• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KoHeartsGPA

• datzenmike

• Draker

• a.d._510_n_ok

Top Posters In This Topic

Its one phone that belonged to a dead terrorist,he doesnt need anymore "rights"  The government really doesnt give a shit about anybody's cell phone,unless you have something to hide.

Yes they do.

Thinking this is exactly what got us the overreaching patriot act...

Imagine if you have something private you want to keep private but decide to run for public office or apply for a tax dollar paid position, and somehow they managed to dig out this secret (since this tech is for a terrorist).. Say the secret isnt illegal but embarrassing for you or family.. 

In this scenario you decide that you want this public office but have to go against a embedded party line incumbent. Somehow this so called code was leaked to another department run by this incumbent or his associate. Now your private secret is being used for entrapment or coercion to drop out.

Speaking of coercion. Image for one moment that you have an acquaintance to some person of interest, and what do they have on YOU to force you to be their mole? You haven't committed a crime or broken any laws, but if they wanted to use anything against you... they will

Don't take your right to privacy so lightly, and don't trust your government to be trust worthy and noble either. Ed Snowden let us know how much contempt the government has for its citizens, and how they spy on the people to give insiders cronies financial info too. 

• Like 4

I agree with that, but I do think in this one case Apple could help out so we could find more terrorists.  Too many lives have been lost not to follow up on the leads.  However, I don't think Apple was wrong to not originally want to cooperate.  And it really does undermine their ability to say their products are unhackable if they can do it.  However, fuck Apple, I don't have an I-anything and I'm happy about it.  Besides that, it doesn't matter what you have, someone will always find a way to get into it.  The means by which they get into it do matter though.

I agree with that, but I do think in this one case Apple could help out so we could find more terrorists. Too many lives have been lost not to follow up on the leads. However, I don't think Apple was wrong to not originally want to cooperate. And it really does undermine their ability to say their products are unhackable if they can do it. However, fuck Apple, I don't have an I-anything and I'm happy about it. Besides that, it doesn't matter what you have, someone will always find a way to get into it. The means by which they get into it do matter though.

I agree. Apple has cracked its own encryption 70 times before when presented a warrant, but now the demand is that the master key be given to the federal government so they don't have to offer up a warrant to look. They want apple to program an open door into every i-product with the next update iOS. It's now not being put forward as a request either. The FEDS are trying to force the company to do so under an ancient 1700's law.

I want the terrorists to be caught but not at the expense of freedom of our thoughts and privacy.

• Like 4

Here's more Murica change for you.

http://www.apple.com/customer-letter/

Dicks.

Agreed. If you have nothing to hide what's the problem??? Every time I hear that a terrorist was sending encoded messages it pisses me off. It's like Apple made them just for illegal users.

You used to expect the phone to be private and it was at one time, but it could be tapped with a lot of trouble. You used to think your home was safe from entry and search but not any more. If you can get a judge to issue a search warrant or wire tap if there is probable cause why not a third neutral party to decide if the FBI has good cause on a case by case basis. In this case I think unanimously yes. Then dump the phone history and search through it for only selected info that is in the warrant and hand info over. FBI does not get the technology. Your privacy is safe as long as you are not a threat to everyone else. 

Yes they do.

Thinking this is exactly what got us the overreaching patriot act...

Imagine if you have something private you want to keep private but decide to run for public office or apply for a tax dollar paid position, and somehow they managed to dig out this secret (since this tech is for a terrorist).. Say the secret isnt illegal but embarrassing for you or family.. 

In this scenario you decide that you want this public office but have to go against a embedded party line incumbent. Somehow this so called code was leaked to another department run by this incumbent or his associate. Now your private secret is being used for entrapment or coercion to drop out.

Speaking of coercion. Image for one moment that you have an acquaintance to some person of interest, and what do they have on YOU to force you to be their mole? You haven't committed a crime or broken any laws, but if they wanted to use anything against you... they will

Don't take your right to privacy so lightly, and don't trust your government to be trust worthy and noble either. Ed Snowden let us know how much contempt the government has for its citizens, and how they spy on the people to give insiders cronies financial info too. 

I'll stick with the "government doesnt really give a shit" but im not paranoid and i hate terrorists and the way they operate.

I'll stick with the "government doesnt really give a shit" but im not paranoid and i hate terrorists and the way they operate.

Do you think having no trust for the government makes a person paranoid?

Your litmus test seems very narrow on scope if this is your only requirement for paranoia. 

0ff2250865863284833d2decced78f35.jpg

• Like 3

tumblr_nxkihjbLrg1rc5hfyo1_540.png

Circular Reasoning, also known as Circular Logic, is a logical fallacy in which the reasoner begins with what they are trying to end with. It is a pragmatic defect in an argument whereby the premises are just as much in need of proof or evidence as the conclusion, and as a consequence the argument fails to persuade.

Source:carlsagan
  • Like 1

Whether I have photos of body dump sites or pics of my son riding his bike on my phone, I don't want someone to be able to access it unless I show it to them.

You wouldn't want someone to watch through the window as you screwed your lady, why would you like for anyone to be able to access your phone info.

Privacy is privacy and you shouldn't want it to be easier for the largest crook conglomerate in the US to get what they want.

• Like 5