2015 CANBY TRUCK

denmarkboy

Come on Mike......you think MY engine is gonna leak??........ :crying:

:lol: ....no f'n way dude.....

Not getting tanked......hit with the washer one more time to get the nasty blue off.....

I'm sorry guys.....the pontiac blue is hideous for this......close clashes.....it's either exact or something completely different.....

.......plus......I refuse to paint a Japanese engine a Domestic color.....I just can't do it.....my hands won't let me......

The other thing is not many of us care what people think...especially me.....

........people do crazy shit to cars all the time.....and there are good reasons behind them....sometimes.....

..........in this case I think it would give it character and a story.....people will talk about how this truck came together becuz they'll wonder why the block is rusty.....

The more I read people reasons for painting the block the more I wanna leave it rusty......

.........if someone spills some shit....they will clean it weather it's painted or not......or they won't give a fuck.....

Patina is winning..........we have till 5pm to present better arguments....... :D

LOL!!!  Busta!......sorry dude!!!  I meant no dis by that!  They all tend to leak eventually.....don't they?   The only cars I've ever had that didn't leak were the new ones I've bought.  Anyway......I wasn't try to say that your work will leak.......just playing devils advocate to show reasons to go either way.

I think you're right about leaving it patina.  I do like the cast iron and black, but there's no other cast iron in the engine bay or on the truck and the black will just disappear since the frame is black.  I also agree that if it doesn't match just right.....close isn't good enough.  And....as I said before....the patina will give it a touch of ratsun that the rest of the truck just doesn't have.  It will make a statement.  Hmmm.....maybe a pinstriper can do something under the hood or on the air cleaner to say something to the effect.....that it's still a Ratsun at heart......or has the heart of a Ratsun.....or ...40 years in the making......anyway....

pm me your paypal and I'll send you $20 for a can of clear engine paint and a beer. :)

• Like 5
  • Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL!!!  Busta!......sorry dude!!!  I meant no dis by that!  They all tend to leak eventually.....don't they?   The only cars I've ever had that didn't leak were the new ones I've bought.  Anyway......I wasn't try to say that your work will leak.......just playing devils advocate to show reasons to go either way.

I think you're right about leaving it patina.  I do like the cast iron and black, but there's no other cast iron in the engine bay or on the truck and the black will just disappear since the frame is black.  I also agree that if it doesn't match just right.....close isn't good enough.  And....as I said before....the patina will give it a touch of ratsun that the rest of the truck just doesn't have.  It will make a statement.  Hmmm.....maybe a pinstriper can do something under the hood or on the air cleaner to say something to the effect.....that it's still a Ratsun at heart......or has the heart of a Ratsun.....or ...40 years in the making......anyway....

pm me your paypal and I'll send you $20 for a can of clear engine paint and a beer. :)

I took no offense man.....it's all fun here..... :thumbup:

PM sent.....

• Like 3

Alright, I'm changing my answer to patina. Busta you said it right, you can't put a domestic color on an old Japanese engine. If it can't get the same color as the wheels and dash, then it shouldn't change.

• Like 3

^^........again.......can't do American colors.........

I just can't bring myself to do it................sorry...... guess I'm racist against some cars.......

......so do the rising sun on the side of the block :) 

• Like 6

What if we said it was Egyptian black? 

That's not that dark..... :rofl:

......so do the rising sun on the side of the block :)

FUCK YA!!

......wonder if I have enough time to play with this idea..... :sneaky:

• Like 4

^^........again.......can't do American colors.........

I just can't bring myself to do it................sorry...... guess I'm racist against some cars.......

Isn't your valve cover and oil pan Chevy orange? Hmmmm??
  • Like 4

Here's my argument. If it was the numbers matching engine then I would say leave it cause that's a story, original engine still running after 40+ years. True patina. But since it's not, what's the story y'all are refering to? Juts the a rusty replacement engine inside a super clean truck. To me it seems like there was no time to paint so it was a rush job. In the end ill paint it when I get the truck home. :D

That's all I have to say 'bout that.

• Like 6

Here's my argument. If it was the numbers matching engine then I would say leave it cause that's a story, original engine still running after 40+ years. True patina. But since it's not, what's the story y'all are refering to? Juts the a rusty replacement engine inside a super clean truck. To me it seems like there was no time to paint so it was a rush job. In the end ill paint it when I get the truck home. :D

That's all I have to say 'bout that.

Well.....numbers matching or not....it's a 40 year old engine.....true patina....an OG L series......

To you??

......you know the story and that it's not a rush job......

............if you are referring to the people that judge things before they know what's up......fuck them......

Argument cuntinues....... :rofl:

• Like 1

Thanks Charlie , but I have solved the wiring harness issue . Mr Klotz is going to ship me a harness , we had already discussed it previously . 

I did need to touch base with you about the metal ash tray . I have a plastic one we can use if the metal one isnt an option . 

I cannot find my stash of ash trays.  They seem to have disappeared.  If you run the plastic 521 ash tray in the 520 metal dash top use the metal ring that is in the 521 dash in the 520 dash top it helps the 521 plastic ash tray fit tighter and not rattle.

If you need the 4 wire light switch let me know and I will ship it to you.

Damn now I have to climb back into the attic and put the dash away with the harness.  LOL

• Like 1