2015 CANBY TRUCK

denmarkboy

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have to postpone the trip up......

......That's up to the build......I can make it work......

...................but it's up to Al.....he needed the engine in next weekend.......

What do you think Al??

I just dont want to run out of days , I'm gonna leave it up to you .

• Like 2

Al, are you working on this every weekend? can probably make it down  1 more time

I work on the truck everyday lately . this saturday I am taking the day off , but will probably be working on the truck non stop until its done , there is still a bunch of bodywork that needs to get done . the whole bed and tailgate , both fenders hood , valance , 

• Like 2

I just dont want to run out of days , I'm gonna leave it up to you .

Ok....no time to order custom paint unless its here by thursday.....anybody willing let me know....

........cannot have it later than that.....

Otherwise........it's just gonna be...........

:confused:

• Like 1

Very nice work scooter, I will be scared to drive it when I win it. Going to look too good, will become a trailer  queen   :angel:

Edit, I meant moving conveyance, some here find the "T" word offensive

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!! "Mr-perfect-paint-620" too afraid to drive the 521???!!!!!   I highly doubt that!!!!  :)  You're already used to driving an immaculate rig!  It's someone that drives beaters that I'm worried for.....they're not used to worrying about door dings. :)

• Like 1

Ok....no time to order custom paint unless its here by thursday.....anybody willing let me know....

........cannot have it later than that.....

Otherwise........it's just gonna be...........

:confused:

Paint it white for now, then the red can get added later if desired.  The white will certainly stand out and tie in with the rest of the truck.............and we'll easily see any leaks!! LOL!! :)

• Like 3

That cab... wow. Nice work scooter!

Let's not forget the transportation to and from the body shop. That shit ain't free either. Great work and contributions all around.

Let's bust some panels out.

• Like 5

I've taken all the comments and suggestions into consideration........

..............I'm going with Periwinkle.......

:rofl:

• Like 2

Let's not forget the transportation to and from the body shop. That shit ain't free either. Great work and contributions all around.

There is no way we could have any of this without Evil Santa & Bowtie Towing .  Thanks Troy ! 

IMAG0578_zpsw5yasi4c.jpg

So if you need something towed ( Anywhere ) give Troy a call . Mention Ratsun and get a special datsun rate !

• Like 6

Last Saturday, I went to Eugene, to do some work on the Canby truck.  This is just a picture of a rolling frame.

CanbyTruckFrame_zps4f7jixxz.jpg

DMB suggested I work on the dashboard, specifically, the wires.  But first, looking for parts, switches, the harness, all those details.

CanbyTruckDash_zpspzqmfwk7.jpg

I did get four of the six bolts holding the dash top, to the dash board from the parts originally in "rabbit pen" the truck before it became the Canby truck.  The dasboard, and 520 dash top above were donated.  I also cleaned the dash switches, and worked them with WD-40, to get them moving again.

However, rabbits, or whatever animals were living in "rabbit pen" has chewed the wiring harness pretty bad.  That wiring harness was going to need a lot of work. 

But thanks to mklotz70, A much better wiring harness was shipped to me to use.  I am going through it, and hopefully, I can take it back down to Eugene, and get the truck wired.

The box of wires, as it arrived. 

CanbyTruckWires_zpsrvhpwqj7.jpg

Engine room harness

CanbyEngineWires_zpsmvase0ml.jpg

Cab, or dashboard harness.

CanbyDashWires_zpsafc3odqn.jpg

Frame or bed harness.

CanbyFrameWires_zpsh0wo3lk6.jpg

• Like 7

With the quality of this build so far, the real winner will be whoever gets the proceeds from the ticket sales. Everyone who attends Canby should buy at least $100 worth of tickets. Also, props to all that have donated their labor, because without that, the parts mean nothing (so to speak). I have offered to Al to supply funds to buy you guys lunch one day, so if you want a free lunch in exchange for some manual labor, I'm buying! Busta, if your interested, shoot me a PM to discuss a donation toward the engine build, but you have to paint the engine hemi orange. (JK)

Mark

• Like 5

Wow, a lot can happen over the course of two days... And holy shit the cab looks incredible! I will make it over as soon as I have a day off Al, I want to get some body work in!

• Like 2