2015 CANBY TRUCK

denmarkboy

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

might I suggest that the person who draws the ticket, didn't buy one himself/herself. Not saying anyone would be dishonest, but some might complain if the person pulls their own ticket.

Actually just had a conversation with Dave Bothwell , ( Datsan Northwest )

And we talked about this very topic , His reply to my question was " We usually pick a kid from the crowd " .  

that works for me . 

• Like 5

I'm not sure if it's ironic or sad that one of the two people jumping on the stickers has already put in tons of his own money!  Everybody but Denmarkboy should be jumping on these and Busta should have set the price at $10ea! 

I'd like to remind all the viewers that haven't pitched in yet......those two guys need your help desperately!!!!!  They're normal guys with the same tight budgets as everyone else, but they're eating eating PB&J sandwiches(so to speak) to make this happen.  When they signed on to this project, it was just a mild build.....now it's an over the top restoration with a similar budget!!!  Every $5 you can send is $5 that Al and Anthony don't have to spend on it.......and trust me........they're both invested heavily in this project. 

I know there's been a lot of support from a lot of people and it is truly appreciated!!!!!  But, if you're sitting there thinking that you can't help or donate enough to make a difference or that it's already covered......please think again!!!!  Give up a coffee, beer, or pack of cigs and send them $5.......or $20.  That "free" paint job still cost well in excess of $500 just in supplies!!  The paint job is beautiful thanks to Scooter, but 90% of the work was in the preperation. 

I hate to beg, but please dig deep here guys......there's still a long way to go to get this finished!! 

Your right so lets just say i gave him enough for15 tickets and i want only 2.

• Like 4

Actually just had a conversation with Dave Bothwell , ( Datsan Northwest )

And we talked about this very topic , His reply to my question was " We usually pick a kid from the crowd " .  

that works for me . 

Keep it random! That works!

• Like 3

snapback.png

IMAG3727_1_zpsxsu6zjqf.jpg
“DATSUN DRIVING CANBY FUN”
In celebration Datsuns Northwest is going to give away a 1970 Datsun 521 truck.
The truck is a 1970 Datsun 521, 1600, 4 speed truck.
The truck is being donated to Datsuns Northwest by Denmarkboy & Datslocos Datsun Club of California/Oregon/washigton

TICKET INFO : 5 DOLLARS EACH . LIMIT OF 200 TICKETS PER PERSON

ALL PROCEEDS FROM THE RAFFLE WILL BE GOING TO CHARITY CHOOSEN BY : Datsuns Northwest
The finished truck will be raffled off at the 2015 10th annual “DATSUN DRIVING CANBY FUN” event on Sunday at the awards presentation. Raffle tickets will be sold at the event only and will be $5.00 each, must be present to win. The winner will receive a legal drivable 521 truck.

DONATED  CANBY TRUCK PARTS :    DONATED BY :                                                 
FRONT BRAKES & KING PIN ....................................................mklotz70

SEATS & DOOR CARDS    ..........................................................................ratdat3
PARTS TRANSPORT & LABOR / FOOD / ROAD TRIP............................. hobospyder
TRANSPORTATION ................................................................................... eagle_adam
DASH BOARD ............................................................................................. uberkevin
IGNITION SYSTEM & SWITCHES  ............................................................. charlie69
TRANSPORTATION .................................................................................... fastdadd
FRONT TURN LENSES ............................................................................... skyblue
POWDER COATING ..................................................................................... jrock4224
HOOD AND LABOR ...................................................................................... jester
KNOBS & SHIFTER ...................................................................................... mattndew76
521 TRUCK ................................................................................................... datslocos & denmarkboy
INFORMATION AND SUPPORT .................................................................... ratsun
EVENT & RAFFLE ......................................................................................... datsuns northwest
PAYPAL & TOWING ....................................................................................... bowtie towing aka "Evil Santa"
BUILD BOARD & GRAPHICS ......................................................................... the graphics shop
STEERING WHEEL & WING WINDOWS & HUBS........................................ wayno  
RATSUN GRILL BADGE & RATSUN SHIFT KNOB ....................................... Dime Dave 
CRAZY ROAD TRIP TO DONATE LABOR ......................................................Busta Nut
LABOR & ROAD TRIP ......................................................................................Farmer
CRAZY ROAD TRIP & LABOR ........................................................................ Eastbay521 & copilot
LABOR / LUNCH / LIQUIDS & REAR BRAKES................................................ Draker
HUB CAP .......................................................................................................... 67_1600
ENGINE  REBUILD ........................................................................................... Datsun life
REAR BRAKES & MANY LUNCHS & CARPET & VALVE COVER .................. ]2eDeYe
FUNDRAISING DONATION .............................................................................. Kirden
PAINTER & PAINT BOOTH / PAINT/ LABOR.....................................................scooter stuff 
FUNDRAISING DONATION .............................................................................. Seansm 10
DOGLEG 5 SPEED  &  TIRES   ......................................................................... harlow
DONATION / LABOR / ROAD TRIP / TRANSPORTAION................................. Rick-rat
DOOR RUBBERS  & LED LIGHTS ................................................................... Tendril
LABOR ................................................................................................................ Hogie
LABOR ................................................................................................................ h5wagaon
LABOR ................................................................................................................ Rhino13 

BODY PANEL DIPPING & BATTERY.................................................................. maltese

TAILGATE CABLES ............................................................................................ arizonajones

METAL DIPPING SERVICES .............................................................................. bo

FUSE BLOCK & WINDOW CHANNELS .............................................................. Daniel C

LABOR ................................................................................................................. Brohemius 

LABOR ................................................................................................................. TasoZ24

WINDSHIELD & REAR GLASS RUBBERS ......................................................... Datsunrides

PAYPAL DONATIONS CAN BE MADE : Tbowtie@comcast.netplease make donations as a gift , to avoid 8% fee per transaction.

PAYPAL DONATIONS :    ]2eDeYe   a6m-zero  Justin Berni    hobosyder

Charlie69  Gradyfest   zed 1     Lime D. ZezE     Janksun   Mrbigtanker 

THANK YOU TO ALL OF YOU DONATING PARTS AND LABOR .
       87acd5a1-0505-4d71-a241-5bcdeb938755_zps                                                 1d791ab1-3748-43bd-97f2-c07f109ed680_zps
                                                                          header-image3_zpsxw6uiqjj.jpg
     674f4a1e-2d87-4617-81ea-5657144c2d80_zps                                                                  90b3f0fb-7cb3-4e14-bf87-df29436a0d9a_zps

40c7a9ca-81d8-44ba-ad9d-f9c72acf06c8_zps                        d3868d73-2225-4f98-b3e4-78ee29a0f58e_zps   1f652a55-984d-4366-9332-ef29def30cf7_zps                           2d81198a-0c7e-473e-8f0a-2478503cd800_zpssnapback.png
 ffa48b98-84b5-473c-81ca-598527282b62_zps1397610931_zpsfrrq03zl.pnghttp://www.bluehandsinc.com          http://eugenegraphicsshop.com           http://www.youtube.c.../bluehandsvideo.
 http://datsunsnw.org              http://www.md-machinist.com        http://www.futofab.com/                       

https://www.facebook...939484376066394      

PARTS STILL NEEDED FOR THE BUILD                                                                            labor                                                                                                        transportation                                                                                            

labor                                                                                          gas tank refurbish                        trans mount fab                           body work           

• Like 1

"That "free" paint job still cost well in excess of $500 just in supplies!!  The paint job is beautiful thanks to Scooter, but 90% of the work was in the preperation"

WTF! That "free paint job" ? how did you come up with $ 500 when I donated most of the bodywork & prep materials and 100% of the paint materials! I also donated 10+ hrs of rust repair and welding materials. I also negotiated $1500 in metal dipping down to $300. our shop also donated the paint booth for 2 shoots, each one adding $200 to our utility bill not to mention my 6-8 hrs labor that the shop donated at $80hr

All in all our donations of labor, goods and sevices total well over $2000! The next time you pull me into one of your rants, GET YOUR FUCKING FACTS STRAIGHT!     

• Like 3

"That "free" paint job still cost well in excess of $500 just in supplies!!  The paint job is beautiful thanks to Scooter, but 90% of the work was in the preperation"

WTF! That "free paint job" ? how did you come up with $ 500 when I donated most of the bodywork & prep materials and 100% of the paint materials! I also donated 10+ hrs of rust repair and welding materials. I also negotiated $1500 in metal dipping down to $300. our shop also donated the paint booth for 2 shoots, each one adding $200 to our utility bill not to mention my 6-8 hrs labor that the shop donated at $80hr

All in all our donations of labor, goods and sevices total well over $2000! The next time you pull me into one of your rants, GET YOUR FUCKING FACTS STRAIGHT!

I would like to say your reading that wrong. And can we please the truck painted..and scooter for what ever it's worth you are right on for donating all you did.

• Like 3

Scooter , this is being misunderstood , we have had other donation made towards this paint deal , towing , people buying fillters , sandpaper , there fuel to get here , duraglas , other bondo ... etc . 

No ones donation in the paint process has been as big as yours ,and everyone is grateful , but no one part of this build has been done by any one single person  , And the collective effort is easy to see .

This was meant to get others involed , not the opposite .

• Like 1

Scooter....my apologies!!  It wasn't a rant or meant as any kind of dis towards you.   You just strengthened my point very well!!!!!   I was just trying to make sure everyone realized that when you offered to paint the truck for free, that it wasn't anywhere close to free!!  Granted, I didn't have any clue about the extent of your donations.....I just knew there was about $500 that had also been put into it on top of what you put in.  I wanted people to be aware that someone is still paying for all of this in one form or another!!!  You part of this project has been the most pivotal part!!!!  It would have been a nice, safe daily driver without the paint job.  Your paint job to it to a level beyond anyone's expectations!!!  I'm completely impressed and can't thank you enough for what you've done!!  Because of the level you've brought it to, I'm sending a couple more boxes of NOS stuff to help make sure the rest of the truck compares to the paint.

Again....I'm sorry that I wasn't more clear....reading it back, I can see how you'd take it the way you did....it truly wasn't meant in that way.....a lot is lost in text(a big reason I'm not on the forums like I used to be).....but, if anything, it will open a lot more eyes as to just how much is going into this truck!!!  People who don't do paint still think that paint jobs can be done for a couple hundred bucks.  They don't realize that you can spend $100 just on sanding supplies.  I think Al can vouch for my intentions on this matter. 

• Like 7

Scooter....my apologies!!  It wasn't a rant or meant as any kind of dis towards you.   You just strengthened my point very well!!!!!   I was just trying to make sure everyone realized that when you offered to paint the truck for free, that it wasn't anywhere close to free!!  Granted, I didn't have any clue about the extent of your donations.....I just knew there was about $500 that had also been put into it on top of what you put in.  I wanted people to be aware that someone is still paying for all of this in one form or another!!!  You part of this project has been the most pivotal part!!!!  It would have been a nice, safe daily driver without the paint job.  Your paint job to it to a level beyond anyone's expectations!!!  I'm completely impressed and can't thank you enough for what you've done!!  Because of the level you've brought it to, I'm sending a couple more boxes of NOS stuff to help make sure the rest of the truck compares to the paint.

Again....I'm sorry that I wasn't more clear....reading it back, I can see how you'd take it the way you did....it truly wasn't meant in that way.....a lot is lost in text(a big reason I'm not on the forums like I used to be).....but, if anything, it will open a lot more eyes as to just how much is going into this truck!!!  People who don't do paint still think that paint jobs can be done for a couple hundred bucks.  They don't realize that you can spend $100 just on sanding supplies.  I think Al can vouch for my intentions on this matter.

Fair enough.. Let's move on with the build.

• Like 5

There is probably another 30+ hrs of bodywork to be done on the hood, fenders, tail gate, and bed. All that is painted is the cab and doors.

It sure looks shinny though!!

and more paint , 3 coats .

IMAG0594_zpszh2nggfs.jpgIMAG0595_zpslhiwi53j.jpgIMAG0596_zpsdreuvtve.jpgIMAG0598_zps81xeubfd.jpgIMAG0600_zpsfskziuqs.jpgIMAG0601_zpsxfblj0rj.jpgIMAG0602_zpsw5k2xpgp.jpgIMAG0603_zpsqsynrwqf.jpgIMAG0604_zps0zwwdaa0.jpg

• Like 8