• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KoHeartsGPA

• datzenmike

• Draker

• a.d._510_n_ok

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes they do.

Thinking this is exactly what got us the overreaching patriot act...

Imagine if you have something private you want to keep private but decide to run for public office or apply for a tax dollar paid position, and somehow they managed to dig out this secret (since this tech is for a terrorist).. Say the secret isnt illegal but embarrassing for you or family.. 

In this scenario you decide that you want this public office but have to go against a embedded party line incumbent. Somehow this so called code was leaked to another department run by this incumbent or his associate. Now your private secret is being used for entrapment or coercion to drop out.

Speaking of coercion. Image for one moment that you have an acquaintance to some person of interest, and what do they have on YOU to force you to be their mole? You haven't committed a crime or broken any laws, but if they wanted to use anything against you... they will

Don't take your right to privacy so lightly, and don't trust your government to be trust worthy and noble either. Ed Snowden let us know how much contempt the government has for its citizens, and how they spy on the people to give insiders cronies financial info too. 

Do you think having no trust for the government makes a person paranoid?

Your litmus test seems very narrow on scope if this is your only requirement for paranoia. 

0ff2250865863284833d2decced78f35.jpg

Its that paragraph that sounds paranoid.Sorry if i call it paranoia.Im a level headed person that see's things pretty clearly when it comes to reality.I dont care for the government much and dont fully trust some of its employees. Most of us are a fly on a gnats ass to them and they really dont have time or resources to fuck with the average Joe.I find it funny that people can be so leary of their privacy yet they play on the internet with phones and computers which means its all there to see if someone wants to find it.

• Like 1

Its that paragraph that sounds paranoid.Sorry if i call it paranoia.Im a level headed person that see's things pretty clearly when it comes to reality.I dont care for the government much and dont fully trust some of its employees. Most of us are a fly on a gnats ass to them and they really dont have time or resources to fuck with the average Joe.I find it funny that people can be so leary of their privacy yet they play on the internet with phones and computers which means its all there to see if someone wants to find it.

Apples and oranges, you're just ok with giving the government the key to your life.....sad.

• Like 1

It's really quite similar. The end goal of any leadership/governing body is to understand and predict their subjects. Internet companies are mining data from our every keystroke. This information was a huge investment for Google in the 90's. And now that information is extremely valuable. They now have data that yields targeted advertising, predictive typing, time of day specific marketing. This tip of the iceberg should be recognized for what it is. And all of that data can be run and rerun under different parameters to find our more about us. It's kinda like Terminator, where machines took over the world. But different in that they've managed to maintain us as their employees manning the warship so to speak. Point being, until The Arnold comes to take our pride, we are being studied. And that information is extremely dangerous in the wrong hands. Our phones private information is really the exact same threat. They don't want subpoena'd instances, they want big data. They want to see all of our phones.

And I don't blame them. How many parent have phone trackers on their kids phones? Oh right, that's only to be used if they are abducted....

You have to factor in that an iphone has a video camera and a microphone that could be turned on at any time..  Any time.

I trust the goverment with some stuff but watching everything i do in the privacy of my own space,, no

Hell there is a hiway tolling service the government runs in Washington called "Good To Go" and one of the operators just got busted for stealing credit card information...

http://www.kiro7.com/news/good-to-go-customers-credit-cards-stolen-in-64000-scam/92835044

KIRO 7 News learned the woman who stole the credit card information worked at the Seattle Good To Go customer service center

• Like 3

Your have to factor in that an iphone has a video camera and a microphone that could be turned on at any time..  Any time.

I trust the goverment with some stuff but watching everything i do in the privacy of my own space,, no

Hell there is a hiway tolling service the government runs in Washington called "Good To Go" and one of the operators just got busted for stealing credit card information...

http://www.kiro7.com/news/good-to-go-customers-credit-cards-stolen-in-64000-scam/92835044

KIRO 7 News learned the woman who stole the credit card information worked at the Seattle Good To Go customer service center

Shocking......ya.....wrong hands case in point.

• Like 1

Fuck government and their shenanigans, they claim they will only use it for terrorism.....they made the same claim with the patriot act......we all know the rest of the story.....and it'll be repeated if Apple opens the back door for this technology.

You have to factor in that an iphone has a video camera and a microphone that could be turned on at any time..  Any time.

It's good that Apple is soundly against the idea. They value privacy and security.. and by building a workaround it would devalue their company and reputation. They were the #1 company in the world... which I believe just got passed by Alphabet (google). The amount of data that lives on one's personal device is way to sensitive to just backdoor. Sure it's just a phone... but the iPad is the same thing. These are used in banks, government, you name it.. OSX very similar deal.

Think of this... Apple creates a backdoor. Unlocks the device.. great. Terrorist downloads a separate encryption application... all that work is down the shitter. Apple devices themselves would be known as insecure... and damage their company heavily. Yet, the device with one additional step, is more secure than it ever was.

Fuck you FBI. Who do you think you are.

• Like 2

John McAfee says hes going to hack the Iphone.

This could be interesting though personally, methinks its a bit of dick waving on his behalf to suck up to the Feds.

http://www.news.com.au/technology/online/hacking/eccentric-programmer-john-mcafee-has-claimed-he-will-crack-the-iphone-at-the-centre-of-a-war-between-apple-and-the-fbi/news-story/7bca775f5f1e5d549d91d93c78c3a16b

• Like 1

John McAfee says hes going to hack the Iphone.

This could be interesting though personally, methinks its a bit of dick waving on his behalf to suck up to the Feds.

http://www.news.com.au/technology/online/hacking/eccentric-programmer-john-mcafee-has-claimed-he-will-crack-the-iphone-at-the-centre-of-a-war-between-apple-and-the-fbi/news-story/7bca775f5f1e5d549d91d93c78c3a16b

I wonder if he wants to give a little to get a little?

On November 12, 2012, Belize police started a search for McAfee as a "person of interest" in connection to the murder of American expatriate Gregory Viant Faull. Faull was found dead of a gunshot wound on November 11, 2012, at his home on the island of Ambergris Caye, the largest island in Belize.

• Like 1

I wonder if he wants to give a little to get a little?

On November 12, 2012, Belize police started a search for McAfee as a "person of interest" in connection to the murder of American expatriate Gregory Viant Faull. Faull was found dead of a gunshot wound on November 11, 2012, at his home on the island of Ambergris Caye, the largest island in Belize.

This is what I was alluding to ^^^^^^^

Good spotting fella!

• Like 1

That would be a bad day for America's people who support our constitutional rights....everyone loses from this!

Quite the contrary.No-one gets to ignore a warrant issued with probable cause by a court of law. It just isn't going to happen.ANd what constitutional right does this violate?
  • Like 1