2015 CANBY TRUCK

denmarkboy

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Al, I put the door locks in one of the bags and the passenger one still had the key code. From what I remember they were both in tact, just had some of that paint on them.

copy , I found the locks , still have to get a key made , I never got one when i dug the truck out of the field, and it never had a ignition switch . 

• Like 2

copy , I found the locks , still have to get a key made , I never got one when i dug the truck out of the field, and it never had a ignition switch . 

Wait until you get the ignition then have the door locks keyed to match.

I will be in my garage tomorrow so I will look for the heater control you need.

Busta the least you could have done is throw a greasy rag over the H@#$% valve cover before taking this picture!  LOL

I didn't realize it till I posted it......

........that's the valve cover off the car I posted in Randomness.........

...........................timing belt job.......just got too excited and my lunch was getting cold...... :D

• Like 1

I'm not sure if it's ironic or sad that one of the two people jumping on the stickers has already put in tons of his own money!  Everybody but Denmarkboy should be jumping on these and Busta should have set the price at $10ea! 

I'd like to remind all the viewers that haven't pitched in yet......those two guys need your help desperately!!!!!  They're normal guys with the same tight budgets as everyone else, but they're eating eating PB&J sandwiches(so to speak) to make this happen.  When they signed on to this project, it was just a mild build.....now it's an over the top restoration with a similar budget!!!  Every $5 you can send is $5 that Al and Anthony don't have to spend on it.......and trust me........they're both invested heavily in this project. 

I know there's been a lot of support from a lot of people and it is truly appreciated!!!!!  But, if you're sitting there thinking that you can't help or donate enough to make a difference or that it's already covered......please think again!!!!  Give up a coffee, beer, or pack of cigs and send them $5.......or $20.  That "free" paint job still cost well in excess of $500 just in supplies!!  The paint job is beautiful thanks to Scooter, but 90% of the work was in the preperation. 

I hate to beg, but please dig deep here guys......there's still a long way to go to get this finished!! 

• Like 11

I'm not sure if it's ironic or sad that one of the two people jumping on the stickers has already put in tons of his own money!  Everybody but Denmarkboy should be jumping on these and Busta should have set the price at $10ea! 

I'd like to remind all the viewers that haven't pitched in yet......those two guys need your help desperately!!!!!  They're normal guys with the same tight budgets as everyone else, but they're eating eating PB&J sandwiches(so to speak) to make this happen.  When they signed on to this project, it was just a mild build.....now it's an over the top restoration with a similar budget!!!  Every $5 you can send is $5 that Al and Anthony don't have to spend on it.......and trust me........they're both invested heavily in this project. 

I know there's been a lot of support from a lot of people and it is truly appreciated!!!!!  But, if you're sitting there thinking that you can't help or donate enough to make a difference or that it's already covered......please think again!!!!  Give up a coffee, beer, or pack of cigs and send them $5.......or $20.  That "free" paint job still cost well in excess of $500 just in supplies!!  The paint job is beautiful thanks to Scooter, but 90% of the work was in the preperation. 

I hate to beg, but please dig deep here guys......there's still a long way to go to get this finished!! 

Thanks mike, 

I would like to ask everyone here in the Ratsun community to share this with all the other Ratsun people you know ,

This community has made this build happen on this level . And the more of us that are there buying tickets , the better chance one of us will win it . And if I had an ideal ending to this build it would be that a Member of Ratsun would win the truck ! 

Thank You Ratsun , we all owe you a for your donation !

P.S. I was just trying to score a killer deal on some cool stickers.

• Like 7

100% True. This truck was not suppose to be this nice. It was suppose to be a rat..

Everyone involved so far has dug deep. Imaging going out to your parts stash.. finding the most rare and sought after part... and giving it away for free. Al has done that countless times already. not to mention all the funds needed to bring this truck to where it is.

• Like 8

I still cant believe everything I am seeing going into this truck 

countless hours 

countless dollars 

countless donations of money and labor 

children donating labor 

people driving 9 plus hours to give there time away and the gas plus time off work to be there 

MY HAT IS OFF TO ALL OF YOU  :fu:  :fu:  :fu:  :fu:

• Like 8

Absolutely!!!  I didn't get to finish earlier....had to get to work.  I didn't want to leave it sounding like they were the only two that have sacrificed for this truck.  There has been many more and their efforts and contributions are extremely appreciated!!!!  This truck wouldn't be where it's at if not for them!! 

I'm trying to reach out to those a bit farther away that use the info and enjoy all the camaraderie of Ratsun and the other Datsun forums/clubs.  It was Datslocos "pay it forward" idea and donation of the truck that started this grassroots project with the goal being to bring together all Datsun lovers!!  Ratsun happens to be a huge forum and the obvious place to put out the word.  I'm guilty of calling this the Ratsun truck at times, but it's really the Canby truck.  It's the Datsun Community Truck.  Al(denmarkboy) specifically avoided corporate sponsors on this project to make sure that it stay a project that was built by the Datsun community!!!  That's a decision that has taken a huge toll on Al....financially and  time wise.  He's not going to say anything about it....heck....it was hard enough for him to ask for help to get the primer just a bit ago.  There's no way in the world I could have done what he's doing...not even half of it!  Physically or financially!!!  I told my wife that if I win the truck, I just might hand the keys to Al. :) 

It would be really nice if DatsunsNW would "come together" on this project and help support it by putting it up on their website.  After all....there's going to be a lot of people coming to Canby just to have a shot at this truck.......and all the raffle money will be donated in their name.  Anyway....

I'm trying to bring some of this into perspective and shed some light on it.......just like I tried to keep it down to a realistic build in the beginning! lol!!  I didn't get anywhere with that...and that's fine.....it's an amazing truck.....but hopefully, everyone that has chimed in with excitement and pushed this project into a full blown rebuild, has contributed!!! 

When I donated the brake kit, I kinda figured that others would step up and buy the m/c for the upgrade....the proportioning valve.  I knew there would be more people that could swing donating a $50-75 dollar part than $300-500.  That put Al in a tight spot by me only giving him part of what was needed.  He didn't want to ask for help, so it leaves him in a position of trying to figure out how to get the rest of the items.  Just like with Hobospyder making the generous offer to send the rear disc brackets.....it would still need calipers, rotors, e-brake cables......which, if left up in the air, would end up falling on Al.  In light of this, I'm going to be sending down the rest of the brake system parts to Al.  If one of the guys that is physically going down there to help can double flare brake lines, I'll lend my flaring tool and send nuts instead of adapters.

Busta is busting his nuts the same way.  He should have more stickers made and give them out free with a $10 donation :)  I can't imagine that after postage, envelope and sticker cost, he's making anything worthwhile on them.  lol  Funny....but not.  He got caught up in a similar situation with the escalation of the build from runner to resto. 

And finally.......if anyone out there is looking at me and thinking I'm more talk than action on this build.....I'll be more than happy to work up an itemized list of the value of everything I've got going into .......on the one condition that you match me on it!!!!!!  :)   It's over a thousand if any smart ass tries to call me out on it. lol  I'm not saying that because it's anything special....others have already given far more.....but....I'm the one on here making noise.....so it's just to show that I've done the "put up" in case you want me to "shut up" :)  

So....a huge thank you to everyone that's participated!!!!  Even the guys buying lunches for the work parties.....that's so awesome!!!  Every bit helps!!!!!  Hmmm....where's Jerry Lewis these days???  Telethon to raise money??  LOL :)

• Like 11

I applaud all that have given in any way to this build.  And for those that cannot donate at this time there will be a time in the future you can help out.  When this build is done and the truck is auctioned off and the winner has driven it home just remember that denmarkboy, Busta Nut, Mike Klotz, Wayno, Jrock, Scooter, and many others have made this a reality!

And for those of you that will not donate to this build for one reason or another go to Canby this year and buy some raffle tickets.

• Like 6

Absolutely!!!  I didn't get to finish earlier....had to get to work.  I didn't want to leave it sounding like they were the only two that have sacrificed for this truck.  There has been many more and their efforts and contributions are extremely appreciated!!!!  This truck wouldn't be where it's at if not for them!! 

I'm trying to reach out to those a bit farther away that use the info and enjoy all the camaraderie of Ratsun and the other Datsun forums/clubs.  It was Datslocos "pay it forward" idea and donation of the truck that started this grassroots project with the goal being to bring together all Datsun lovers!!  Ratsun happens to be a huge forum and the obvious place to put out the word.  I'm guilty of calling this the Ratsun truck at times, but it's really the Canby truck.  It's the Datsun Community Truck.  Al(denmarkboy) specifically avoided corporate sponsors on this project to make sure that it stay a project that was built by the Datsun community!!!  That's a decision that has taken a huge toll on Al....financially and  time wise.  He's not going to say anything about it....heck....it was hard enough for him to ask for help to get the primer just a bit ago.  There's no way in the world I could have done what he's doing...not even half of it!  Physically or financially!!!  I told my wife that if I win the truck, I just might hand the keys to Al. :)

It would be really nice if DatsunsNW would "come together" on this project and help support it by putting it up on their website.  After all....there's going to be a lot of people coming to Canby just to have a shot at this truck.......and all the raffle money will be donated in their name.  Anyway....

I'm trying to bring some of this into perspective and shed some light on it.......just like I tried to keep it down to a realistic build in the beginning! lol!!  I didn't get anywhere with that...and that's fine.....it's an amazing truck.....but hopefully, everyone that has chimed in with excitement and pushed this project into a full blown rebuild, has contributed!!! 

When I donated the brake kit, I kinda figured that others would step up and buy the m/c for the upgrade....the proportioning valve.  I knew there would be more people that could swing donating a $50-75 dollar part than $300-500.  That put Al in a tight spot by me only giving him part of what was needed.  He didn't want to ask for help, so it leaves him in a position of trying to figure out how to get the rest of the items.  Just like with Hobospyder making the generous offer to send the rear disc brackets.....it would still need calipers, rotors, e-brake cables......which, if left up in the air, would end up falling on Al.  In light of this, I'm going to be sending down the rest of the brake system parts to Al.  If one of the guys that is physically going down there to help can double flare brake lines, I'll lend my flaring tool and send nuts instead of adapters.

Busta is busting his nuts the same way.  He should have more stickers made and give them out free with a $10 donation :)  I can't imagine that after postage, envelope and sticker cost, he's making anything worthwhile on them.  lol  Funny....but not.  He got caught up in a similar situation with the escalation of the build from runner to resto. 

And finally.......if anyone out there is looking at me and thinking I'm more talk than action on this build.....I'll be more than happy to work up an itemized list of the value of everything I've got going into .......on the one condition that you match me on it!!!!!!  :)   It's over a thousand if any smart ass tries to call me out on it. lol  I'm not saying that because it's anything special....others have already given far more.....but....I'm the one on here making noise.....so it's just to show that I've done the "put up" in case you want me to "shut up" :)  

So....a huge thank you to everyone that's participated!!!!  Even the guys buying lunches for the work parties.....that's so awesome!!!  Every bit helps!!!!!  Hmmm....where's Jerry Lewis these days???  Telethon to raise money??  LOL :)

I agree.

• Like 3

Denmarkboy - I'll bring you tailgate cables tomorrow @ the Datslocos North meet in Canby.

sounds good , are you close to MKlotz . he has a box of parts for the canby truck , if you arent close enough to him , maybe someone else can grab it.  

• Like 1