• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KoHeartsGPA

• datzenmike

• Draker

• a.d._510_n_ok

Top Posters In This Topic

This might ring true today, but I'm sick of the mentality that Democracy is the problem. Would you rather a dictatorship, or a return to the monarchy that put Oscar Wild in prison for being gay? Cynicism may get laughs, but it's still a victim mentality. Oh how the world love a whiner though, because it supports the rationalization that apathy is strength. The only thing wrong with Mercan Democracy are the hoards of lazy weak ass apathetic bitches that do nothing but complain about Democracy rather than using it to actually do something. These are the same fools who think they can simply vote their way out of this mess. 

I don't need to prefer anything and my quote is not reflective of any serious view I hold. 

USA is a Republic 1st and a democracy 2nd.

• Like 3

I don't need to prefer anything and my quote is not reflective of any serious view I hold. 

USA is a Republic 1st and a democracy 2nd.

No where in the founding documentation does it mention "Democracy"!  The US Constitution guaranteees to the citizens "A Republican Form of Government",  READ IT BEFORE YOU START TO BLOVATE!  The American Founding Fathers were already in fear of what was to be the downfall of "Mobracracy" such as the follow on French Revolution.  This was a basic underlying cause for the New England [can you spell Dole?] Missionary revolt that led to the overthrow of the Native Hawaiian monarchy [save for Prince Kuhio who became the first Hawaiian Representative in the US House of Representatives as a non votiving member] and the eventual incorporation of Hawaii into the American sphere influence of assimulation! "OUR 49th State." 

• Like 2

OK, maybe I did get a little torqued up there, but founding documents? I'm saying Oscar Wilds comment about Democracy pisses me off, because I think democracy is not the problem, apathy is. If you have an issue with my blovated opinion, please feel free to explain why you disagree. I appreciate the history lesson and all, but are you guys saying we don't elect our representative leaders through a process called Democracy? Before you answer that let's clarify:

Democracy, or democratic system of government is where the people of a state are involved in making decisions about its affairs by voting to elect representatives. 

The US republic is a country that is organized with a form of government where power resides in Democratically elected individuals representing the citizens, and these government leaders exercise power according to the rule of law.

Unlike a dictatorship, or monarchy, the citizens of the US republic get to participate in a Democratic process to elect their leaders. My gripe is that most people criticizing democracy have no idea what it's actually worth. Or, maybe I just didn't get enough sleep last night. I'm not sure.

OK, maybe I did get a little torqued up there, but founding documents? I'm saying Oscar Wilde's comment about Democracy pisses me off, because I think democracy is not the problem, apathy is. If you have an issue with my blovated opinion

Wilde would be quite satisfied if his comment did stir something in people as he was like that,being pissed off with it is no issue for me cause I aint Oscar Wilde.

The manner of democracy in many countries does not match the original greek model or the Roman one but as I last recall in the US case is bit of both mixed in.

I don't have an issue with anyone's opinion cause they are entitled to it as much as I am. 

• Like 1

Follow up comment.

Australian politics has some aspects where it's same as this nomination process.

Here it's called "pre-selection" and in the two major parties - Liberal and Labor there's a lot of power broking that influences if not controls who the party puts forward for the general elections.

The Labor Party has had some reforms in this area and are trying to have it so that root and branch members vote on who is pre-selected as opposed to a small group of people who stand to benefit from who is chosen to run. 

Liberal Party has (arguably) a more open process with a bit more of actual party members getting to say who will be running BUT even still there's been recent news on some of those who would like to run being shoved out cause someone's "favourite" is being promoted as the choice too often.

So,it's a "democracy" here insomuch that people are on voting day able to pick someone from a party (the two majors or even 3rd party or independent) but it's mostly a two horse race.