bulletproof glass is now racist.

Philadelphia councilwoman pushing bill to remove protective glass barriers from convenience stores, for dignity of her constituents

http://www.leoaffairs.com/philadelphia-councilwoman-pushing-bill-remove-protective-glass-barriers-convenience-stores-dignity-constituents/

• Replies 28k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KoHeartsGPA

• datzenmike

• Draker

• a.d._510_n_ok

Top Posters In This Topic

Clinton kept his job, that was the crux of my "argument", actually just a statement of fact in contrast to someone whom stated about firing Bill Clinton, "Tried, or did it?" Again, Clinton kept his job.

He got away with it, there are many others on this page whom enjoy flaming the Clintons, I would have plenty of competition if they were my target.

And where were you when all the insults were travelling from right to left?

What you are actually saying in your final statement is that there should be rules of posting on this page (your rules I am assuming) to avoid "derogatory bs and name calling" all in service to the important task of maintaining online credibility on a used car web page which is viewed by maybe 10 people on a regular basis.

Sorry, I don't go to McDonalds for a filet mignon.

Back then I was only reading the posts and interjecting more troll inspired responses and memes aimed at both sides to show how undermining the mudslinging and name calling was to any sort of real political discussion that may happen in this thread, and then it got boring so I left.

I'm not sure how you can make a connection between the suggestion that both sides dropping the derogatory bs and name calling is attached to a desire for a set of rules, especially the jump to them some how being defined by me, from what I said.  If any set of "rules" was attached to the statement it would be the logical fallacies that are intended to make for a real and true debate without running off course into too many obstructive off topic rabbit holes.

Regardless of where the conversation is held, logically it would make sense that anyone involved would desire it to be held by those with a true intent of an open and fair debate, especially considering the opportunity given when the conversation has been granted a green light on a forum that would have deleted the thread immediately under normal circumstances. 

Although, it could just be that some involved would be so entrenched in their belief that they would become obtuse to the idea of having an educated and open conversation on politics and instead have an intense overriding desire for retribution of perceived past wrongs that must be righted to properly engage in any sort of real conversation.

Speaking of filet mignon, I had a great 16 oz. American Wagyu at The Metropolitan Grill last weekend, so buttery and tender, highly recommend.

This is perhaps why we all yearn for the past when things were simpler and made sense? I remember. But I also was much much younger and perhaps naive? Back then also had it's share of elders saying the same thing and their elders before them. The world is going to hell in a hand basket. But is it increasing or just keeping pace? Our civilization is faltering, has faltered. The things we can be proud of are buried under those that are disgusting and vile. I can't un-see them. Authority is undeserving of any respect. I disrepair that we/I will ever recover from this.

I remember a time before Cuz when all we had and talked about were Datsuns from a long ago dead era. Before we realized just how fucked up things really were. I long for that time.... Make Ratsun Great Again.

There's tons of cool stuff going on, and Ratsun is great in spite of us Yeahoos spouting off here in Cuz. One does not diminish the other.

The industrial revolution was  a quantum leap in social evolution as was the computer revolution. For the first time in history, the technology of the parent is obsolete within a single generation leaving them unable to pass on to their children what the need to survive in the future. This dramatically dilutes the existential meaning held in the process of initiation from child to adulthood. I believe this leaves modern society with a  deep sense of individual isolation and a powerful yearning to belong. With the decline in organized religion, I believe political identity has become a surrogate family for our emotionally underdeveloped Western civilization. 

Back then I was only reading the posts and interjecting more troll inspired responses and memes aimed at both sides to show how undermining the mudslinging and name calling was to any sort of real political discussion that may happen in this thread, and then it got boring so I left.

I'm not sure how you can make a connection between the suggestion that both sides dropping the derogatory bs and name calling is attached to a desire for a set of rules, especially the jump to them some how being defined by me, from what I said.  If any set of "rules" was attached to the statement it would be the logical fallacies that are intended to make for a real and true debate without running off course into too many obstructive off topic rabbit holes.

Regardless of where the conversation is held, logically it would make sense that anyone involved would desire it to be held by those with a true intent of an open and fair debate, especially considering the opportunity given when the conversation has been granted a green light on a forum that would have deleted the thread immediately under normal circumstances. 

Although, it could just be that some involved would be so entrenched in their belief that they would become obtuse to the idea of having an educated and open conversation on politics and instead have an intense overriding desire for retribution of perceived past wrongs that must be righted to properly engage in any sort of real conversation.

Speaking of filet mignon, I had a great 16 oz. American Wagyu at The Metropolitan Grill last weekend, so buttery and tender, highly recommend.

I like things in this thread operating how they do.

I am assuming the powers that be do as well as this thread has not been closed because all parties involved seem to be able to police themselves and treat each other relatively cordially. 

Some users discuss, some users troll etc., it's all in good wacky fun and representative of the world at large.

It's the internet f'christs sake, not exactly a paragon of authentic communication.

Is there a problem?

• Like 2

Are you suggesting about 1/2 of American voters are irrational ? that's an irrational suggestion.The thing i really don't get about what the left claims are Trump supporters is none of them i know are anything that's suggested.These people are small business owners and guys that go to work everyday and take care of themselves.My own daughter and son in law,both work,bought a house and have two kids,voted Trump.My father in law hates Trump loved Obama and lives in a fucking trailer park.Where does this myth about what a Trump supporter is come from ?

Why are you bending what I said into yet another personal offense? Obama on the left and Trump on the right, can you see the extreme difference there? I am clearly saying huge swings in the political pendulum are motivated by irrational thinking. If it makes you feel any better, I would say the same damn thing about Bush and Obama. Liberals were all fired up and so damn sure Obama was the answer to what was wrong with the country. If you think Trump is going to fix what wrong with this country, god bless you, but I think that's irrational. 

I like things in this thread operating how they do.

I am assuming the powers that be do as well as this thread has not been closed because all parties involved seem to be able to police themselves and treat each other relatively cordially. 

Some users discuss, some users troll etc., it's all in good wacky fun and representative of the world at large.

It's the internet f'christs sake, not exactly a paragon of authentic communication.

Is there a problem?

Yep, I'm bored again.

Why are you bending what I said into yet another personal offense? Obama on the left and Trump on the right, can you see the extreme difference there? I am clearly saying huge swings in the political pendulum are motivated by irrational thinking. If it makes you feel any better, I would say the same damn thing about Bush and Obama. Liberals were all fired up and so damn sure Obama was the answer to what was wrong with the country. If you think Trump is going to fix what wrong with this country, god bless you, but I think that's irrational. 

I'm not at all personally offended by what you stated.I'm questioning your claim of irrationality from so many voters.You claim so many were being irrational by voting Trump,would you feel the same about Hillary voters if she had won ? we only had two to choose from that had any chance of winning.Just an FYI,no politician or President will ever fix what you or i think is wrong with this country.Rational enough ?

Are you suggesting about 1/2 of American voters are irrational ? that's an irrational suggestion.The thing i really don't get about what the left claims are Trump supporters is none of them i know are anything that's suggested.These people are small business owners and guys that go to work everyday and take care of themselves.My own daughter and son in law,both work,bought a house and have two kids,voted Trump.My father in law hates Trump loved Obama and lives in a fucking trailer park.Where does this myth about what a Trump supporter is come from ?

All I hear is shit about "trailer park welfare libtards" being thrown around. Folks who voted for trump are wealthy, white, old men. Statistically speaking. He is pro business, as that position could make him rich, and possibly prevent some future bankruptcies. Wealthy Americans would love to see reduced capital gains, and tax bracket adjustments toward the level. That's who is seen as the Trump supporter largely. The loud faction is white, high school educated, gets news from TV or YouTube because reading is annoying, works hourly, hasn't traveled out of the continent, speaks one language, and feels threatened by things that fall outside of his box.

Those two voters are very different people! But Trump got both. One through policy, one through rhetoric. Then he poorly read a few bible verses to lock it up. The right basically has the wealthy locked down by default based on tax policy. The second demographic was borrowed from an era passed. An angle neglected since the Coolidge election.

• Like 1

On the facts presented it was maybe, manslaughter if not a horrible accident. You could argue carelessness too. Yes he's a douchebag. This is everything to do with immigration, sanctuary city, illegal  alien and prior convictions. I thought he walked up and shot her, but it turns out the facts are far different. Murdering someone with an 80 foot ricochet is ludicrous. Everyone... give your head a hard fucking shake and move on. 

"If he wasn't there it would not have happened". True, but for every bad thing I bet there are people saved from injury or death every day by someone who shouldn't have been there too.

All I hear is shit about "trailer park welfare libtards" being thrown around. Folks who voted for trump are wealthy, white, old men. Statistically speaking. He is pro business, as that position could make him rich, and possibly prevent some future bankruptcies. Wealthy Americans would love to see reduced capital gains, and tax bracket adjustments toward the level. That's who is seen as the Trump supporter largely. The loud faction is white, high school educated, gets news from TV or YouTube because reading is annoying, works hourly, hasn't traveled out of the continent, speaks one language, and feels threatened by things that fall outside of his box.

Those two voters are very different people! But Trump got both. One through policy, one through rhetoric. Then he poorly read a few bible verses to lock it up. The right basically has the wealthy locked down by default based on tax policy. The second demographic was borrowed from an era passed. An angle neglected since the Coolidge election.

Dont overlook that Mr. Obama marginalized about half of the country a great deal, so much so that even through all his faults they felt Trump was better than Obama 3.0. Im still pissed at him for his "leadership skills" that lead us/caused us into this quagmire of illusion. Yet Tom Styer and his ilk waste all of our time with thoughts of impeachment (aint gonna happen) - most likely to get his name in everyone's head for political gain - and this causes us to take our eye off the ball which should be the 2018 elections. 

Looks like Tax Reform is going to pass. This will make it even harder to make any changes ...

They tried that guy for murder knowing all along he wouldn't get convicted.If they would have tried him for involuntary manslaughter they probably had a chance.Sad.

Was charged with involuntary manslaughter also.. found not guilty on that charge too.

Still not sure how I feel about the tax bill. I'll report back after changes are in place and I file my taxes.

I do itemize so it could be bad. I know it's a shitty mess currently but it can always get worse.

• Like 1

Still not sure how I feel about the tax bill. I'll report back after changes are in place and I file my taxes.

I do itemize so it could be bad. I know it's a shitty mess currently but it can always get worse.

The online calculators I saw for it put me at getting about $4000 more back under either of the new tax plans...so I'm currently in favor. Something, something, taxation is theft...

• Like 1

"If he wasn't there it would not have happened". True, but for every bad thing I bet there are people saved from injury or death every day by someone who shouldn't have been there too.

Only one way to find out  :)

On the facts presented it was maybe, manslaughter if not a horrible accident. You could argue carelessness too. Yes he's a douchebag. This is everything to do with immigration, sanctuary city, illegal  alien and prior convictions. I thought he walked up and shot her, but it turns out the facts are far different. Murdering someone with an 80 foot ricochet is ludicrous. Everyone... give your head a hard fucking shake and move on. 

Tried in a City that protects these worthless pieces of shit, I am not surprised at the outcome. And his fucking scumbag lawyer taking pot shots at the President afterwards just reeked of Political Grandstanding. 

• Like 1