2015 CANBY TRUCK

denmarkboy

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the switches are OK. denmarkboy has some extra switches, and I worked them with some WD-40 and got then moving pretty good mechanically.  I did not test them electrically.

mklotz70 sent me all three 521 wiring harnesses, and that all look pretty good, for 45 year old wires. 

I would like to somehow get the dashboard for the Canby truck, so I can plug the engine room harness into the cab, and the rear electrical harnesses, and then apply power to the fuse box, and I can basically test everything before it is installed on the truck.

The Canby truck may, and probably does need a few more electrical pieces.  Because it is a four hour round trip for me to go to Eugene, and I am working to the electrical stuff in Portland, there is a little difficulty knowing exactly what parts are still needed.  I have not seen a licence plate light.  The front turn signals I got on Saturday, I have not had a chance to check yet, Denmarkboy may have some better pieces for the front turn signals in Eugene.

• Like 1

I'm doin my best to keep up with the build posts , it is happening so fast these days .

great job on the wiring Dan ! And those lights are a great add to the truck . thanks !

Mike Klotz also made another insane donation to the build ! 

The list :            brake master , new brake line , proportioning valve , stock shifter boot , bushings for the shifter , speedo cable , clutch disc , pressure plate , upper and lower rad, hoses , fuel pump , fuel pressure reg , chrome coil holder , wiper blades , brake adjuster covers , u joints , v belt , heater hoses , temp sending unit , thermostat , pedal rubbers , rubber plugs for the cab 

And thanks to  Arizona jones for the cables for the tailgate cables , these are going to look great in the truck . 

IMAG0655_zpsqfmjjhsb.jpg

• Like 9

Time is ticking!!!!   :hyper:  :hyper:  :hyper:

You don't have to tell me........

About to check clearances........

F3E46783-7BD7-4C49-AD51-1B0DCACF5187_zps

Deizel has a friend hangin today......

C915DD22-15D1-44AD-9A5F-0D9B68BC5A09_zps

• Like 9

I forgot your dogs name was Deizel, and picture didn't show up at first,, i was thinking to my self,, how in the fuck did you get the female to agree to let you name your son THAT??

I got away with Carsen but that's as close as i could get. :geek:

• Like 3

List of $$ donators to the engine build.....a few of these guys didn't even want stickers....

I love Ratsun.... :wub:

-Mklotz

-DScottDatsun

-[2edeYe

-Qwik510

-Tanker

-Hogie

-Jrock

-Tanker

-Ratwagon

-FirstDime

-..and a fellow named Mark N......sorry dude....forgot your screen name and no time to search for it......

These donations totalled just over $500...... :hyper:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup: ...did not expect that at all......

......my engine builds usually run $750 at the cheapest.....all depends on head work.....and that's my cost on all parts.......

........you guys saved my ass.......

.....and yes........I know Tanker is in there twice......cuz he donated twice.........

.......whoever is closest to him should give him a hand job for me.... :rofl:  :rofl:

• Like 11

Scooter....my apologies!!  It wasn't a rant or meant as any kind of dis towards you.   You just strengthened my point very well!!!!!   I was just trying to make sure everyone realized that when you offered to paint the truck for free, that it wasn't anywhere close to free!!  Granted, I didn't have any clue about the extent of your donations.....I just knew there was about $500 that had also been put into it on top of what you put in.  I wanted people to be aware that someone is still paying for all of this in one form or another!!!  You part of this project has been the most pivotal part!!!!  It would have been a nice, safe daily driver without the paint job.  Your paint job to it to a level beyond anyone's expectations!!!  I'm completely impressed and can't thank you enough for what you've done!!  Because of the level you've brought it to, I'm sending a couple more boxes of NOS stuff to help make sure the rest of the truck compares to the paint.

Again....I'm sorry that I wasn't more clear....reading it back, I can see how you'd take it the way you did....it truly wasn't meant in that way.....a lot is lost in text(a big reason I'm not on the forums like I used to be).....but, if anything, it will open a lot more eyes as to just how much is going into this truck!!!  People who don't do paint still think that paint jobs can be done for a couple hundred bucks.  They don't realize that you can spend $100 just on sanding supplies.  I think Al can vouch for my intentions on this matter. 

Hey, I just went back and re-read the post from the other night. I believe that I owe you the apology. I read your post completely out of context & attacked you for no reason. Anyway.. sorry for being such a Jackass.

-Tim

• Like 10
Guest Rick-rat

I really need to win this truck, won't be down to work on it this weekend. Was driving my truck down the road and the next thing I knew I was in an ambulance on the way to the hospital, nothing broken on my body, just banged up. won't know the condition of mine until tomorrow. will post pics after I see the  truck

Still going to Canby, just without a Datsun

• Like 1

I really need to win this truck, won't be down to work on it this weekend. Was driving my truck down the road and the next thing I knew I was in an ambulance on the way to the hospital, nothing broken on my body, just banged up. won't know the condition of mine until tomorrow. will post pics after I see the truck

Still going to Canby, just without a Datsun

Wow. Sorry to hear this Rick. Hope you're okay health wise, man.

• Like 1