail light stash.

TaillightParts_zps1gclsunb.jpg

I put together these tail lights.

TailightsCanby_zpsycfw6wmz.jpg

TailightFrame1_zpscjw3atkz.jpg

Tail lights.

TailightsTail_zpsp8jr8jo8.jpg

Brake lights.

TaillightsStop_zps3dq3luwq.jpg

Reverse lights

TailightsReverse_zpszmtzfpww.jpg

Left turn.

TailightLT_zpsp3v27gpy.jpg

Right turn.

TailightRT_zpsitvaadig.jpg

And finally, the side lamps.

RearSideMarkers_zpsrmg6bbwm.jpg

The tail lights were checked using the rear harness Mike Klotz sent me last week.  I made a connection at the plug that the engine room harness plugs into, and I hooked the negative of the battery to the tail light frame.  

• Like 11