• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KoHeartsGPA

• datzenmike

• Draker

• a.d._510_n_ok

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a real douchebag comment about Ryan receiving SS benefits.His father died when he was 16.Which meant he got a few small payments until he was 18.I'm no Ryan fan but claiming Ryan "took advantage" is bullshit.Do you think the money Paul Ryan got outweighed what his father contributed ? My father passed when i was almost 18,i got one check for $1,100 bucks.Wow that sure fixed things right up.And you speak of taking advantage with disability.SMH.

Definition; to "take advantage of";  to make use of for gain: to take advantage of an opportunity.

Paul Ryan "took advantage of" Social Security for his gain; that is to keep himself alive.

He was lucky to have it and it was there when he needed it.

Here are his current views on Social Security along with all his repub. brethren, they have been gunning for it for years;

...sounds too easy, the norths huge artillary are well hidden in mountains terrains. Thousands are aimed at Seoul. Even if u target Kim, who will take over. Its a no win situation. China, Russia will get involved they share a border with n. Korea. Japan will get involved and other countries.

There are damned few artillery pieces that can shoot 35 miles. NK has a lot of artillery but most are crap and so is the training and ammo. Drones could hunt then down in real time. Patriot missiles for defense incoming missiles like skuds. With surgical strikes at the command level it may not even come to that.

Better to ask forgiveness that to ask permission. China and Russia are probably fed up with Kim and at the least will rattle their swords and sit it out and at most grumble and threaten over a fait accompli and demand NK settle down for upsetting the US in the first place. If Kim is gone, then they will want more involvement in who's in control of their neighbor. Probably they will not want reunification. With Kim gone things may seek a more normal balance internationally. With Kin there, probably the same as he will be busy holding on to power hopefully against several coups..

Are these the same seniors who shocked hilldawg and her pups by flipping Ohio, Pennsylvania and Michigan for Trump in '16? Them old farts got pretty pissy after Obama raided Medicare to fund the ACA.

That's right and how do you think they would react to a corporate and 1% tax cut being funded by future cuts to their Social Security and Medicare?

There are damned few artillery pieces that can shoot 35 miles. NK has a lot of artillery but most are crap and so is the training and ammo. Drones could hunt then down in real time. Patriot missiles for defense incoming missiles like skuds. With surgical strikes at the command level it may not even come to that.

Better to ask forgiveness that to ask permission. China and Russia are probably fed up with Kim and at the least will rattle their swords and sit it out and at most grumble and threaten over a fait accompli and demand NK settle down for upsetting the US in the first place. If Kim is gone, then they will want more involvement in who's in control of their neighbor. Probably they will not want reunification. With Kim gone things may seek a more normal balance internationally. With Kin there, probably the same as he will be busy holding on to power hopefully against several coups..

...mike look up rocket artillary.

Definition; to "take advantage of";  to make use of for gain: to take advantage of an opportunity.

Paul Ryan "took advantage of" Social Security for his gain; that is to keep himself alive.

He was lucky to have it and it was there when he needed it.

Here are his current views on Social Security along with all his repub. brethren, they have been gunning for it for years;

Just raise the retirement age to 110.  Problem solved!  I'm surprised these genius congresspeople haven't figured this out yet.

Just raise the retirement age to 110. Problem solved! I'm surprised these genius congresspeople haven't figured this out yet.

...there u go I like that..joking aside, I'm going to collect as early as I can. Fuck what the govt is saying to maximize later at 72 or whatever it is, i may not live that long.

...there u go I like that..joking aside, I'm going to collect as early as I can. Fuck what the govt is saying to maximize later at 72 or whatever it is, i may not live that long.

I pretty much don't consider SS for anything.  If there is something I can get out of it, great, but I'm not counting on it.

An article written by a former "Party of Reagan" Precinct Committeeman in FORBES magazine ( itself not a libtard, fake news rag);

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chrisladd/2017/12/02/the-gop-has-become-a-dangerous-cult/#7d551ec4245c

Ok, I read it.  I think you could switch out the names and pretty much make the exact same article about our Democrat leaders.  Everyone is hellbent on only following their own party, and really it's not surprising given the candidates that are put forth as our only options.  

...mike look up rocket artillary.

I did. NK went for quantity over quality in it's weapons. It's mostly conventional artillery. And yes the newest 300mm can reach much of SK but first strike advantage takes them out and drones take out the hidden assets later. Possibly surgical strikes will disrupt the command and control communications so retaliation is much reduced. The rockets are mounted on trucks and easy to spot. Today, rockets can be shot down by other missiles and CIWS. Expect losses.

In addition once things get underway the NKs may just cave in. I don't count on it but living there must be a bitch. Didn't someone desperate enough just escape? I don't see anyone doing the same going north.

Even if ROK and USA do surgical strikes, it would not not be enough to knock out over 12,000 artillery pieces. Do we have enough drones, no. Yes, those artillary can be seen but I don't think there's enough fire power to knock them out. Lots of them are hidden and protected by n. Koreas mountains and more than likely fortified. It will be very messy.

They're leaving California for Las Vegas to find the middle-class life that eluded them

The rent steals so much of your paycheck, you might have to move back in with your parents, and half your life is spent staring at the rear end of the car in front of you.

You’d like to think it will get better, but when? All around you, young and old alike are saying goodbye to California.

“Best thing I could have done,” said retiree Michael J. Van Essen, who was paying $1,160 for a one-bedroom apartment in Silver Lake until a year and a half ago. Then he bought a house with a creek behind it for $165,000 in Mason City, Iowa, and now pays $500 a month less on his mortgage than he did on his rent in Los Angeles.

Van Essen was one of the many readers who responded in October when I reached out to people who got sick and tired of the high cost of living in California. I heard from someone in Idaho and others who moved to Arizona and Nevada.

Solid recent data is hard to come by, but 2016 census figures showed an uptick in the number of people who fled Los Angeles and Orange counties for less expensive California locales, or they left the state altogether.

“If housing costs continue to rise, we should expect to see more people leaving high-cost areas,” said Jed Kolko, an economist with UC Berkeley’s Terner Center for Housing Innovation.

Some companies have made the move from California, and others have set up satellites in Nevada. California, a world economic power, will survive the raids, and it will continue to draw people from other states and around the world. Its assets include cutting-edge tech and entertainment industries, major ports, great weather and dozens of first-rate universities.

But the Golden State is tarnished and ever-more divided by a crisis with no end in sight, and this year’s legislative efforts to spawn more housing for working people lacked urgency and scale. Slowly, steadily, and somewhat indifferently, we are burdening, breaking and even exporting our middle class.

California, the place where anything was possible, has become the place where nothing is affordable.

http://www.latimes.com/local/california/la-me-lopez-vegas-transplants-20171203-story.html

You have to make like 200k a year to afford a house in the Bay Area and even then that may not be enough. In not talking about a 4 bedroom, 2 stories. A 4 bedroom townhouse, over 30 yrs old and fixer upper just sold for 720k. They did not even advertised. Some Asian couple paid cash. It sucks big time for young couples who is trying to buy their firts house. You have to buy in Stockton, lathrop, Manteca but then again the commute will kill you in due time.

Even if ROK and USA do surgical strikes, it would not not be enough to knock out over 12,000 artillery pieces. Do we have enough drones, no. Yes, those artillary can be seen but I don't think there's enough fire power to knock them out. Lots of them are hidden and protected by n. Koreas mountains and more than likely fortified. It will be very messy.

Again those won't reach more than a third of the distance to Seoul. That leaves rocket launchers and a few missiles. You've been at it for almost 70 years. Satellite reconnaissance for years, SR71 flyovers before that, defectors and spies. Anything that moves or was moved or built is known about and already targeted.

As I said this morning if NK was really a threat something would have been done already. Building a nuclear device to blow up underground is easy. Sticking it on top of a firecracker and sending it where you want is not. Better to not wait too long.    

Sanctuary city policies are ruining California — here’s why I left

As Democrats promoted sanctuary city policies and Governor Jerry Brown began his early prisoner release program of convicted felons, drug dealers and other offenders, I no longer felt safe as a single female walking home from work in California.

Now in California, 13,500 inmates are released early every month due to overcrowding. That’s an increase of 34 percent over just the last few years according to the Los Angeles Times.

All of this comes at a time when illegal immigrant criminal activity is drowning the state’s resources. Already, approximately one-fourth of the prison inmate population are illegal immigrants being housed on the taxpayers’ dime.

All of this comes at a time when illegal immigrant criminal activity is drowning the state’s resources. Already, approximately one-fourth of the prison inmate population are illegal immigrants being housed on the taxpayers’ dime.

While liberals often suggest that the illegal immigrant population is relatively low and therefore no threat to public safety, federal crime statistics show that a heavy percentage, criminal offenders and murderers are illegal immigrants. According to an article earlier this year at TheHill, “a population of just over 3.5 percent residing in the U.S. unlawfully committed 22 percent to 37 percent of all murders in the nation.”

In the Kate Steinle murder case, we knew so little about the violent illegal immigrant offender that he was actually indicted under another name. Initially, he was reported to be Juan Francisco Lopez-Sanchez, but the name under which he was just acquitted last night is Jose Ines Garcia Zarate. It begs the question, if we can’t even verify a person’s true identity should they really be in our country walking our streets among the public?

The evidence clearly shows that illegal immigrants's criminal activity increasingly places law-abiding American citizens at risk.

That an entire state would allow its residents to be placed beneath the rights of illegal criminal immigrants is a travesty. The fact that liberals even suggest that those who have no legal claim to residence here even have “rights” is a laughable premise to begin with.

http://thehill.com/opinion/criminal-justice/362940-sanctuary-city-policies-are-ruining-california-heres-why-i-left

• Like 1

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-pol-sac-proposition-57-regulations-20170324-story.html

This says about 9,500 over 4 years which is 2,375 a year. Up to 1,500 would be eligible by 2021. Early Release is actually Parole not total release. It has to be earned and is monitored.