2015 CANBY TRUCK

denmarkboy

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

U have a spot I could park one of my kingcabs for a week or 2? City on my ass....unlawful storage of a non running vehicle. Yes! I feel the urge to use four letter words.

I wish I had a place to park my own truck! I'm down by campus, have one parking spot (occupied by my ladies much nicer Jeep GC), and have to pay to park my truck on the street. Worst part is, it appears that someone kicked the side and hit the back with a bottle, the first night it was out... Joy joy

• Like 1

I vote paint, but as close as the stock color as you can get, keep it looking factory.

Yes I would like my block painted , blue to go with the rest of the truck. Save me the trouble of having to do it when I get it home   :rofl:

I cannot match the blue..........not even close with a stock rattle can......nothing around here....

I refuse to paint the block the Ford blue......

That's why black or patina......

I would love to make it the blue of the window and dash......too much for a custom color....

.......already dumping $500 and endless labor for this.....Janksun is the only donator towards the engine aside from labor from the local crew...

Eastbay has supplied me with a carb rebuild kit........

I want Patina becuz it will stand out.....black will just blend in with the rest of the truck.....

Votes cuntinue.......

• Like 1

Napa sells duplicolor Engine enamel, there Is A Primer, MANY Different Color Choices, & Clear coat Specifically for Engines. I used these on my engine,& they worked great. Not very expensive either. 20140709_141307.jpg20140729_182941.jpg

• Like 2

You guys are kickin ass on this build!!!  Great job guys and gals!!!

Most automotive paint is good to about 350 degrees Fahrenheit so it works fine for engine paint.  That is how Foose and all the others match there engine paint color to the body color.  The do not pay for custom mixed engine paint. 

Check the manufacturer for the temp rating of the paint to be used.  They have to have a high temp rating to hold up in the desert.

I think you should have jrock powder coat the engine to match the dash and accent color.

I would do the cast iron the skyblue has....black.... or rust....

.....you know i LOVE orange.......but it's chebby orange... :poop:

Not sure if I have time to wait for a custom color at this point.....I'll check first thing tomorrow......

• Like 1

Napa sells duplicolor Engine enamel, there Is A Primer, MANY Different Color Choices, & Clear coat Specifically for Engines. I used these on my engine,& they worked great. Not very expensive either. 

That's wht I've used for every engine I've built.......

• Like 1

snapback.png

And another parts update : 

The truck received another great donation yesterday ,   Datsunrides has donated front and rear window rubbers for the truck !  

Another member from the Ratsun community stepping up .   !

Don't want my truck leaking water into the cab.

LOL.

Seriously, keep up the good work and glad I could contribute to the build.

Mark

• Like 3

I'm with Rhino here. It should be painted...............this time. :devil:

That's where I'm the opposite......

Ratty truck should have a flawless engine bay......

Perfect truck with the OG block......I would do it......but doesn't seem to be the majority.....

Paint is fine.....just gonna blend in with the rest of the truck though.....

Pink??

• Like 3

My daughter would love this color...... :lol:

......but not for the truck.....

if I remember correctly it's Pontiac blue. I wasn't going to paint it Ford blue either. I wanted a color that would stand out a little, but not be too "loud". Something that would be a nice contrast to the green body color of my truck.

20150124_195631.jpg

• Like 3

Is the block going to be hot tanked to clean out all the water passages?  That will also get rid of the patina on the outside, so it will need paint.

If it stays patina, it has to be cleared, or the rust will probably run down and it would be a PITA to clean up any leaks.

If painted...black is about the best choice...IMO.....to hide any leaks/spills.

Part of me loves the idea of the patina, but I wonder how many people will look at it and think...."WTF? After all the work and $'s that went into this truck, they couldn't paint the block?"   Tough call.....one I'm not going to make.  It is a Ratsun truck......but it's sure not going to look like one from the outside!!  Of "touch of ratsun" wouldn't be a bad thing.  Good luck with making the decision!!! lol

• Like 6